Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight-Lifting Thread (General Fitness Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxed 225 on bench yesterday :)

Comment

• That is good BigJohn, what is your size?

Comment

• 6'1 162 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
          6'1 162 lbs
          Thats pretty good. It's a lot easier for short guys like me to put up heavy weights.
          Peyton Manning Fanboy
          Originally posted by Complex
          They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhVSo6de6q0

thoughts on this guy claiming sqauts are the worst exercise for lower body? I think this sounds like BS

Comment

• I think it depends in how you do them. If you squat too low, you can really **** your knees up with all the pressure. That's why I struggled so much on squats.

Comment

• yeah but w/ proper form you should be fine. Power is strength X speed and you will get a lot stronger through Squats

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhVSo6de6q0

thoughts on this guy claiming sqauts are the worst exercise for lower body? I think this sounds like BS
                  I think people are more likely to wreck their back with deadlifts because of improper form.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                    I think it depends in how you do them. If you squat too low, you can really **** your knees up with all the pressure. That's why I struggled so much on squats.
                    actually its if you are not going low enough, if you stop above 90 you are putting all the pressure on your knees instead of waist. If you stop at 90 you knees are the weakest at a 90 degree angle. If you go past that, then all the weight shifts to your waist. Also when coming up people sometimes shake their knees in and out.

Also most people don't know how to squat, they have their knees go over the toes more times then not. Also you knees should line up with you feet.

Comment

• The half squat is actually more likely to do damage to the knees than the full squat. Hes just a guy trying to get some exposure and is a joke. If this guy has a degree he needs to return it. Be hard to find any good S/C coach not advocating squats in some form
                      Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• i broke my thumb now i cant do anything :(

Comment

• Check this out.

I've been back in the gym. I usually go 6'1" 195. As of last week I was 196ish.

I eat an outstanding amount, but I always have.

The past few days I have been munching, hard, but nothing too extraordinary.

I'm 208 pounds! I was 202 as of yesterday morning. So even saying I'm less than 208, say 204, wtf!

Not really sure what's going on.
                          Virginia Tech.
                          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                            Check this out.

I've been back in the gym. I usually go 6'1" 195. As of last week I was 196ish.

I eat an outstanding amount, but I always have.

The past few days I have been munching, hard, but nothing too extraordinary.

I'm 208 pounds! I was 202 as of yesterday morning. So even saying I'm less than 208, say 204, wtf!

Not really sure what's going on.
                            I used to sway anywhere from 5-10 pounds every week depending on the amount of food/cardio i took part in that week. I'm kind of locked in between 185-190 now but I swayed alot moreso when I was first starting at the gym. 13 is a little extreme though, maybe you're scale is a little tweaked.

stephenson86

Comment

• that has to be a flucuation in water weight

Comment

• Injured knee playing soccer AGAIN! ****!

Just call me Arjen Robben.
                                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information