Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
    Do it dude. I did it today on my off day. Well worth it if you ask me. I can feel it being a more beneficial way to get some cardio than running, strength-wise.
    Nice, dude! They are freaking exhausting. What kind of weight did you wind up using if you don'y mind me asking. I am considering increasing it weekly, but I think I might die haha.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• I really like the Cosgrove Complex. And they fit perfectly into my workout.

Day One: Upper Body
      Day Two: Lower Body
      Day Three: Complex/Abs/Cardio
      Day Four: Rest

For the Cosgrove, I'm going to probably start at 85 pounds and see how I feel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
        Nice, dude! They are freaking exhausting. What kind of weight did you wind up using if you don'y mind me asking. I am considering increasing it weekly, but I think I might die haha.
        I used 20's with the bar for the first time. Figured I'd try and get the hang of it before I got too serious with the weight. probably move it up a bit next time.
        You think its a good idea to switch up the complexes at all or to just use one of them for an extended period of time?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
          I used 20's with the bar for the first time. Figured I'd try and get the hang of it before I got too serious with the weight. probably move it up a bit next time.
          You think its a good idea to switch up the complexes at all or to just use one of them for an extended period of time?
          I was also wondering this. I thought about rotating the complexes so I had some variety but of it's more beneificial to stick to one then I will do that.

Comment

• idk.......variety can never hurt with cardio so you don't get bored, but I wouldn't think that there is too much of a benefit to it.

Comment

• Complexes are my new favorite workout. I did 85 for everything, bumping it up to 90 next workout.

Good find Rob.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                Complexes are my new favorite workout.
                Told ya ;)

Indeed good find Rob.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• I wonder how they'd work with a body bar (~20-36lbs?)...

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                    I wonder how they'd work with a body bar (~20-36lbs?)...
                    what does that mean? Using 26-30 lbs total? The weight really just depends on how strong you are and how in shape you are.

Comment

• I wouldnt be able to pull off a complex at the current gym I go to. Can't wait to try it out though

Comment

• How does creatine work? Who here takes it? Should I take it?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                          How does creatine work? Who here takes it? Should I take it?
                          http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/creatine.html

Read and if you have any further questions, come back.

I do take creatine.

Comment

• I wonder how they'd work with a body bar (~20-36lbs?)...
                            Obviously not as well... but you can do a complex workout without any weights. The weights just make it more effective.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• So yeah, the complexes kicked my ass. I did two yesterday, Cosgrove Evil 8 and the other one with the 45lb plate (forget the name). I'm feeling it. Love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                                So yeah, the complexes kicked my ass. I did two yesterday, Cosgrove Evil 8 and the other one with the 45lb plate (forget the name). I'm feeling it. Love it.
                                how was the plate one in comparison to the Cosgrove? The only problem I am having with the complexes is my lower back being kinda sore if I do the complex the day before deads or squats.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information