Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by etk View Post
    I was just like you about a year ago. Same size, same bench max, maybe a bit more. I've improved it by about 75 lbs. (maybe more...haven't done max yet) in about 4 months.

Rob's advice was good, mine is pretty much the same.

Eating is the biggest and most important thing. I went from eating a small breakfast and barely eating anything til I got home from school to loading up on protein and healthy carbs at the cafeteria in university. If you're still at home your resources will probably be limited, but at the very least pack yourself a bunch of peanut butter sandwiches for the day. You'll also need whey protein for post-workouts and possibly breakfast if you need to supplement it. I read Rob's article and will be taking some pointers from it, and yeah I should focus more on my diet.

I'd say it's better to get 2 chest workouts in during the week. My pecs recover fast so you should see how you feel in the beginning. Either way, you wanna do heavy sets of no more than 5-6 reps.

If you have a big frame or even just an undeveloped one, the diet combined with more intense lifting should improve your strength dramatically Camp doesn't start until August so you have more than enough time to get to respectable numbers for a 1st year (rep 185 a handful of times). I lift more pretty much every time I bench.

What school are you leaning towards?
    I think I'm going to go back for a victory lap because of my ****** grades. As of now I've talked to Guelph, Ottawa U, McGill, and York. McGill is not an option because of my trash grades, and even though they are probably the most interested York is my last option because they aren't any good.

On topic my football training group is starting weights next week after two months of plyometrics so I'll be doing my benching and squats then. I'll take some pointers from Rob's article, and have to focus more on what I eat, especially on getting the right amount of protein. As of now I drink/eat way too much junk and never eat breakfast so I'll fix that.
    Last edited by Draft King; 03-02-2010, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
      I wouldn't put my body through that. I'd be tired throughout the day if I work out in the morning..
      Really? I don't usually swell in the morning but if I do I'm even more awake the rest of the day.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• im about to get some new running shoes. My last ones were brooks and I liked them, but anyone got suggestions?

Comment

• Asics are the best

Kayano 15 running shoe

These are what I have now. They're amazing, light as air and plenty of support. I've also had new balances, they're nice but they're quite a bit heavier.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Originally posted by Draft King View Post
            I think I'm going to go back for a victory lap because of my ****** grades. As of now I've talked to Guelph, Ottawa U, McGill, and York. McGill is not an option because of my trash grades, and even though they are probably the most interested York is my last option because they aren't any good.

On topic my football training group is starting weights next week after two months of plyometrics so I'll be doing my benching and squats then. I'll take some pointers from Rob's article, and have to focus more on what I eat, especially on getting the right amount of protein. As of now I drink/eat way too much junk and never eat breakfast so I'll fix that.
            What position do you play?

You really need to do some deadlifts and powercleans. Those are great for football players.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
            02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
            02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
            02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
            Originally posted by fenikz
            we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
              What position do you play?

You really need to do some deadlifts and powercleans. Those are great for football players.
              Quarterback for high school but I'll probably convert to receiver in university.

Comment

• Originally posted by Draft King View Post

I'd choose Guelph out of that group. I wouldn't wanna stay at home, and McGill and York have awful teams. Guelph has a higher % of girls than any other school in Ontario, if not Canada (I think).

Eating breakfast will give you a major boost. It's good that you're used to eating junk food because now you can just replace junk food with healthier snacks that are higher in protein to help you bulk up.

Also don't forget multiplayer beta May 3rd ;). The trailer is up on kotaku and it looks insane.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Wednesdays are the death of me. Shoulders, Abs, Cardio at 8 a.m. Feeling phsically tired but mentally focused. My body is confused.

Comment

• Scram Tommy. Don't give her the weight room thing.

Do you know where the weight room is? I'll check it out.

Comment

• All right, tell me what you think of this. I really need to start cutting hardcore and I'm sort of limited on time. Because of that, I'm going to lift 3x week and run on three other days, leaving one day for rest. Tell me what you think of this lifting routine. It's the same exercises every time, but I'll be mixing up the weights and sets.

Bench Press
                      Deadlifts
                      Squats
                      Power Cleans
                      Dips
                      Pullups
                      Step-ups
                      Floorwipers
                      Cable Chops
                      Cable Pulls

Comment

• Its mostly all in the diet when cutting. The first 5 lbs is the easiest the last 5 is going to be the hardest.

Comment

• Well, you have the big three in there Sniper. I'm happy to see that. Other than that, cardio and diet brotha. Good luck.

So, I have shin splints. First time having them and they suck big time. How long do they last and how can I get rid of them quicker? Anyone have any ideas or personal experience with them?

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                            Well, you have the big three in there Sniper. I'm happy to see that.
                            Thanks. I was trying to get a bunch of compound lifts in there.

Other than that, cardio and diet brotha. Good luck.
                            Gonna start running some sprints. Suck hard, it will.

Comment

• And please remember to lift heavy. People usually do more reps with very light weight while cutting so they can be omgz tonedz. They find themselves losing a lot of strength is all and the muscle will show when the fat comes off. Everyone has biceps, triceps, and absz.

Comment

• Originally posted by etk View Post
                                Guelph has a higher % of girls than any other school in Ontario, if not Canada (I think).
                                It also has the most lesbians, hippies and ******* weirdos as well lol. And yeah, they had that on manswers, something like an 11:1 girl to guy ratio. I know like 10 girls and 3 guys that went there and the guys say that the ratio is definitely noticeable, but as a city, I think Guelph is soooooo boring and crappy (Ignores the fact that he goes to Mac in Hamilton...).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information