Tour de France 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
    This year it is all about Cadel Evans. He is back to avenge last years narrow loss.
    Just because you come in second last year doesn't make you a winnah.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Odds of Lance winning? I mean, his track record's pretty solid (:D), but how do you expect him to fare?

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        Odds of Lance winning? I mean, his track record's pretty solid (:D), but how do you expect him to fare?
        top 10, astana is gonna try to push contador... i think.
        if lance plays fair, and helps contador. contador will win. if lance wants to win i don't think either will. lance will do what the schlecks did on CSC last year on alpe d'huez...

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
          top 10, astana is gonna try to push contador... i think.
          if lance plays fair, and helps contador. contador will win. if lance wants to win i don't think either will. lance will do what the schlecks did on CSC last year on alpe d'huez...
          Really, top ten? I mean it wouldn't surprise me, and I don't really know how he has trained (probably as hard as anyone else) and what type of shape his body is still in, but I'm thinking top 20 for sure, but top 10 overall is quite an accomplishment for someone who has been out as long as he has at his age. (Age isn't as much of a factor in cycling, i know, but still) For whatever reason I expect him in the 13-17 Range by the time Paris rolls around. I have one of those wierd feelings.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
            Really, top ten? I mean it wouldn't surprise me, and I don't really know how he has trained (probably as hard as anyone else) and what type of shape his body is still in, but I'm thinking top 20 for sure, but top 10 overall is quite an accomplishment for someone who has been out as long as he has at his age. (Age isn't as much of a factor in cycling, i know, but still) For whatever reason I expect him in the 13-17 Range by the time Paris rolls around. I have one of those wierd feelings.
            yah, i mean, i can as easily see him being top 10 as top 30...
            i mean, his form isn't bad by any stretch, it really will be an interesting story line driven tour.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tdf200...ory?id=4304237

PARIS -- France's sports minister says Lance Armstrong will be "particularly monitored" in anti-doping checks at the Tour de France this year.

Roselyne Bachelot, speaking in an interview on French cable TV on Friday, sent the warning to the seven-time Tour winner who has come out of retirement to race again in cycling's showcase.

"The [doping] controls will be multiplied, and I tell Lance Armstrong that he will be particularly, particularly, particularly monitored," Bachelot told i-Tele.

The American has denied having taken banned substances during his cycling career.

The head of France's anti-doping agency, which is working with cycling's governing body UCI on doping checks for the race, has said Armstrong will be treated like any other rider regarding drug testing.

The International Cycling Union, responding to the damage done to the sport by continual drug and cheating scandals, is planning more than 500 doping checks at this year's Tour.

"There needs to be a really very, very active fight against doping," Bachelot said. "The organizers know how much a positive doping test could have harmful effects."

The three-week race starts Saturday in Monaco.
              This is a change, uh, how?

Comment

I'm sick and tired of Armstrong. I hope he fails hard.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                  Haters gonna hate.

Comment

I'm just anti-astana.

I'd also like to kick stefan schumacher in the ass for being a ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      Haters gonna hate.
                      oh I loved watching Armstrong do his thing a few years ago. But I enjoyed seeing the new generation get some attention, and Armstrong takes everything away from him. What about Contador, who is also on Astana?

Also I think he's getting way too much attention, not taking anything away from his Tour victories.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                        I'm just anti-astana.

I'd also like to kick stefan schumacher in the ass for being a ******.
                        he was doped up too, right? I know that Kohl and Ricco both were.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

oh I loved watching Armstrong do his thing a few years ago. But I enjoyed seeing the new generation get some attention, and Armstrong takes everything away from him. What about Contador, who is also on Astana?

Also I think he's getting way too much attention, not taking anything away from his Tour victories.
                          quoted for truth

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                          - Corner or Wideout in the first
                          - No reaching
                          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

he was doped up too, right? I know that Kohl and Ricco both were.
                            most of gerolsteiner was.

lance = brett

Comment

Mark Cavendish.

Be prepared.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information