No announcement yet.

The Musicians Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• never seen this thread i got an old school tama 5 piece from the 80's drum kit with evans hydraulic heads all around gibraltar double bass pedal zildjian ride/crash/hi hats wuhan china cymbal, been breaking beats for 10+ years used to have the jam band goin on, dont play too much these days though :/

Comment

• Originally posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
      Does anyone know how mics are attached to mic stands? I'm thinking about getting a stand so I don't have to use my guitar stand to hold my mic for recording, but I want to know if I have to get anything else with it. Here's the stand:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...oom?sku=451052
      I'm not sure i understand what you're asking. Are you wondering how you connect a microphone to that stand you have linked? Cause if you are, the mic just slides into the top part of that stand.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
        I'm not sure i understand what you're asking. Are you wondering how you connect a microphone to that stand you have linked? Cause if you are, the mic just slides into the top part of that stand.
        It doesn't look like there is a place for it to slide into though. It looks like it might screw on, and the back of my mic (rode nt1-a) is threaded, but that seems weird and not right. Do I need something like this clip...

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com...lip?sku=279101

...or would the stand come with something like that? My mic has a wide body so I don't know if it would fit in a clip. I just want to make sure I get this right cause I have to buy online since I don't have a car and buses suck. I don't wanna pay for shipping multiple times.

Comment

• My Dad has a old Gibson SG Guitar from the late 60's or early 70's he is not sure when it was made any way to find out the year for sure?

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
            My Dad has a old Gibson SG Guitar from the late 60's or early 70's he is not sure when it was made any way to find out the year for sure?
            I'm not sure if Gibson did this, but you can usually find some information printed underneath the electronics if you unscrew the back panel. If that doesn't do it, just take it to a local music store, I'm sure some guitar nut will be able to identify it.

Comment

• When I was 8 and my mom forced me too to take piano lessons for the next 8+ years I hated it. Now that I'm 22 and can play quite well, I'm incredibly thankful. Not the "manliest" instrument out there, but the ladies are usually impressed. I've played a few times for my church a couple years back, but the skill has kind of been useless to me lately.

Now if I could sing, then maybe I'd be able to rival Greg Oden...He's got me beat in the junk department though, damn!

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                When I was 8 and my mom forced me too to take piano lessons for the next 8+ years I hated it. Now that I'm 22 and can play quite well, I'm incredibly thankful. Not the "manliest" instrument out there, but the ladies are usually impressed. I've played a few times for my church a couple years back, but the skill has kind of been useless to me lately.

Now if I could sing, then maybe I'd be able to rival Greg Oden...He's got me beat in the junk department though, damn!
                I felt the same way and I stopped once I started playing football and never got back around to playing again. I kind of want to play it again. If I do i'll finally be a double threat.

Comment

• Had my acoustic for 7 years, but now I'm actually trying to learn. F Major is a *****.

Comment

• If anyone wants to check it out, I just uploaded a cover that I pulled from one of my practice sessions. I just sing for fun, to keep songs interesting but I'm pretty happy with this one.

It's "Knockin' On Heaven's Door"

The other one's before this pretty much suck. Two Coins is alright. Only caveat is that you have to let me know what you think ;)

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/dolphinfan2k5/

Comment

• Originally posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
                      If anyone wants to check it out, I just uploaded a cover that I pulled from one of my practice sessions. I just sing for fun, to keep songs interesting but I'm pretty happy with this one.

It's "Knockin' On Heaven's Door"

The other one's before this pretty much suck. Two Coins is alright. Only caveat is that you have to let me know what you think ;)

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/dolphinfan2k5/
                      good job man, don't be afraid to turn up the vox though. you're voice isn't bad

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                        When I was 8 and my mom forced me too to take piano lessons for the next 8+ years I hated it. Now that I'm 22 and can play quite well, I'm incredibly thankful. Not the "manliest" instrument out there, but the ladies are usually impressed. I've played a few times for my church a couple years back, but the skill has kind of been useless to me lately.

You should try getting a keyboard with the harpsichord sound with it, that would be pretty badass.

Comment

• aha, i was looking for this thread. My band is getting back in the studio, so I will have some new tunes for you all to listen to!

sig by fenikz
                          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                          You are just a terrible person.
                          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          I have an iPhone.

Comment

• been thinking about getting a guitar and learning but don't know where to start, lol.

Comment

• either learn some basic chords or learn some basic notes and then work on scales and stuff. you can learn how to play guitar on youtube I think, which is crazy cool.

Comment

• need a guitar 1st : )

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information