The Official Poker Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    I finished 171 out of 530 (give or take) at the WSOP Circuit. I didn't see any top top pros, but it was easy to tell who the good players were. I was pretty sure I wasn't giving off many tells, and I was doing my best to stay very consistent. I got outflopped a lot, but I made some good laydowns. Doubled up very early when I flopped 2 pair with Q-J against a guy who had A-Q (he pushed, and I had to call). Made some good plays, but the blinds caught up to me. I lasted 7 hours with a $4000 starting chip stack. Busted when I tried to steal with A-9 and was pot committed against a big stack with A-K...
    Damn sucks to lose with AK, good job tho

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

Saturday at 2, I played in the Showboat tournament. $65 buy-in (they're raising it to $100 on weekends starting next week), $10k in starting chips. I took a few little hits early, but built a decent stack by playing the odds and attacking the weak players (and there were a lot of them). I had about $20k in chips and picked up A-A and busted a short stack riding A-9 and a medium stack who tried to isolate with Q's. That gave me a nice big stack of around $35k. I also busted a few more small stacks with K's and J-10 (pot odds). Made it down to the final 2 tables and went completely card dead. Tried to stay patient, but the donks were calling blind steals with crap and catching. Ended up finishing in 11th when I called down the megastack's all in with 8's. He had Aces, and I was done. Finished just out of the money...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
        Damn sucks to lose with AK, good job tho
        I lost with A-9 against A-K.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Sunday at 11, I played in the $100 buy-in daily tournament. Played well again, but lost all of my races. Lost to pocket 9's against A-K 3 times. When I finally built up a decent stack (caught a card with K-Q against A-J), I picked up Q's and was reraised all in by a medium stack. I called, and her K-Q outdrew me. Made it to the final 4 tables, but finished 33rd out of 91. I had $15k in chips (average stack around $20k). Picked up A-K in the big blind against 4 limpers. I went all in, hoping to steal the pot. A guy with $25,000 in chips limped in middle position, then called my all in for 60% of his stack with 2 bigger stacks behind him. He flopped a boat, and I was done...

Comment

I never made it to my tournament on Friday night. Ended up having to go to a close friend of the families mother's wake.

Then my buddy was supposed to get a free suite at the trop tonight, but couldn't get it last minute. So I'm going through a bit of withdrawal.

Comment

Jug, if you're willing to sit through a timeshare presentation, I can probably get you 2 nights free at the Fairfield Resort over by the Taj.

Comment

I lost with A-9 against A-K.
                OHHHH, sorry.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

Jug, if you're willing to sit through a timeshare presentation, I can probably get you 2 nights free at the Fairfield Resort over by the Taj.
                  Appreciate it, but not neccesary. My buddy should be able to get the free suite next Monday or Tuesday night or the week after. I believe he just contacted them too late. He got a call letting him know the Trop has a free suite for him any Monday or Tuesday night in March or April. We talked about going all last week but he didn't place the call to reserve it until last night and they didn't have one available.

Edit: This post just reminded me to call him. And yes in fact he has already booked the free suite for next Monday. But again I appreciate the offer.
                  Last edited by Jughead10; 03-12-2007, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Well, this is an anytime proposition. My gf and I just bought into the Fairfield in AC. We get money off our payments each time people go and listen to the presentation, so I'm being mildly greedy about it. haha. Anytime you want to go on your own, you can. PM me if you need the hookup.

That goes for everyone, of course. You have to be 21.

Comment

I've never played in a tournament in AC before. I would love to do it one of these days.

Comment

AC Tournaments are very difficult to do well in consistently. If you're not a strong player, you have to get very lucky. If you are a strong player, you have to be very careful when making bluffs and moves because you can often get called down. Of course, when you hit a monster or are on a draw, you can often get paid off nicely. If you can make strong reads and get away from hands, you can win consistently. Of course, you still need some luck...

Comment

AC Tournaments are very difficult to do well in consistently. If you're not a strong player, you have to get very lucky. If you are a strong player, you have to be very careful when making bluffs and moves because you can often get called down. Of course, when you hit a monster or are on a draw, you can often get paid off nicely. If you can make strong reads and get away from hands, you can win consistently. Of course, you still need some luck...
                          Most people get confused and think they can bluff amateurs. It's harder to bluff amateurs they need to find the strongest players and bluff them because they are more likely to lay down a big hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                            Most people get confused and think they can bluff amateurs. It's harder to bluff amateurs they need to find the strongest players and bluff them because they are more likely to lay down a big hand.
                            Agreed. I can be bluffed, but it's getting harder as my reading ability improves. The easiest players to bluff are the very new weak-tight players, then the above average players who are just improving to the point that they'll lay down a hand.

When I'm in AC in these lower limit tourneys, I play A-B-C poker. Sure, I'll raise with some junk, then value bet when I flop big, but you can't do advanced plays, like the squeeze against amateurs and idiots.

Comment

Bump out of spite.

Comment

Bump out of spite.
                                hehe

/10characters

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information