Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
    Crazy Leg workout today.

Squats: 1x4 (410 lbs) 1x3 (425 lbs) 1x2 (435 lbs) 1x1 (445)
    Lunges: 1x2 50 yards
    Medicine Ball Squats: 2x40 reps (10 lb ball)
    Medicine Ball throw while in squat position: 2x45 seconds

Gotta get stronger
    Squat is weak, bro. haha, just kidding. That doesn't seem that bad, imo.., no offense. What's your weight at?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
      http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...edded_physique

I did the "Cosgrove's Evil 8" with 95 lbs (25 on each side). It will kick your ass.
      Wow. That looks really interesting. You can do that instead of cardio? I'm going to have to give that a shot on non lift days.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
        Wow. That looks really interesting. You can do that instead of cardio? I'm going to have to give that a shot on non lift days.
        Yeah, it kinda serves as a HIIT like workout. I run an easy 1.5 miles before I do it just to get some extra work in.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
          Yeah, it kinda serves as a HIIT like workout. I run an easy 1.5 miles before I do it just to get some extra work in.
          Do you treat it like a standard lifting day? IE; protein shake+carb up after? Or do you just carry on like after a cardio session. Probably a real stupid question.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
            Do you treat it like a standard lifting day? IE; protein shake+carb up after? Or do you just carry on like after a cardio session. Probably a real stupid question.
            carbs are actually more important after a cardio session, so yeah, I sip on a gatorade-creatine mix during my workout and take whey after.

Comment

• yeah i was wondering what the hell do I eat after doing cardio?

So not take to big of chances, i usually just waited like 1 hr or so and then ate a light salad. Just some spinach and lettuce mixed with some balsamic vinger and extra virgin olive oil.
              Last edited by brat316; 03-05-2010, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                yeah i was wondering what the hell do I eat after doing cardio?

So not take to big of chances, i usually just waited like 1 hr or so and then ate a light salad. Just some spinach and lettuce mixed with some balsamic vinger and extra virgin olive oil.
                you really need carbs after cardio, especially LSD, even moreso than lifting. Honestly, you should always drink a gatorade while doing anything at the gym, studies overwhelmingly support it. If you can make a protein-carb mixture to sip on, even better.

Comment

• Read this for info on what to drink during a workout:

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/..._nutrition.htm

Comment

• I got my post lifting drink and meal always ready. Its the post cardio one that had me confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                      Squat is weak, bro. haha, just kidding. That doesn't seem that bad, imo.., no offense. What's your weight at?
                      haha I'm actually pretty weak in the weight room. I'm 305-310 somewhere in between there. I lost a lot of weight being away from football.

Comment

• I did the P90x abs and Ploymetrics work out...wow that **** is crazy. The cardio one was pretty weak, but these two i tried and liked. I'm still doing my lifting 5x5 on MWF. But i needed to do a change up on the cardio days the ploy **** is a plus.

I'm thinking about doing that thing Rob posted earlier in the day and then around night before bed do Ploy workout. But I don't wanna over do it, you think maybe its to much?

Comment

• I tried one those complexes today. Holy crap those are a good workout.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• I'm thinking about incorporating one into my workout.

Comment

• 12 more days until 26.3 miles of rucking in the desert! time to kick the training into high gear!

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                                I'm thinking about incorporating one into my workout.
                                Do it dude. I did it today on my off day. Well worth it if you ask me. I can feel it being a more beneficial way to get some cardio than running, strength-wise.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information