Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Musicians Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I played the recorder in elementary school.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
      I played the recorder in elementary school.
      Me too I could play the titanic song on that *****


      Comment


      • #18
        I can't play any instruments. I would like to learn the harpsichord sometime, though.. I'd also like to learn the Sitar which I doubt will ever happen.

        Comment


        • #19
          check out some of the crap i've recorded through the years. Might be good for a laugh.

          http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=937610

          sig by BoneKrusher

          PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
            I can't play any instruments. I would like to learn the harpsichord sometime, though.. I'd also like to learn the Sitar which I doubt will ever happen.
            I tried the Sitar once. You have to understand though, if you want to learn to play it like it's supposed to, it's a monstrous commitment. Indian music theory is crazy.

            Originally posted by senormysterioso
            check out some of the crap i've recorded through the years. Might be good for a laugh.

            http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=937610
            This is pretty good, if a little by the numbers at times. I assume you're the one playing guitar and singing but how much of the recording and engineering of it did you handle? The sound of Santa Maria and Quicksand are pretty cool, although I wanted to see Santa Maria get way more ambitious.
            Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck; 07-05-2009, 03:44 AM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
              I tried the Sitar once. You have to understand though, if you want to learn to play it like it's supposed to, it's a monstrous commitment. Indian music theory is crazy.
              Yeah, that's why I said it'll probably never happen :(

              Comment


              • #22
                engineering is the defining point of recorded music. it sucks. to translate a live sound into a quality recorded sound requires so much patience.

                my last recorded bit took 5 months of production (on top of a work schedule) to get to sound right, and raw.

                that said. i prefer the stylings of keith moon to bonham
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

                United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

                Comment


                • #23
                  I did all the recording. I had a pro tools LE rig but I sold it a few years ago. I don't play as much as I used to. But I still work at a recording studio with a really great live room, pro tools hd, a yamaha board, nice mics, etc. I got an associates degree in recording and music technology actually.

                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                    I did all the recording. I had a pro tools LE rig but I sold it a few years ago. I don't play as much as I used to. But I still work at a recording studio with a really great live room, pro tools hd, a yamaha board, nice mics, etc. I got an associates degree in recording and music technology actually.
                    to be fair, i didn't listen.

                    i was just stating a fact.

                    nice mics = win.

                    when i recorded my last album, we went to chicago recording co, did all the tracking, and then went home and my brother plugged away at it for 5 months until he thought he had something good. the good news is is that we're both of version-control state of mind and that the way he set certain envelopes and adjusted the drumming tone and color in production (which FYI, is the most difficult part about recording), its mindboggling how it all gets done.

                    that and mastering is an artform too which i do not understand.
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

                    United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      i've played bass for several years, i use a Trace Elliott rig and a Peavey Ceres bass and currently work with a Classic Rock cover band called Under The Gun.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I've been slowly teaching myself how to play the Harmonica in hopes of starting a Blues Traveller cover band

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          One instrument I really would love to learn to play: the Bagpipe. I think that would be superb.

                          BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                            engineering is the defining point of recorded music. it sucks. to translate a live sound into a quality recorded sound requires so much patience.

                            my last recorded bit took 5 months of production (on top of a work schedule) to get to sound right, and raw.

                            that said. i prefer the stylings of keith moon to bonham
                            I don't think you ever sent me the tracks you promised, chief.


                            I also prefer Moon but they are both incredible. I want to learn to play drums because of players like that. Can anyone recommend a cheap drum set I could use to get started? That and a cheap(but decent) acoustic would be great. I figured I could score some decent deals on craigslist but I don't really know anything about acoustic guitars for whatever reason.

                            ^A Bonekrusher production^
                            #15
                            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              There isn't a whole lot to know. If you're just getting into guitar, track down a used one in decent shape. Make sure the frets aren't too marked up, that the neck hasn't warped, that the tuning mechanisms are still holding. If all those are fine and it sounds good to you (keep in mind, re-stringing would be a good idea), then go for it.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                                One instrument I really would love to learn to play: the Bagpipe. I think that would be superb.
                                I'm don't play instruments, but from what I've heard, the bagpipe is one of the most difficult unstruments to play, or at least play well anyway. Good luck to you with that, and if you ever do, that is a congradulations in advance.
                                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                                Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information