The Official Poker Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    Long heads up sessions can be killers. You need quality aggression to make those things happen. Well done. What kind of dough did you win?

hah, $30. it's a simple $5 buy in. we do it to be social and have a few beers. if we played for high stakes, nobody would play.

Comment

• Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
      But for someone to say Phil Ivey is the best cash game player of all time obviously doesnt know what their talking about.
      Ivey is a great poker player and is highly regarded in every circle of poker. However, he needs to continue his work for another 40 years or so to get close to Chip Reese.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        Ivey is a great poker player and is highly regarded in every circle of poker. However, he needs to continue his work for another 40 years or so to get close to Chip Reese.
        I agree 100%
        Originally posted by nvot9
        I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
        Indianapolis Colts 13-3
        Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
        Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
        Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

• That hottie Beth Shak came out 2nd.

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/results/7251

Comment

• This is my favorite game. H.O.R.S.E.

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/chip_counts/7262

Mostly because its filled with people I actually know.

Comment

• Well its well into the second day of the H.O.R.S.E. event and the action as well as the notable names sent to the rail are growing. My boy Allen Cunningham is top 5 in chips so far:

http://www.bluffmagazine.com/tournam...pType=3&dayof=

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• My boy Negreanu is in good position.

This will be a kick ass final table.

Nice to see Amarillo Slim back at a final table.

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/chip_counts/7264
                Last edited by Acreboy; 06-26-2007, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Negreanu took a loss and now Allen is 2nd place in chips. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                  Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

• Man Negreanu was up to 1.2 million in chips and is now down to under 120 thousand.

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournament...7262?day=11365

IDK if that link is up to date because it conflicts with the current chip counts.

If this is correct i'm pulling for Barry Greenstein.

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournament...2?viewall=true

Comment

• Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                      Man Negreanu was up to 1.2 million in chips and is now down to under 120 thousand.

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournament...7262?day=11365

IDK if that link is up to date because it conflicts with the current chip counts.

If this is correct i'm pulling for Barry Greenstein.

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournament...2?viewall=true
                      With so many big names gone from the H.O.R.S.E. event: Chip Reese, Phil Ivey, Allen Cunningham, Phil Hellmuth Jr, etc, its hard to believe that Mike "the Mouth" Matusow is still in the running for the bracelet. He is my sentimental pick, but now I'm rooting for Gabe Kaplan.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• I had three bad plays a couple of days ago playing real money Full Tilt poker. I had poket Kings and this guy raised like$10 on the flop only on a draw. I then got a straight of 9,10,j,q, k and called his $20. Only to find out he had Ace, King so his straight barely beat mine. If it wasnt for the queen on the river I would have won

Another time I was running low on chips and went all in with pocket queens and only to be called by someone with pocket aces. There was only 4 other people at my table so whats the odds of that happening? He destroyed me by getting another Ace on the river.

Another bad time was I was big blind with 7,2 off suit and 2 other 7's come up on the board. I got happy and started betting a lot and two other people kept calling. One of the two had the other 7 and beat me with a higher kicker.
                        Last edited by jayceheathman; 06-27-2007, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                          I had three bad plays a couple of days ago playing real money Full Tilt poker. I had poket Kings and this guy raised like$10 on the flop only on a draw. I then got a straight of 9,10,j,q, k and called his $20. Only to find out he had Ace, King so his straight barely beat mine. If it wasnt for the queen on the river I would have one.

Another time I was running low on chips and went all in with pocket queens and only to be called by someone with pocket aces. There was only 4 other people at my table so whats the odds of that happening? He destroyed me by getting another Ace on the river.

Another bad time was I was big blind with 7,2 off suit and 2 other 7's come up on the board. I got happy and started betting a lot and two other people kept calling. One of the two had the other 7 and beat me with a higher kicker.
                          That's Poker! :D

First of all on the first occasion, that will happen unless you can either bet him off the draw or read the board and place him on a straight or a big draw so muck your hand before you lose a ton of money.

Second occasion, hell that's Poker and nothing you can do about it. You played the hand right but got beat.

Third occasion, you were playing 2,7 offsuit and betting trips and people are calling you got to figure one of them has the other seven and obviously is going to out kick you.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• New chip counts

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/chip_counts/7262

Comment

• Its getting close to the finish, I'm shocked that Matusow did as well as he did. I know he can be a good player but still I'm shocked. I'm still backing Gabe Kaplan but watch out for Barry Greenstein.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                                Its getting close to the finish, I'm shocked that Matusow did as well as he did. I know he can be a good player but still I'm shocked. I'm still backing Gabe Kaplan but watch out for Barry Greenstein.
                                Who is my pick :D

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information