X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wootylicous
    started a topic Tour de France 2009

Tour de France 2009

Can't waittttttttttt. Lance Amstrong is back. Alberto Contador too. Cavendish is a boss. I'm so excited about this. 5 days away wooooooo. :D

• awfullyquiet
    replied
    Originally posted by trekindude View Post
    Wednesday was the best day of the Tour so far. Awesome all the way through. Who reckons Wiggins can pull those 11 seconds on Lance and claim a podium spot?
    I'd love it.

Will it happen? Probably not.

Leave a comment:

• wicket
    replied
    Originally posted by trekindude View Post
    Wednesday was the best day of the Tour so far. Awesome all the way through. Who reckons Wiggins can pull those 11 seconds on Lance and claim a podium spot?
    the ventoux is to steep, i think wiggins should worry more about kloden then about overtaking armstrong, it sort of depends on who wants to do stuff that day

Leave a comment:

• trekindude
    replied

Leave a comment:

• awfullyquiet
    replied
    really, the tour is contadors to lose.

ventoux will pretty much seal the deal (dur)

Leave a comment:

• wicket
    replied
    well the time trial pretty much finished it. Contador pretty much showed he is miles ahead of everyone, also I do not know why everyone is picking on contador for being a bad teammate, tbh it is lance armstrong who's pulled the jerk moves so far

Leave a comment:

• Wootylicous
    replied
    Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
    astana boned that too?

hella lame. i haven't been able to watch anything. i've been in a work-void of like xmillion hours of interviews.
    at least they did until about 1.5 km from the end. Contador attacked it.

Leave a comment:

• awfullyquiet
    replied
    Originally posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
    it was arcalis.
    astana boned that too?

hella lame. i haven't been able to watch anything. i've been in a work-void of like xmillion hours of interviews.

Leave a comment:

• Wootylicous
    replied
    it was arcalis.

Leave a comment:

• awfullyquiet
    replied
    Originally posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
    Man Astana is boring but they are so strong. they are just dominating this stage.
    Was that the Tourmelet?

If so i was sitting, watching that... and was like. seriously. no one's attacking? what kinda ******** is this. **** you stupid peleton. have you no balls? this is not the Grande Boucle, this is the ************* TdF.

but then again, if you didn't notice. Jens Voigt is... also a beast.

"Jens was a math prodigy in elementary school, putting “Attack!” in every blank space on all his tests. It would be the wrong answer for everybody else, but Jens is able to solve any problem by attacking."

Leave a comment:

• Wootylicous
    replied
    Cavendish again. beast.

Leave a comment:

• sweetness34
    replied
    Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
    Lance killed in the mountain stages during his run. A couple years off may have changed that, but the fact that he's so close to the lead shows that he's got some ability left in him.
    Lance also has an incredible amount of mental and physical toughness. He won't go down without a fight. His body may be worn down but he has an uncanny ability to raise his cycling level when he needs to.

Leave a comment:

• Wootylicous
    replied
    Man Astana is boring but they are so strong. they are just dominating this stage.

Leave a comment:

• eaglesalltheway
    replied
    Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
    flats are not mountains.

a few HCs and we'll see who's team is gonna propel their GC competitor to the front... i don't think contador will go that easily.
    Agreed, considering he is in 3rd. This may be like a few years back when Jan Ullrich and his one teammate (can't remember who it was) were both contending and it seemed like neither were going to back down. It hurt them in the end. I could see a similar thing happen here, as contador has been a favorite for a while, and Armstrong isn't just going to give up and assume the role as his guard unless he is out of it for sure. Tomorrow may be an indicator of how Armstong really is doing, though with only two major climbs, it may not be a huge factor. I have off tomorrow and instead of sleeping in, I'm waking up to catch the stage.

Leave a comment:

• awfullyquiet
    replied
    Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
    Lance killed in the mountain stages during his run. A couple years off may have changed that, but the fact that he's so close to the lead shows that he's got some ability left in him.
    flats are not mountains.

a few HCs and we'll see who's team is gonna propel their GC competitor to the front... i don't think contador will go that easily.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information