Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Musicians Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
    Your in. I got rhythm or vocals covered. We need moar people haha
    I also have some backing vocals.

    sig by fenikz
    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
    You are just a terrible person.
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    I have an iPhone.

    Comment


    • Nice, I have pretty ridiculous range so I can harmonize with people pretty easily.


      Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

      Comment


      • I'll play lead guitar, wif mah solozz

        too bad I can't play guitar

        by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

        Comment


        • I'm just starting to learn guitar. Any tips? Right now I'm just working on some basic chords (Em, D, E, G, A, C..)


          http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

          Comment


          • I just started playing guitar 6 months ago (ukulele for over 2 years). I've been playing my roommates Squier for the past 6 months and I want to buy my first guitar. I wanted a semi-hollow with a bigsby and a cutaway and I stumbled upon this...


            Epiphone Wildkat

            So what do you all think?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
              I'm just starting to learn guitar. Any tips? Right now I'm just working on some basic chords (Em, D, E, G, A, C..)
              Just put the time in. I'm still learning, but bar chords are the way to go in terms of learning scales and such. I was started with the G major and minor pentatonic and learned how to move around there. I'm not where I want to be, but I'll get there. Funny cause I always wanted to play bass, but started with guitar, so I'm going to master that before I jump onto yet another instrument.


              Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                I'm not a drummer, but i love all music, and i'm currently obsessed with the drumming in the A7X song "Nightmare". Found a bad ass cover.

                His ride sounds like ****.

                sig by fenikz
                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                You are just a terrible person.
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                I have an iPhone.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                  I'm just starting to learn guitar. Any tips? Right now I'm just working on some basic chords (Em, D, E, G, A, C..)
                  Just starting off, get comfortable with the basics. Major and minor chords, chord transitions. Major and minor scales and major pentatonic scales. There are endless scales and modes for guitar, those can come later if you want to get into all that. I kinda depends on what kind of music you want to play on guitar also.

                  I've been playing guitar for over 20 years so if you have any questions, feel free to fire away.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                    Just starting off, get comfortable with the basics. Major and minor chords, chord transitions. Major and minor scales and major pentatonic scales. There are endless scales and modes for guitar, those can come later if you want to get into all that. I kinda depends on what kind of music you want to play on guitar also.

                    I've been playing guitar for over 20 years so if you have any questions, feel free to fire away.
                    Where were you like two years ago when I picked up guitar?!?! haha


                    Originally posted by WMD
                    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                    Originally posted by gpngc
                    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                    Comment


                    • lol, well ill help in any way I can.

                      Comment


                      • Anyone interested should check out the Create-A-Concert competition in the fantasy section. Should be fun.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                        Comment


                        • Just recorded this cover of O.A.R.'s Hold on True with a friend. He's doing lead vocals, I'm doing everything else. Feedback?

                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS-hm...&feature=feedu

                          If you like it you can subscribe (or just like it) we'll probably post a few more this semester.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
                            Just recorded this cover of O.A.R.'s Hold on True with a friend. He's doing lead vocals, I'm doing everything else. Feedback?

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS-hm...&feature=feedu

                            If you like it you can subscribe (or just like it) we'll probably post a few more this semester.
                            Great job! What did you record it on?

                            If I had to nitpick, I think maybe in the overall mix the vocals need to come down a touch. And the backup vocals up a hair. Your friend did a good job singing what kind of effect is on his vocals? It sounds like a little slapback delay? Maybe if the mix was just a bit more wet with a straight up reverb it would have kinda hide those couple spots where his pitch has off slightly. Also I think he was singing to close to the mic, because on the parts where he's got to belt out the higher register stuff, sounds like you might be getting a couple level spikes there.

                            But thats all really nitpicking, you guys did a great job. Put up more songs and I'll listen.

                            Comment


                            • Sounds great man. Can't believe how far you've come along since I first commented on your first video that you posted here.

                              sig by fenikz
                              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                              You are just a terrible person.
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              I have an iPhone.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                                Just starting off, get comfortable with the basics. Major and minor chords, chord transitions. Major and minor scales and major pentatonic scales. There are endless scales and modes for guitar, those can come later if you want to get into all that. I kinda depends on what kind of music you want to play on guitar also.

                                I've been playing guitar for over 20 years so if you have any questions, feel free to fire away.
                                Yeah, I got my own acoustic for Xmas, right now still just working on chord changes, which are really tough at the moment.


                                http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information