Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pull ups, dips and all that stuff are great, do you they're not going to help you out like squats, dead lifts and such. Those guys are naturally jacked, there not skinny guys trying to put on mass.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
      Pull ups, dips and all that stuff are great, do you they're not going to help you out like squats, dead lifts and such. Those guys are naturally jacked, there not skinny guys trying to put on mass.
      those guys obviously lift or used to lift heavy.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
        those guys obviously lift or used to lift heavy.
        The one dude that was big and not really cut up looked like he did roids at one point too, but damn, some of those guys could be pro gymnasts :|

Comment

• Anyone have experience w/ complex training?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
            Anyone have experience w/ complex training?
            Rob does.

I tried it ohh man does it kick your ass. Half way through you can't hold the damn bar. I did it with 70lbs, since i never do good mornings. Oh man mid way between the 4th rep after cleans i wanted to drop the bar.

I did the dumbell ones that one is hard to keep your balance in something like good morning if you never done it. I used 25 to start, and usually could do like 3-4 good mornings. So after 2-3 days using 25s, i went to 20 to see how it was it wasn't enough weight. Cause usually after the 1st run through, i'm huffing and feel sweat coming out of every pore.

Comment

• I do complexes one my cardio days. Every third day. I've become a big fan of the cosgrove complex. It kicks my ass every time. I've done 85, can't do 95.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqKysjhHopA

that is some interesting exercises that Polamulu does, i have seen a lot of people disagree w/ it. How do you all feel about it?

Comment

• I messed up my knee playing soccer so I'm gonna be out of commission for a while. Let this be a lesson kids: dont try and blast a 30 yd. free kick without adequate stretching....both your quad and knee will get destroyed.

Comment

• I partially tore my MCL on Friday night playing drunk football in the rain. Didn't hurt that bad when it happened, but when I woke up the next morning, I almost threw up because the pain was so bad.
                    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqKysjhHopA

that is some interesting exercises that Polamulu does, i have seen a lot of people disagree w/ it. How do you all feel about it?

ehh it clearly didn't work for him since he got injured that season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                        I messed up my knee playing soccer so I'm gonna be out of commission for a while. Let this be a lesson kids: dont try and blast a 30 yd. free kick without adequate stretching....both your quad and knee will get destroyed.
                        Or just don't play soccer. ;)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                          Or just don't play soccer. ;)
                          I was actually reffing the games and just messing around inbetween. I am not going to stop reffing any time soon bc I make 14 bucks an hour haha.

Comment

• I finally cracked the 200 lb club with a 205 max on my bench. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                              I finally cracked the 200 lb club with a 205 max on my bench. :)
                              Congrats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                                I finally cracked the 200 lb club with a 205 max on my bench. :)
                                Good stuff man! Time to get to the 225 lb. club!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information