The Official Poker Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
    Me too. Very few mention him in the "best poker player" discussions, but more often then not he is still playing when other great players are heading for the exits.
    I hear his poker books are excellent.

Comment

Me too. Very few mention him in the "best poker player" discussions, but more often then not he is still playing when other great players are heading for the exits.
      I agree 100% he is in my opinion the best holdem tournament player in the world.
      Originally posted by nvot9
      I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
      Indianapolis Colts 13-3
      Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
      Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
      Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I am just finishing Harrington III right now. His books have made my game infinitely better.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
          I agree 100% he is in my opinion the best holdem tournament player in the world.
          Right now, I would agree. He had an off year last year.

Look for Ivey to climb back in it as well as Negreanu and Cunningham again.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
            Right now, I would agree. He had an off year last year.

Look for Ivey to climb back in it as well as Negreanu and Cunningham again.
            I cant stand Negreanu, but Ivey is always one of the top players.
            I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
            Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
            Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Negreneu had a fantastic WSOP in 2006. He was way up. Cunningham was player of the year. Ivey was a little off this year, but he is a winning player, point blank.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Say what you want about Negreneu, but he always brings the goods. His poker mind is fantastic. You don't have to like him, but you have to respect his skills and winning.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                  Say what you want about Negreneu, but he always brings the goods. His poker mind is fantastic. You don't have to like him, but you have to respect his skills and winning.
                  Ivey is who I would like to focus my kind of game around but Negreanu is awesome to watch. I haven't seen a mind like his since Stu Unger and thats saying a lot...

Comment

Unger OD'ed right?

Comment

Unger OD'ed right?
                      Yeah, it was a huge shame.

After all he won he died with $800 to his name.

His daughter never new that Stu played every tourney with a pic of her at the table.

Comment

Unger was a poker tragedy, but addictive personalities and genius often get attracted to the wrong things. Dude won millions in poker and gave it all away with drugs...

Comment

There is a movie about him it always comes on HBO called the Stu Ungar story. The guy from the Sopranos plays him in it. I have every WSOP ever on dvd so ive watched him play a ton of times.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                          Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                          Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I mean in 97 he was broke, a friend loaned him 10K to enter the ME and he blew everyone away to win his 3rd ME. That will never be done again.

The only one's who could tie Unger would be Chan and Doyle I believe.

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
                            There is a movie about him it always comes on HBO called the Stu Ungar story. The guy from the Sopranos plays him in it. I have every WSOP ever on dvd so ive watched him play a ton of times.
                            Where can I get that DVD?

Comment

Unger won the ME 3 times, but he did it in fields of 300 or less. Chan and Doyle did the same. With the large fields out there now, it is virtually impossible to win back to back.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                                I mean in 97 he was broke, a friend loaned him 10K to enter the ME and he blew everyone away to win his 3rd ME. That will never be done again.

The only one's who could tie Unger would be Chan and Doyle I believe.

Where can I get that DVD?
                                I rented it from Blockbuster when it first came out, I'm not sure if they would still have it to rent. It's a great movie, Michael Imperioli was the absolute perfect cast job.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information