Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
    Definitely prefer to work out alone, the meditation-ish part of working out is half of why I like working out so much.

    And booo tests, have to work in the afternoon twice this week. So many people >_<.

    Same here. I like my own rhythm and pace when lifting. Plus no distractions, although I do like to have the TV when lifting. iPod when running.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
      I do it with my legs parallel. Is there a difference in terms of benefits?
      IDK exactly, I have seen people do it parallel on line, but in the gym I saw people do it staggered. I do it staggered becasue in a wrestling match I am going to explode out of that position a lot more

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
        IDK exactly, I have seen people do it parallel on line, but in the gym I saw people do it staggered. I do it staggered becasue in a wrestling match I am going to explode out of that position a lot more
        Usually parallel, but if its real heavy I will go from parallel to a staggered stance after I explode up.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

        Comment


        • I could sure use a new leg routine. Any suggestions?

          What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

          2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            I could sure use a new leg routine. Any suggestions?
            Different types of ATG Squats (Back, Front, Split, etc.), Lunges, Glute-Ham Raises, Sumo Deads.....Squatting is just about all you need to know tho.
            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rob S View Post
              Different types of ATG Squats (Back, Front, Split, etc.), Lunges, Glute-Ham Raises, Sumo Deads.....Squatting is just about all you need to know tho.
              Yeah, I've been doing most of those lifts aside from Sumo deadlifts, which I would really start to like doing. I'm looking for something more detailed with sets and such.

              What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

              2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                Yeah, I've been doing most of those lifts aside from Sumo deadlifts, which I would really start to like doing. I'm looking for something more detailed with sets and such.
                As with most lifts, I think 3-5 reps for around 5-8 sets is the way to go for your main exercise. For your assistance, anywhere from 8-12 reps for 3-4 sets would be fine.

                *** Oh, and I wouldn't do more than 4 exercises in a day, its just too much for most people. I think a good leg breakdown is something like:

                Back Squat:

                3 x 8

                Front Squat:

                8 x 3

                Lunges:

                10 x 3

                Glute-Ham Raise

                - See how many you can do 1st, then figure something out. Some people need to add weight, other cant even do them.
                Last edited by Rob S; 03-29-2010, 09:08 AM.
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                Comment


                • Just curious, what is everyones 3 rep power clean and what is your weight as well.

                  Comment


                  • I put in a midnight workout session today, felt pretty great, was pretty empty too. I've been doing 4 sets of 8 of most of my core exercises with about 5 exercises each day and it's helped me alot. Good medium between short reps(6) for power and high reps(10-12) for endurance but I still go heavy.


                    I've gained 20 lbs since New Years Eve, trying to see how much I can get to by December. Anyone looking into gaining weight I'd seriously suggest looking up 'Serious Mass' on google and order it online. It's cheap as hell, taste good, and I doubt there is a better weight gain supplement out there.


                    GNC charges you like 80 bucks for Mass Tech which last a few weeks, and this stuff last me like 6 weeks and its 25$ in a huge ass bag with 1600+ calories. Done wonders for me.





                    Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                    Comment


                    • where you work out at LL? I work out at Lifetime in Mansfield.


                      Comment


                      • Do a lot of yall do the olympic lifts? For those who do them, is it for football or athletics in general?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bantx View Post
                          where you work out at LL? I work out at Lifetime in Mansfield.
                          24 Hour Fitness in Arlington, sometimes LA Fitness. Lifetime is an awesome gym, nice as hell and lots of women but damn isn't your membership like 60$ a month lol, It's just expensive I thought.


                          24 is cool for me, sometimes I like to go at midnight, and plus I used to work there so it made it easier.





                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by 407Niner View Post
                            Do a lot of yall do the olympic lifts? For those who do them, is it for football or athletics in general?
                            I just stick to power clean and the occasional jerks.....the Olympic lift are useful, but generally have a better replacement if you are training for football.....if you want to get stronger for football, the best bet is to just get stronger overall following a program that focuses on benching, squatting, deadlifting, and cleaning heavy weight.
                            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                            Comment


                            • Olympic lifts are great for explosive speed.


                              The Soviet union did a study and they noticed that powerlifters had a faster 5 and 10 meter dash then the olympic sprinters. And many had a better vertical.




                              GSP trainer said Olympic lifters are the most explosive athletes in the world.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                24 Hour Fitness in Arlington, sometimes LA Fitness. Lifetime is an awesome gym, nice as hell and lots of women but damn isn't your membership like 60$ a month lol, It's just expensive I thought.


                                24 is cool for me, sometimes I like to go at midnight, and plus I used to work there so it made it easier.
                                hah its 40 a month not too bad


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information