Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far for the last two days i been keeping a time table so i'll post that.

9:15 Banana, greek yogurt strawberry
    9:45-10:50 Gatorade while working out
    11:15 Whey with 2 cups of Skim Milk
    1:00 Natrual BP, milled Flax Seed, on Whole grain bread, hash brown
    5:46 1/2 Whole grain tortilla, filled with spinach, tomatoes, fat free cheese, beans
    9:00 Ploy workout
    10:30 1 cup milk, 1/2 scoop casien, 1 scoop whey, 1/2 tortilla.

Tuesday
    10:30 Banana, Greek Yogurt
    2:00 Tortilla, Spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, fat free cheese, beans
    4:00-4:30 cardio/complex workout
    6:00 apple
    7:20 slice of whole grain bread, 2 slices of cheese ff, and bell peppers
    9:15 Mushroom, bell peppers, cheese FF, Whole grain bread, 1 cup of juice
    11:30 1 cup skim milk, 1/2 casien, 1 whey.

And the week before
    16th
    honey, natural BP, whole grain bread with Flax seed
    1/2 sandwhich, cheese, tomatoes, whole grain, tofu
    skim milk
    banana
    1115 calories

17th
    2x Bananas
    2x Yogurts
    1/2 of the sandwich
    2 cups milk whey
    Gatorade
    Broccoli, Brown rice and soy sauce

Banana, pineapple, watermelon, strawberries
    slice of whole grain with BP, skim milk
    small piece of left over tofu
    cliff bar
    yogurt
    cheese
    apple

2 whole wheat and cheese sandwhiches, skim milk
    peach yogurt
    mangoes
    chocolate milk fat free
    white rice, bread, mixed vegetables
    1185? didn't know what the last meal was.

Thats about it. I might switch it up, for a week and do like 1500 on MWF, and 2000 on TTH.
    Last edited by brat316; 03-24-2010, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
      1st off, your calories look way low......1500 and 1000 is insane. 2000 should be fine.

2nd, what are you cutting for? 145 is already skinny.....are you fighting or something?

3rd- You could have easily hit a plateau.....when you take in an extreme caloric defecit, your body can become used to it and start storing fat. This, however, should be temporary. If you keep eating a defecit, you will keep losing weight. You can help yourself out of a plateau faster by changing up what you eat or adding some more cardio, but you will get out anyway as long as you keep the defecit.
      ahahha nah its just fat i wanna burn off, let my abs pop..and yes I know some of it is about having genes.

Comment

• Chest out this tit workout.

http://videos.bodybuilding.com/watch...chest-training

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
          ahahha nah its just fat i wanna burn off, let my abs pop..and yes I know some of it is about having genes.
          To me it sounds like you're losing weight for vanity, rather than health. I hope that isn't the case.

Comment

• Been a while since I've posted on this thread.

Recently got on Muscle Milk and Creatine(optimum nutrition brand).

I'm starting to see more definition in my body.

I'm doing an ab class tonight for the first time ever. Don't really know what to expect, except soreness lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
              if yur 150lbs and u cannot see your abs, then u dont have enough muscle mass on your body yet.

Being that light of a weight u shoulder consider doing a nice good bulk, and then cut

Comment

• Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                if yur 150lbs and u cannot see your abs, then u dont have enough muscle mass on your body yet.

Being that light of a weight u shoulder consider doing a nice good bulk, and then cut
                Really depends how tall he is, I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                  To me it sounds like you're losing weight for vanity, rather than health. I hope that isn't the case.
                  it is a bit. I don't really want to drop weight, its more of dropping body fat %. And since i can't find out what my % is, eye ball test and a scale works I guess. I don't want to do that electrode test because your results can be off from 40-60%.
                  Last edited by brat316; 03-24-2010, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Supplements are exactly what they say, supplements. They supplement your diet and workout, they don't replace.

I know it sounds stupid for me to post but it's just a reminder that you still have to watch what you eat and work hard in the gym even when you are on supplements.

Comment

• Yeah, my only supplement is whey. I am thinking about using Universal SuperCuts, but i'm put that off untill like May/June if i really need it. I'm take a break from cutting in 2-3 weeks anyways.

Comment

• I think I'm going to try out Animal Cuts come mid-April and run it for 3 weeks.

Comment

• Ok so I just recently got back into working out now that school has been winding down for me. I'm 5 foot 11 and around 150 pounds and I'm looking to bulk up of course. I have school all day on tuesday thursday along with a radio show so I only have time to work out on the gym on Monday, Wednesday and Friday along with the weekend.

I was thinking of doing a routine of:

Monday - All Upper Body
                          Tuesday - Cardio
                          Wednesday - All Lower Body
                          Thursday - Cardio
                          Friday - All Upper Body
                          Weekend - Rest and some cardio

And then flip it as the next week comes up.

I do 3 sets of decreasing reps (usually 10 , 8 , 6) but that's just from what I used to do in high school. I read about 5X5 but I guess I don't fully understand.

I get plenty of complex carbs, protein and calories, I just need a solid workout routine to help myself.

Any input would be awesome. Thanks.

Comment

• ^I wouldn't do days of " all upper body". I'd isolate one day to chest and bi or tris and one day to shoulders and bi or tris.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

Comment

• Does anyone else prefer lifting by themselves then lifting w/ a partner??? I see many people lifting w/ other people but when ever I lift I seem to get off track very easily and dont get my whole workout in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                                Does anyone else prefer lifting by themselves then lifting w/ a partner??? I see many people lifting w/ other people but when ever I lift I seem to get off track very easily and dont get my whole workout in.
                                Having someone to lift with for chest day is pretty nice to have a spotter. Other than that, I could care less.

they get smoked.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information