Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just god damned blasted my legs and back. Haven't had a pump that good in a long time. Going to be so sore. Starting my cut cycle soon, I think. More reps+less weight= me dead. Simple, but wow.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• what back exercises did u do? I have been looking to mix things up a bit, I usually do rows and lat pull down. I have been doing good mornings recently and they are a great workout

Comment

• I do deadlifts, dumbbell rows, pulldowns, barbell row, and pullups depending on the day. Sorry, pretty boring for back. I tried Good Morning, but they KILL my lower back. They were a pretty good workout though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• yeah they are killer on the lower back, but you gotta be careful with them or you could get hurt.

Comment

• HIIT+Complexes=awesome. Great workout. I'm pretty beat now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
              HIIT+Complexes=awesome. Great workout. I'm pretty beat now.
              What kind of HIIT did you do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                I hit chest and don't bounce very much, if at all on bench. More upper abs than chest actually, I bring the bar nice and low.
                Reminds of a Dbag I saw at the gym yesterday. He was bouncing the bar while thrusting his pelvis as high as the bar. One thing I think is a big problem with people at the gym who bench is that they don't even know how their grip affects what's being worked. I constantly see guys with super close grips who wonder why their chest isn't being worked and why their tri's are so tired. I think over 50% of people at the gym don't have a wide enough grip to work chest and aren't even close enough to fully utilize work on their triceps.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                  What kind of HIIT did you do?

Went with 12 sets of 30 sec. sprint and 1 minute rest. I might be able to amp it up a little bit more next time. First time I've tried complexes.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                    Reminds of a Dbag I saw at the gym yesterday. He was bouncing the bar while thrusting his pelvis as high as the bar. One thing I think is a big problem with people at the gym who bench is that they don't even know how their grip affects what's being worked. I constantly see guys with super close grips who wonder why their chest isn't being worked and why their tri's are so tired. I think over 50% of people at the gym don't have a wide enough grip to work chest and aren't even close enough to fully utilize work on their triceps.
                    I usually go with ring fingers on the rings for my general bench workout. I do close grip as an assistance as well to get my triceps some more involvement.
                    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• your grip all depends on what you are trying to do. For sports you definitely don't want to have too wide of a grip. You're trying to simulate the motion used in a game situation. Iv never seen a guy block with his hands outside of his shoulders without getting called for holding. If it is strictly for looks, a wide grip may be better suited for you but for performance a closer grip is generally more beneficial.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• your grip all depends on what you are trying to do. For sports you definitely don't want to have too wide of a grip. You're trying to simulate the motion used in a game situation. Iv never seen a guy block with his hands outside of his shoulders without getting called for holding. If it is strictly for looks, a wide grip may be better suited for you but for performance a closer grip is generally more beneficial.
                        Kind of, but that is a very specific targeting of a muscle. You are generally better building a strong base because your power should come from the core and be passed through.

If you are only building the Tricep, you have to get all your power through it. If you can begin in the chest and pass through the tricep you can get a better punch, regardless of how strong the Tri is. It's like people who only target their calves in their legs to get more explosive. The more powerful you are overall the better. Obviously some fine tuning with targeted exercises is good, but you should lay the foundation before trying to erect the walls.

HIIT is a killer. I like to do it more on distance than time, but I generally do a 400m run as quick as possible basically and then walk/jog 200m then go again. By the 5th or 6th run I am absolutely gutted and it is just a killer. If I do it on time I like to keep it fresh and fast, about 20-30 second sprint with 20-30 second jog.

I've also been using the rower and cycle a lot lately(knee injury being the main reason) Biking I like to try and do 1min hard to 30 sec normal. Rowing you can't do HIIT with very well because it is rhythmic but damn if you don't feel it if you push hard.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• tried that complex, kicked my ass as well

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• Gonna try some of those complexes they look like a *****, thanks guys.

Oh, and I'm thinking about starting on Creatine for the first time n I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction with some recommendations. Keep in mind I am a VERY poor college student. Thanks in advance.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                              Gonna try some of those complexes they look like a *****, thanks guys.

Oh, and I'm thinking about starting on Creatine for the first time n I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction with some recommendations. Keep in mind I am a VERY poor college student. Thanks in advance.
                              powdered creatine monohydrate, its cheap as hell. Get like 2 lbs. and try it out.

http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...?cid=36&pid=91
                              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                                Gonna try some of those complexes they look like a *****, thanks guys.

GNC Creatine Monohydrate. I think I got it for 9 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information