X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acreboy
    started a topic The Official Poker Thread

The Official Poker Thread

I have yet to find a place to discuss poker with anyone.

Hopefully we can discuss it here.

Here we can talk about the WSOP, WPT, PPT, and any other poker tourney's.

Share secrets, bad beats you got, bad beats you gave, home games, strategy's, etc.

Lets get this thing going.

• SuperMcGee
    replied
    My brother and I took the day off to take my dad to a poker tournament. He generally has very little idea what he's doing but of course he is killing it right now. I thought I could get a hold on his play but I'm down to pretty few blinds and he's probably a big reason for it. He's loving it, though.

Leave a comment:

• djp
    replied
    nvm figured it out
    Last edited by djp; 05-27-2009, 12:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• djp
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    I like it quite a bit. I wish they had better commentary on PAD, but again, that's why I prefer Kaplan and HSP.
    I enjoy the limited commentary.. gives you a better feel of how the players are going about themselves.. for example there was a hand Monday where Tiller bluffed Lederer and showed it, then he said something like "let me win this one and I'll win the next one" and Lederer folded and Tiller showed.

Then a couple nights later (I realize they just play it consecutively and the show is broken up into pieces), Tiller had a boat on the flop said the same thing during a hand with Elezra because he knew Elezra had heard him say his line earlier, but Elezra didn't bite and folded his hand after some major preflop raising going on.

Then they had like a 3-4 minute talk on why that should have worked etc etc

I just thought it was interesting.

Leave a comment:

• bsaza2358
    replied
    I like it quite a bit. I wish they had better commentary on PAD, but again, that's why I prefer Kaplan and HSP.

Leave a comment:

• djp
    replied
    This week is a cash game

Kaplan, Antonius, Lederer, Elezra, Brunson, and Tiller

Good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• MetSox17
    replied
    Yeah, i'm getting a little tired of the themes they try to do with their crappy 6-man tournament. Phil Ivey needs to play a lot more often. I'm tired of seeing Mike Matusow get pwned.

Leave a comment:

• Borat
    replied
    Cash games are much better for TV than tournaments. With tournaments, it's just "showdown" poker usually with just 2 players, one of them all-in. It becomes kind of lame at that point. Cash games have the huge advantage that you can really watch and study the way they play hands. It's just a much more pure form of poker and that translates much better to television.

Leave a comment:

• bsaza2358
    replied
    Yes, it was also widely watched and enjoyed by the masses. Stupid that they don't do it more often.

Leave a comment:

• MetSox17
    replied
    I agree that they should turn it into a cash game. They have pretty much every other concept of the cash game outside of straight blinds and winner take all.

There was a week where they did host a cash game, and all the top pros went to play. That was an awesome week.

Leave a comment:

• bsaza2358
    replied
    Speaking of which, new episodes of High Stakes are back 3/1. I'm pretty damn excited.

Leave a comment:

• bsaza2358
    replied
    If it's a high stakes game with top pros, it is usually interesting. I happen to think they should just make it a cash game and capitalize on that. High Stakes Poker is a vastly superior product to PAD, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• MetSox17
    replied
    Originally posted by djp View Post
    I'm watching this episode of PAD and Patrik Antonius is just a badass.

That is one guy who is not afraid to throw the chips around with any 2 cards
    I had all the episodes DVRd and i deleted them recently because i didn't think anyone interesting was playing.

Leave a comment:

• djp
    replied
    I'm watching this episode of PAD and Patrik Antonius is just a badass.

That is one guy who is not afraid to throw the chips around with any 2 cards

Leave a comment:

• bsaza2358
    replied
    I'm a low limit grinder. Trying to turn $100 into a real roll. Started off with $2 SNG's, and I'm up to $5 now. Also play some 5/10 cent NLHE (usually capped). I estimate I've missed out on $75-100 in rakeback over the last 4-5 months, even at those low stakes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information