The Musicians Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
    I also prefer Moon but they are both incredible. I want to learn to play drums because of players like that. Can anyone recommend a cheap drum set I could use to get started?
    Yeah, they were both so great that you really can't go wrong with either one as your favorite.

And about a drum kit. If you've got a specialized store around you for just drums go check a place like that out. Here in Cashville we've got Fork's Drum Closet and they've got good stuff for all talent levels and price ranges. New or used. If you don't have a place like that, then check the classifieds and eBay and craigslist and all that jazz. I'm sure you'll stumble across something.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

I don't think you ever sent me the tracks you promised, chief.

I also prefer Moon but they are both incredible. I want to learn to play drums because of players like that. Can anyone recommend a cheap drum set I could use to get started? That and a cheap(but decent) acoustic would be great. I figured I could score some decent deals on craigslist but I don't really know anything about acoustic guitars for whatever reason.
      cb700 kit is decent and cheap enuff to see if you're gonna stick with them then you can always upgrade.

Comment

I just started playing guitar about 2 years ago. I have a epiphone sg and a cheap acoustic. On the acoustic the top string buzzes out when you hit it open. does anyone know how i can fix this?

On Andrew Luck
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by jsa230 View Post
          I just started playing guitar about 2 years ago. I have a epiphone sg and a cheap acoustic. On the acoustic the top string buzzes out when you hit it open. does anyone know how i can fix this?
          you could go to just a tad bigger guage string, should fix it for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by jsa230 View Post
            There is a truss rod running through the neck of your guitar, it is there to basically counter the pull of the strings on the neck. It sounds like you might need to tighten your truss rod to straighten the neck. You can adjust it with an allen wrench. Fret the first string in the first and 14th fret, the string should be a small gap at the 6th fret...I usually use a pack of strings as a reference. The gap should be about as thick as the cardboard sleeve that strings come in. It should only take about an 1/8th of a turn or less.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

I don't think you ever sent me the tracks you promised, chief.

I also prefer Moon but they are both incredible. I want to learn to play drums because of players like that. Can anyone recommend a cheap drum set I could use to get started? That and a cheap(but decent) acoustic would be great. I figured I could score some decent deals on craigslist but I don't really know anything about acoustic guitars for whatever reason.
              i posted it once.

i don't know where it went?
              http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
              For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                There isn't a whole lot to know. If you're just getting into guitar, track down a used one in decent shape. Make sure the frets aren't too marked up, that the neck hasn't warped, that the tuning mechanisms are still holding. If all those are fine and it sounds good to you (keep in mind, re-stringing would be a good idea), then go for it.
                I know what i need to look for like physically i was just wondering if there are some good cheap brands i should be aware of.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I know what i need to look for like physically i was just wondering if there are some good cheap brands i should be aware of.
                  depends on the sound you want.
                  http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                  For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

I play bass. I play in a Christian Rock band. That apparantly lordquas thinks fails. But for all of us being fresh out of high school we do pretty well. Also, I can play somethings on guitar, and I'm ok at drums.

sig by fenikz
                    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                    You are just a terrible person.
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    I have an iPhone.

Comment

i play guitar mostly but can also play bass and drums

Comment

I took piano lessons for almost 15 years growing up. Won some competitions. Looking back, I probably should have kept up with it. I can still play it pretty good but nothing like I was doing. Now I don't even have a piano.....what a shame.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

I play bass. I suck at guitar, though. I'd like to think I can sing, but it depends on what genre of music.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                            There isn't a whole lot to know. If you're just getting into guitar, track down a used one in decent shape. Make sure the frets aren't too marked up, that the neck hasn't warped, that the tuning mechanisms are still holding. If all those are fine and it sounds good to you (keep in mind, re-stringing would be a good idea), then go for it.
                            That's probably the best advice on guitar for beginners as far as getting one. Also, start acoustic. It really does help you to learn to be technically proficient before trying to start on anything too fancy.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I played trombone for 2 years in middle school. Was not a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                                I played trombone for 2 years in middle school. Was not a fan.
                                I did in elementary school. The case was as big as I was. I should have played the clarinet

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information