Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Poker Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    If they're feeding you and giving drinks, I guess that's acceptable. I still think it's a pretty heavy rake, though. I prefer the rake to be less than 20%. The more money in the prize pool, the better.
    Its real good food though. I don't think they are really making all that much. There were 6 foot italian subs, trays of hot food. And two hot eastern european foreign girls serving it to us. Obviously purchased from some nice Italian deli.

    Comment


    • #17
      If you enjoy yourself and consider it worth it, by all means keep going.



      I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        If you enjoy yourself and consider it worth it, by all means keep going.
        Most likely on a Friday night you are going to spend way more than a 100 bucks if you go out drinking. So I think its worth it if you can eat, drink, and play cards and have a chance of walking out of the place with more money in your pocket then you walked in with.
        Originally posted by nvot9
        I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

        Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
        Indianapolis Colts 13-3
        Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
        Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
        Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
          Most likely on a Friday night you are going to spend way more than a 100 bucks if you go out drinking. So I think its worth it if you can eat, drink, and play cards and have a chance of walking out of the place with more money in your pocket then you walked in with.
          That exactly the way I feel. I get a great meal, all the wine and beer I can drink if I choose, and get to play cards for hours. I got 4th last time and it went from 7pm to 2:30 am. Even if I hadn't won it would have been worth it. Althought I almost chose not to go back because chances are I probably won't be finishing in the top 5 again.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            That exactly the way I feel. I get a great meal, all the wine and beer I can drink if I choose, and get to play cards for hours. I got 4th last time and it went from 7pm to 2:30 am. Even if I hadn't won it would have been worth it. Althought I almost chose not to go back because chances are I probably won't be finishing in the top 5 again.
            Just get your moneys worth from eatin and drinkin.
            Originally posted by nvot9
            I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

            Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
            Indianapolis Colts 13-3
            Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
            Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
            Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by moc182 View Post
              I was passing by the neighborhood Hot Topic the other day, not sure if you midwesterners have experienced the wonder of Hot Topic, but if you're a 14 year old kid looking to perfect the goth/emo look on a weeks allowance, it's the place to be. But in any event they had a hilarious shirt that read "Liquor in the front, poker in the rear". I think I know what to get you for Christmas.
              If you ever compare me to the worthless upper-class suburban emo bitches again I will stalk you down and drink your blood. Mark my words.



              "Foreigner? I could barely fit three in her!!!"


              Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

              Comment


              • #22
                Good logic on the cost. I'm just looking at it from a potential winnings/buy in situation. I'd rather buy my own food, not have the option of drinking, and get more equity in the payouts.



                I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                Comment


                • #23
                  poker is pretty cool

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                    Good logic on the cost. I'm just looking at it from a potential winnings/buy in situation. I'd rather buy my own food, not have the option of drinking, and get more equity in the payouts.
                    I hear that to. But that only works out if you place in the money.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                      poker is pretty cool
                      You are a genius
                      Last edited by bsaza2358; 03-07-2007, 10:14 AM.



                      I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                        poker is pretty cool
                        It seems shallow minded to assume that just because 9 guys sit and gaze into each others' eyes for hours at a time that they are cool.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Haha! Score 1 for duck! Hoowah!

                          I do agree that poker is cool, though.



                          I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                            poker is pretty cool
                            understatement of the year.

                            Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                            It seems shallow minded to assume that just because 9 guys sit and gaze into each others' eyes for hours at a time that they are cool.
                            No one does it better than the guy in my signature.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              nm...........

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Ivy is good, but people seem to think he's some sort of god. He's not a mind-reader, and he does lose sometimes. Others have more bracelets and win more money. You just have to say there are a ton of good players out there, and Ivy is one of them...



                                I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information