No announcement yet.

Tour de France 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lance is within one second of the yellow jersey!

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
      Lance is within one second of the yellow jersey!
      What a beast.

Comment

on a different note, I'm quite impressed with the non-Pro Tour Skil-Shimano team. Anyone else notice them.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

more bashing of lance.

"The Tour was a bit of a joke this year. I've got nothing against Sastre ... or Christian Vande Velde," he was quoted as saying shortly after the race last year. "Christian's a nice guy, but finishing fifth in the Tour de France? Come on!"

douche.

that said, tomorrow comes the real challenge... this is where the tour is won and lost... and since a minute separates the top from the bottom of the GC contenders... we'll see how lance's climbing ability and astana's star personalities hold up... i need to get home. whistler was the best mountain biking of my life.
          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
            more bashing of lance.

"The Tour was a bit of a joke this year. I've got nothing against Sastre ... or Christian Vande Velde," he was quoted as saying shortly after the race last year. "Christian's a nice guy, but finishing fifth in the Tour de France? Come on!"

douche.

that said, tomorrow comes the real challenge... this is where the tour is won and lost... and since a minute separates the top from the bottom of the GC contenders... we'll see how lance's climbing ability and astana's star personalities hold up... i need to get home. whistler was the best mountain biking of my life.
            Lance killed in the mountain stages during his run. A couple years off may have changed that, but the fact that he's so close to the lead shows that he's got some ability left in him.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
              Lance killed in the mountain stages during his run. A couple years off may have changed that, but the fact that he's so close to the lead shows that he's got some ability left in him.
              flats are not mountains.

a few HCs and we'll see who's team is gonna propel their GC competitor to the front... i don't think contador will go that easily.

Comment

flats are not mountains.

a few HCs and we'll see who's team is gonna propel their GC competitor to the front... i don't think contador will go that easily.
                Agreed, considering he is in 3rd. This may be like a few years back when Jan Ullrich and his one teammate (can't remember who it was) were both contending and it seemed like neither were going to back down. It hurt them in the end. I could see a similar thing happen here, as contador has been a favorite for a while, and Armstrong isn't just going to give up and assume the role as his guard unless he is out of it for sure. Tomorrow may be an indicator of how Armstong really is doing, though with only two major climbs, it may not be a huge factor. I have off tomorrow and instead of sleeping in, I'm waking up to catch the stage.
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Man Astana is boring but they are so strong. they are just dominating this stage.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                    Lance also has an incredible amount of mental and physical toughness. He won't go down without a fight. His body may be worn down but he has an uncanny ability to raise his cycling level when he needs to.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Cavendish again. beast.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Originally posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
                        Man Astana is boring but they are so strong. they are just dominating this stage.
                        Was that the Tourmelet?

If so i was sitting, watching that... and was like. seriously. no one's attacking? what kinda ******** is this. **** you stupid peleton. have you no balls? this is not the Grande Boucle, this is the ************* TdF.

but then again, if you didn't notice. Jens Voigt is... also a beast.

"Jens was a math prodigy in elementary school, putting “Attack!” in every blank space on all his tests. It would be the wrong answer for everybody else, but Jens is able to solve any problem by attacking."

Comment

it was arcalis.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Originally posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
                            it was arcalis.
                            astana boned that too?

hella lame. i haven't been able to watch anything. i've been in a work-void of like xmillion hours of interviews.

Comment

astana boned that too?

hella lame. i haven't been able to watch anything. i've been in a work-void of like xmillion hours of interviews.
                              at least they did until about 1.5 km from the end. Contador attacked it.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

well the time trial pretty much finished it. Contador pretty much showed he is miles ahead of everyone, also I do not know why everyone is picking on contador for being a bad teammate, tbh it is lance armstrong who's pulled the jerk moves so far

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                                - No reaching
                                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information