Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Poker Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    And they only paid 8th place $120? Or was it $180 for 8th, and you made $120 profit? That sounds like a pretty weak payout if it's only $120 total.
    10-9 made their buy in back

    8-6 made 120

    5 made 180

    4 made 300

    3 made 450

    2 made 600

    1 made 850

    Small time weekly tournament

    Comment


    • Not a bad layout, I guess. To me, getting your money back is just ridiculous. No one wants to sit there for hours only to make a net of $0. Pay 5th-8th more money and up the amount. I hate when they try to let as many people as possible cash...



      I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        Not a bad layout, I guess. To me, getting your money back is just ridiculous. No one wants to sit there for hours only to make a net of $0. Pay 5th-8th more money and up the amount. I hate when they try to let as many people as possible cash...
        I agree in some tournaments it just isnt necessary to pay the whole final table.
        Originally posted by nvot9
        I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

        Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
        Indianapolis Colts 13-3
        Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
        Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
        Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

        Comment


        • For multitable tournaments, I believe you should generally pay the top 10%. In my home game tournaments, we have 3 tables (27), and we pay the top 4. However, the top 2 spots get 75% of the prize pool. Obviously, that should be a little less as more people are paid.



          I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

          Comment


          • Friday me and my boy went to the Taj. We played 1-2 from 9-midnight. Then at midnight we played the midnight tournament. We started with 12,000 chips after the first break I was down to 9,000 pretty much because of the blinds going up every 12 minutes. But the good thing about the midnight tournament their are no antes. But anyways after the break the blinds are 300-600 and im the big blind. I look down at 4-5 off. There are 3 callers the flop comes 4-5-8 with 2 clubs. With 1800 in the pot and being first to act with 2 pair I immediately push. The next guy calls me right away and the other guy folds. He turns over A-9 of clubs. The turn is a 8. So now I only have 5's and 8's. The river is an ACE... He counterfeited me I was so sick. No club, but a terrible counterfeit.
            Originally posted by nvot9
            I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

            Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
            Indianapolis Colts 13-3
            Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
            Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
            Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

            Comment


            • WSOP is well underway. 55 events or so this year. Helmouth has already won his 11th bracelet. Looks like Michael Binger (3rd place in the 2006 ME) has been doing very well, cashing in 5 of 9 events with 3 final tables. Fields are not as big as last year, but they're still getting 2500+ for most NLHE events.



              I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

              Comment


              • Hellmuth is legit.
                CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


                Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

                Comment


                • Very astute observation. His record 59 WSOP cashes and 11 bracelets are also evidence to that effect.



                  I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                  Comment


                  • he is full of himself though. I don't blame him, he gets some bad beats often.
                    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


                    Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

                    Comment


                    • In terms of televised hands, Helmouth rarely makes bad mistakes and usually has his money in with the best of it. He is a very shrewd and smart player. Yes, he is a bit of a brat, but he is an excellent and consistent player.



                      I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                      Comment


                      • I forgot that we have this thread but I am glad someone beat me to the punch in posting that Phil Hellmuth Jr has won his record 11th bracelet. This now places him alone at the top of the poker mountain as the person with the most bracelets. Also Allen Cunningham, a personal favorite of mine, has won his 5th bracelet in this year's World Series.

                        Magical sig by OSUGiants

                        SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                        Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                        So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                          I forgot that we have this thread but I am glad someone beat me to the punch in posting that Phil Hellmuth Jr has won his record 11th bracelet. This now places him alone at the top of the poker mountain as the person with the most bracelets. Also Allen Cunningham, a personal favorite of mine, has won his 5th bracelet in this year's World Series.
                          My best friend flew out to play in the event that Hellmuth won. Heres how he went out. They started out with 3000 chips btw. Blinds were 200-400 and a guy went all in first to act with 5500. My friend is 5th to act he has KK and pushes all in. They both have the same amount of chips. No one else is in the hand. The other guy flips over A 4 off suit. What a terrible play first to act. The flop comes 10 high. The turn is a 4. The river is a 4. Thats such a bad suck out.
                          Originally posted by nvot9
                          I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

                          Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                          Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                          Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                          Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                          Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

                          Comment


                          • I hate Hellmuth. He's one of, not the best but damnit I him and his ego.

                            Comment


                            • Guys, is it possible to set up an online game between NFLDC users?
                              Last edited by MaxV; 06-15-2007, 02:03 PM.

                              Comment


                              • I think there is some way on Pokerstars.net

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information