Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the twisted knee I mentioned a few pages back is actually a completely ruptured ACL and a torn meniscus so right now I'm pretty much in FML mode...

I have the feeling that I am going to end up with a stupidly massive upperbody over the next 12 months, you know given that I wont be able to do anything using my legs for basically 9 months...

Once again... FML!

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• No I'm not training for football or nothing, I was just wondering why some of yall would do them. I myself stick with the three powerlifting lifts. I've also read some of the folks associated with what the soviets started, like Fred Hatfield "Dr. Squat" and Louise Simmons from Westside Barbell.

Comment

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
        So the twisted knee I mentioned a few pages back is actually a completely ruptured ACL and a torn meniscus so right now I'm pretty much in FML mode...

I have the feeling that I am going to end up with a stupidly massive upperbody over the next 12 months, you know given that I wont be able to do anything using my legs for basically 9 months...

Once again... FML!
        That blows dude. I've never had an injury like that. I'm sure even training the upper body will be rough for a while too. I don't think we realize how much our legs are involved in many of the lifts we do until something like that happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
          So the twisted knee I mentioned a few pages back is actually a completely ruptured ACL and a torn meniscus so right now I'm pretty much in FML mode...

Once again... FML!
          Sad to hear.

Are you going for surgery?

Comment

• Sad to hear.

Are you going for surgery?
            Yeah will be as soon as possible. Got a week in Bali from the 21st so will party hard on that and then buckle down to get back to it. Hoping to make it back in time to play at the Football World Championships next year so at least have something to strive towards and keep my focus.

Total Wes Welker type injury only at training. No contact or anything just went to change direction as I have done thousands of times and just bam.

I don't think we realize how much our legs are involved in many of the lifts we do until something like that happens.
            Basically will be totally stuck in seated and lying positions as no weight bearing exercises...

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• What do you guys think about the 3-day rotation that I'm using?

Cardio - Shoulders - Legs - Abs/Sides
              Cardio - Chest - Triceps - Abs/Sides
              Cardio - Back - Biceps/Forearms - Abs/Sides

All in that order.

Comment

• Assuming a rest day after the third, looks fine but that's contingent on the lifts involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                  Assuming a rest day after the third, looks fine but that's contingent on the lifts involved.
                  Yes, I use a rest day. I try to do 2 rotations per week, but my schedule doesn't always allow it.

On some days, I have to compensate with a Calisthenics exercise instead of weights.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                    What do you guys think about the 3-day rotation that I'm using?

Cardio - Shoulders - Legs - Abs/Sides
                    Cardio - Chest - Triceps - Abs/Sides
                    Cardio - Back - Biceps/Forearms - Abs/Sides

All in that order.

Not bad, anything your going for in particuliar?

Personally, I like to dedicate a day in particuliar for biceps/triceps/forearms, because after you do chest and back you've already used those muscles quite a bit, so I like to use a day just for all arms so you can dive right in when their fresh.

Then again it always depends on what your looking for.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      Not bad, anything your going for in particuliar?

Personally, I like to dedicate a day in particuliar for biceps/triceps/forearms, because after you do chest and back you've already used those muscles quite a bit, so I like to use a day just for all arms so you can dive right in when their fresh.

Then again it always depends on what your looking for.
                      I'd like to bulk up a bit and get a 6-pack by summer.

With how much I do cardio and abs/sides, I'd probably have a 6-pack by now, but my diet is holding me back. I go out to eat WAY too much.

Comment

With how much I do cardio and abs/sides, I'd probably have a 6-pack by now, but my diet is holding me back. I go out to eat WAY too much.
                        Yeah the two easiest ways to cut fat out, is eat out less often like 1-2 times a week. And replace your dairy products with fat free dairy. Like skim milk, fat free cheeses, and lean meat so less to no red meat.

Comment

If you really want to speed up the ab process, you could always do something at the end of every workout every day you go. Abs are something you can do 5 days a week without a problem, I usually do 4 but if I was wanting to really get where I wanted I'd do 5.

But if you want to bulk up eating alot shouldn't be all that bad, it might be alot of calories and junk food but if you work out heavy it'll still add mass. I'm just a slimmer dude so your frame may be different in which case you would have to eat healthier, but I'd just recommend trying to drink protein with your workout plan and eating diet.

I didn't start bulking up until I was drinking protein 3x a day. I bought this previously:

So you can get the proper protein 1st thing in the morning to break down quickly(whey), and the proper protein before bed(casein to break down slow), it really helps preserve muscle mass and makes bulking up alot easier, it's pretty cheap too. Combine that with one other serving of protein mid day before or after working out and it's going to make everything else alot easier.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                            Yeah the two easiest ways to cut fat out, is eat out less often like 1-2 times a week. And replace your dairy products with fat free dairy. Like skim milk, fat free cheeses, and lean meat so less to no red meat.
                            Reducing carbs from 4pm to bedtime worked for me, as well as fasted cardio in the morning.

Comment

• One of the starting football players at the university that I'm taking a few classes at challenged me to a 2 mile race in class a few weeks ago. We had the race yesterday and I beat him by about 6 minutes, and lapped him 4 times. Football players are, by and large in such god-awful shape. Being big is really overrated. A combination of strength, endurance, cardiovascular health, and flexibility is what people should strive for, not a six pack or a certain weight...that's my unwarranted opinion anyways

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• I need to work on my flexibility, I need to get some yoga in.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information