The Official Poker Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
    Either you have terrible instincts and the ability to read hands or the Poker Gods hate you. Either way stay away from the game and make peace with the Gods quickly.
    I always hated the saying poker gods.

I guess its because i'm catholic.

Comment

Either you have terrible instincts and the ability to read hands or the Poker Gods hate you. Either way stay away from the game and make peace with the Gods quickly.
      Its a little harder to read players since its online but maybe I should fold everytime I have a pocket pair. Everytime I had pocket aces, pocket kings, or pocket queens I lost and it was usually because someone decided to call $15 with one card left on a draw and they usually got it. Either these people that are at the table have a ton of money and dont care if they lose $15 or they are incredibly lucky. I can see the guy raising when I had an ace high flush and he had a full house but all the other calls were with nothing. The guy that beat me with a full boat had 4 other full houses in the next 2 hours of playing. He even said that I was the second person he beat in 30 minutes that had an ace high flush. Maybe I will just stick to playing in person and not online.

Comment

• Tran out, 4 left.

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/chip_counts/7262

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
          I have lost like $200 in 3 days. I am going to stop forever. I just lost the last of my money by going all in with pocket fives. Someone calls me with 7,8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant stand these people. He then pulls a straight out of his ass. Oh, I also got another 5 on the flop.
          Dude, you're running bad and playing bad. Take the weekend off and just relax. Don't think about poker. When you get back to it, play slower. Not necessarily your style, just how you think. Pocket 5's is a good hand, but going all in? Come on! Probably best case, you're in a coin flip for all of your money. Worst case, you're a 4:1 dog. You're getting unlucky and also playing too aggressively and not thinking enough about the holdings of other people. You have to slow down in terms of your thinking/aggressiveness and think things out better.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Looks like Deeb gets the bracelet.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
              Looks like Deeb gets the bracelet.
              Nice another "well known" pro won.

Hellmuth is at another final table.

Thus is probably his best WSOP Has he cashed more before?

http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/chip_counts/7268
              Last edited by Acreboy; 06-29-2007, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                Dude, you're running bad and playing bad. Take the weekend off and just relax. Don't think about poker. When you get back to it, play slower. Not necessarily your style, just how you think. Pocket 5's is a good hand, but going all in? Come on! Probably best case, you're in a coin flip for all of your money. Worst case, you're a 4:1 dog. You're getting unlucky and also playing too aggressively and not thinking enough about the holdings of other people. You have to slow down in terms of your thinking/aggressiveness and think things out better.
                I know, I tried doing that and playing a lot slower but I couldnt buy a hand. I was gradually losing my money from all the blinds and everytime I tried to bluff and steal the blinds someone would raise me and force me to fold. I started with $100 and when I got pocket 5's and went all in I only had $5 left. I dont know if this is deja vu but I noticed that every time I was big blind and had a crappy hand someone would raise before the flop. All I want to do is see the flop with my crappy hand but no one would let me. They would rarely raise before the flop too but when they did I was usually small or big blind.
                The thing that is keeping me happy is that I wasnt one of the thousands of people that lost $10,000 by entering the WSOP. At least I only lost $200. I guess thinking of other people's misfortune is making me happy. lol
                Last edited by jayceheathman; 06-29-2007, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• I'm hating poker right now.

I play on pokerstars.net (fake money) because i'm only 20. and i've lost over 400k in 3 days. I mean I raise 5k and 6 people call. I have 2-2 and make a set on the river only to get beaten by a flush. The guy had Q-6, WTF?

Just a bunch of bad beats but I never put my money in with the worst hand that's whats pissing me off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                    I'm hating poker right now.

I play on pokerstars.net (fake money) because i'm only 20. and i've lost over 400k in 3 days. I mean I raise 5k and 6 people call. I have 2-2 and make a set on the river only to get beaten by a flush. The guy had Q-6, WTF?

Just a bunch of bad beats but I never put my money in with the worst hand that's whats pissing me off.
                    Ahhh.......internet poker. In fact I may jump on pokerstars right now.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Just had K-8 and flopped 2 pair someone made a better 2 pair with A-8.

it never ends.

Comment

Just had K-8 and flopped 2 pair someone made a better 2 pair with A-8.

it never ends.
                        You got to know when to hold em, know when fold em, know when to walk away, and know how to run........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

You got to know when to hold em, know when fold em, know when to walk away, and know how to run........
                          Thanks you!

Comment

• Just won back a little over 200k. Feeling good so far.

Comment

Just won back a little over 200k. Feeling good so far.
                              Do you play on tables or in the sit-n-goes?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                                I have lost like $200 in 3 days. I am going to stop forever. I just lost the last of my money by going all in with pocket fives. Someone calls me with 7,8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant stand these people. He then pulls a straight out of his ass. Oh, I also got another 5 on the flop.
                                Why would you go all-in preflop with 55?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information