Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
    6'2-6'3ish. So not awesomely tall but taller than most. It all hides in my gut. Ridiculous.
    I have a friend about that tall who is 165 lbs, and he is skinny as a rail, just like you mentioned. If he got up to a healthy 180 or 185, he wouldn't look like a walking spider, so I can easily see why you don't want to lose too much.
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• So i havnt worked out seriously since football in high school, my max in bench was 285 and squat was 450. I went to go work out about a month ago with my free membership at 24 hour fitness with a friend, and it was horrible. I might just do light weight and just work with that, instead of trying to power lift again.

Comment

• Originally posted by bantx View Post
        So i havnt worked out seriously since football in high school, my max in bench was 285 and squat was 450. I went to go work out about a month ago with my free membership at 24 hour fitness with a friend, and it was horrible. I might just do light weight and just work with that, instead of trying to power lift again.
        I had lost a lot of upper body strength from when I played football. (It had been two years since I lifted seriously) I was able to keep my lower body/ab/back stength though, mostly because of my work, but the first time I went to do any serious lifting in my upper body, I had lost even more than I expected. I'm slowly working my upper body back up to where I was when I played, but my lower body and abs are far stronger than when I played. I'm squatting 585 right now for my max, but my bench needs some serious work, I'm only at 255. When I started up again 5 months ago, I was only doing 205, so I have seen steady improvement there. My deadlift has gone up a little bit, but nothing to write home about.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
          So no one works out in silence, right? What's on the playlist for your workouts?
          I don't workout with an ipod... People who spend mroe time on their music than their workout annoy the hell out of me. I'm in there to get my swell on, not listen to music.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            I don't workout with an ipod... People who spend mroe time on their music than their workout annoy the hell out of me. I'm in there to get my swell on, not listen to music.
            I dont see too many people fiddling with their music devices where I go. Maybe they do when on the bike or something but they're still working out so it's all good. The gym has music playing in the background anyway. I just hate hearing people grunting and the sound of the treadmill. Now that annoys the hell out of me. It distracts me more than a perfect 10 on the treadmill. Just kidding, but it does distract me.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
              so i have a bet that i can get 18 reps of 225 on bench by next spring. most ive done is 11. Is there anything specifically i should do to work on the endurance, or should i just focus on improving overall strength?
              Buy rubber bands or if your gym has them Chains. I'm pretty sure you know what to do next. Just add those to the side of your 225 weight and start benching. For the rubber bands don't forget to weight them down at the bottom with like 50 lbs. dumbbells.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                For the rubber bands don't forget to weight them down at the bottom with like 50 lbs. dumbbells.
                Or you could just use one long band that most gyms have and put it under the bench with both handles being on each side of the bar.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

Comment

• I thrashed myself this morning for PT(physical training). Here's the workout

1/4 mile lap between every exercise

Burpies x25 (Start in the standing position then go to the squat position before kicking your legs back and doing a pushup. Then finish it up by exploding to your feet and jumping as high as you can. That's 1)

Vertical Medicine Ball throws x25 (Throw a medicine ball in the air as high as you can)

Medicine Ball Slams x25 (Starting with the ball at your chest slam it as hard as you can on the ground)

Buddy Pushups x15 on the top x15 on the bottom (one person lies on his back and holds the other person up with his hands. Both people then push out at the same time)

Tuck Jumps x25

30 lb kettlebell swings x 25

Tri lunges x25 (Lunge with the left, hop up, lunge with the right, hop up, squat)

Toe touches x25

punching bag squats x25 (you and a partner grab opposite ends of a punching bag and perform squats)

Took about 40 minutes and killed the whole body

Comment

• Today I did:
                    7 minutes on the sit down bike on fat burn level 6
                    5 minutes on 7.0 speed on the treadmill
                    3 sets of 15 of 60 pounds on the ab machine
                    3 sets of 10 Captains Chair leg raise
                    3 sets of 10 Captains Chair straight leg
                    3 sets of 20 sec (60 on the last) plank exercise
                    3 sets of 15 of 120 pounds on the back machine where you push back and come forward
                    10 more minutes on the sit down bike on random, level 10

It was an easy day, tomorrow is back and biceps.
                    Lat pulldown
                    Hammer Curls
                    Biceps Curls
                    Barbell Curls (7 waist to chest, 7 chest to chin, 7 full and I do 3 sets of all them. Those 3 done is considered one set)

What other workout should I do for back and biceps?

Comment

• Seated rows.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

• I am 6'1 165 and I am 14 years old I only bench around my own weight if not less, how can I work on my chest strength obviously other than only using the bench press.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

• Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                          I am 6'1 165 and I am 14 years old I only bench around my own weight if not less, how can I work on my chest strength obviously other than only using the bench press.
                          Definitely push ups.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                            Definitely push ups.
                            Because I definitely lack upper body strength, I need to work on it, how many should I try to do each day, or per set etc.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

• Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                              I am 6'1 165 and I am 14 years old I only bench around my own weight if not less, how can I work on my chest strength obviously other than only using the bench press.
                              its mostly triceps anyway.

regardless, check this out:

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...2A5CD30F.hydra

And anyone looking for a routine should read this 1st to avoid redundancy here imo:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/s-...e-read-436935/

Maybe we can post that link on the first post because it has a wealth of good info.
                              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                                Seated rows.
                                Yes. And deadlifts.

they get smoked.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information