Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
    win? huh...

http://www.gibson.com/Files/productI...0Bass/body.jpg is also 300 dollars...

with a few extra bones, you can replace the pickups for 150... and make it sound like an instrument... well... i'd pay.
    I don't know if it's win, i know jack **** about bass guitars lol, it just seems pricey.

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
    The scales are pretty easy to work out with the bass. You wind up using mostly resting/resolving notes or pentatonic scales, so it's pretty quick work to figure it out.

Personally, I think you can do a lot more with a bass if you avoid picks all together (except maybe those awesome felt ones). Granted, it's going to make it a more difficult transition from guitar, but I think it's worth it.
    Yeah, i've always seen bass playing would be better without picks, just so you can move your fingers around a little more freely. Pluck two strings easier also. I'm trying to get into it asap so we can get our group going :p

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
      I don't know if it's win, i know jack **** about bass guitars lol, it just seems pricey.
      The truth is that the only real reason to get a truly nice bass is that it'll make you want to play it. Granted, there is fluctuation in quality from the low-end stuff to the mid-end, but the mid-end to high end difference is basically nil.

I love Thunderbirds. But unless you have to have that look, I'm not sure I'd make it my first bass.

Comment

the peavey t40 though is a sex machine.

i'd suggest it. it's older... maybe be dinged... but has a great sound to it.

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
        I love Thunderbirds. But unless you have to have that look, I'm not sure I'd make it my first bass.
        i do too. spent a boatload on my vintage t-bird...

i just lov'm.
        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

I usually don't use a pick and even when I do I don't really have much of a preference. I grabbed a bunch of free picks from guitar center the last time I was there(2 years ago) and have just been using those whenever I have the need for it.

^A Bonekrusher production^
          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

MetSox, Ibanez makes some really nice starter basses. I'm not sure what your price range is, but I got my starter Ibanez for 150 used. And it was a good little learning bass. Now I have something much more complex. And I have yet to step away from Ibanez. Ibanez has really thick sounds, which I like for country.

sig by fenikz
            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
            You are just a terrible person.
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            I have an iPhone.

Comment

I've been playing guitar and sexophone for about 20 years now.

my main axe:

my main amp:

(not my picture, but my setup is a peavy 5150 w/ Marshall 4x12 celestion cab)

with various Boss pedals and gates(Boss make the best pedals in the world imo)

Comment

I've been screaming for about 4 months noww...
                | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Ive been wanting to buy a combo tube amp has of late, but have been very undecided. I tried out a bunch of amps. Im so used to my 5150 half stack, im having a hard time finding anything better to me.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                    I've been screaming for about 4 months noww...
                    Haha, oh man.

Sorry, I used to do vocals, and I find it interesting how 90% of kids screaming have about three different sounds, and none of them do it well enough that they aren't hoarse or have sore throats from it.
                    Last edited by Brent; 10-18-2009, 12:59 AM. Reason: typozzzz

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I've always been disappointed that I can't pull off a decent growl considering my relatively-deep timbre. My voice gets immediately scratchy and, well, it doesn't sound good.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                        I've always been disappointed that I can't pull off a decent growl considering my relatively-deep timbre. My voice gets immediately scratchy and, well, it doesn't sound good.
                        growling type vocals used to be so cool back in the day, anymore though vocalist have kinda butcherd it to where its really bad. then when you hear a band for the first time its like, oh boy, they got the Cookie Monster on vocals. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                          growling type vocals used to be so cool back in the day, anymore though vocalist have kinda butcherd it to where its really bad. then when you hear a band for the first time its like, oh boy, they got the Cookie Monster on vocals. lol

Jesus Lizard > Cookie Monster

My brother does a mean Jesus Lizard...

Zod:

5150 are just... good. Honestly, if you're looking for a combo, the only way is up. Really high up. Like Bogner. Mmmm uberschall. tre bien.

The only thing I play out of is a modified sovtek mig100.. I use some of my bass pedals...

Now... Basswise?
                          Sunn. 80's SVT-4s... or my Carvin B1500...
                          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post

Zod:

5150 are just... good. Honestly, if you're looking for a combo, the only way is up. Really high up. Like Bogner. Mmmm uberschall. tre bien.
                            Well, its all a matter of opinion and personal taste. I have played a couple Bogners that I did like. Oddly, I keep finding Marshalls that Im liking a lot. Odd for me because I thought I was done with Marshalls years ago. :-)

Comment

• Does anyone know how mics are attached to mic stands? I'm thinking about getting a stand so I don't have to use my guitar stand to hold my mic for recording, but I want to know if I have to get anything else with it. Here's the stand:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...oom?sku=451052
                              Last edited by dolphinfan2k5; 01-24-2010, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• Just got my drum kit back today. So excited to get back on the throne and own some face. Double bass pedal ftmfw.
                                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information