Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does everyone do there bench press? Whats the proper form? See I heard it was keep your elbows in, instead of flexing them out. The reason was when you push someone to you have your elbows out to the side, or do you keep them in and push someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
      How does everyone do there bench press? Whats the proper form? See I heard it was keep your elbows in, instead of flexing them out. The reason was when you push someone to you have your elbows out to the side, or do you keep them in and push someone.
      check out the article I posted for Malaka, the first one. I really try to follow that.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malaka View Post
        Because I definitely lack upper body strength, I need to work on it, how many should I try to do each day, or per set etc.
        I'm really not sure since it depends on the person. Go with 3 sets of 20/20/ Failure. Then try to do some chair pushups or elevated push ups.

Comment

• anyone care for a race to losing 10 pounds as it seems a lot of us are cutting........it is helpful in squeezing out a little extra cardio haha

Comment

• Has anyone here ever heard of Air Alert? My friend has been doing it and he says i has been working really well. I'm thinking about picking it up cuz I'll have a ******** of time to kill over the summer and will have nothing better to do

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
              anyone care for a race to losing 10 pounds as it seems a lot of us are cutting........it is helpful in squeezing out a little extra cardio haha
              Me losing ten pounds would make me 160 at 6 foot tall. I don't think I could either, especially gaining mass though lifting. I'll try though. How would we know no one is cheating? I'm probably the least likely here to lose 10 pounds so I'll be completely honest.

Height: 6'0
              Weight: 170
              Body Fat %: 16.8, one week ago

Comment

anyone care for a race to losing 10 pounds as it seems a lot of us are cutting........it is helpful in squeezing out a little extra cardio haha
                I've been trying to lose 5 lbs for months. Aint happening.

Comment

• I've lost 8 pounds in the past 2 weeks, but it will probably get a lot tougher now that I'm in the mid 150's.

Comment

• Today I did:

Biceps
                    Pullups (underhand) - 1 set of 10, 2 sets of 8
                    Preacher curls - 45 x 10, 55 x 8, 65 x 6
                    Hammer curls - 35 x 10, 40 x 8
                    Incline curls - 20 x 10, 20 x 10

Triceps
                    Close grip benchpress - 135 x 10, 155 x 8, 175 x 6, 185 x 4
                    Skullcrushers (dumbbell) - 50 x 10, 60 x 8, 70 x 5
                    Dips - 3 sets of 10
                    Cable pulldowns - 120 x 10, 140 x 8

I also played with the wrist roller and destroyed my forearms in between workouts. I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Comment

• Where do you guys go to measure your body fat?

Comment

• bout to go hit the field for my ghetto workout:

10 Forty yard sprints with a chute
                        There's a pretty steep hill that's about a 15 yard ruck, that i'll run about 20 times.
                        Some push-ups and sit-ups/crunches

and to top it off i'm going to push this god-awful tire around the field for about 100-150 yds.

RIP ST

Comment

I can lose 10 lbs in a weekend if I have to. It's not in a healthy or long lasting way but it can be done

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                            I can lose 10 lbs in a weekend if I have to. It's not in a healthy or long lasting way but it can be done
                            could you do it in 24hrs without having to go to a hospital?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              could you do it in 24hrs without having to go to a hospital?
                              That sounds impossible, have you or someone you know done it? That'd be incredible.

Comment

• its possible. I used to box and are good friends with tons of really good boxers. You can cut that in water weight. Its really stupid tho and the weight comes right back on anyway.

Maybe the caveat should be that your max bench cant go down or something.

And we can just make it an honor system. Its not that big of a deal really.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information