No announcement yet.

The Musicians Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get a washburn acoustic, you should be able to find a descent one for between $100-$200 they're really good quality for the money

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• so acoustic before electric then?
      can you really learn from youtube? sounds iffy to me, but what the hell do i know.

Comment

• it doesn't matter, if you'd rather get an electric then fender makes squire strats that aren't expensive but you have to buy an amp also then

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
          good job man, don't be afraid to turn up the vox though. you're voice isn't bad
          Thanks, I appreciate it.

As for learning guitar, I started out on electric and have now moved to acoustic and that works out just fine. Start out on whatever you want to. I also learned almost exclusively through the internet, it's definitely possible and practical as well. There's pretty much a video or a tab or lesson for anything you want to learn out there. I probably could have learned faster taking lessons, but it's not as fun and its pretty costly.

Comment

• Most guys that give lessons don't wind up being that much more effective than youtube videos that teach you a particular song. Unless there's a particular style of playing you want to learn, you can teach yourself using the internet. As for electric versus acoustic, I think they lend themselves to very different playing styles, so it'll come down to what you want to do with the guitar.

Comment

• anyone play piano?

i wanna learn to play one, but i literally know nothing bout pianos, and music

Comment

• Take some lessons, theyll teach you both.

Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                  anyone play piano?

i wanna learn to play one, but i literally know nothing bout pianos, and music
                  My parents started me on piano lessons when I was 10. I only took maybe 5 lessons. When I was 13 I started playing guitar and have been playing it ever since.

Through school and such I learned how to play several different instruments. But its one of my single biggest regrets in life that I didnt keep up with those piano lessons.

Comment

• Don't laugh you ****ers.

Falling Slowly Cover

jking you can laugh, still learning to sing. any crits?
                    Last edited by dolphinfan2k5; 03-30-2010, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• So I just learned Six Spence None The Richer's "Kiss me" on my acoustic, and I was singing along the whole time. Maybe the gayest moment of my life. Good song though.

Comment

• Originally posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
                        Don't laugh you ****ers.

Falling Slowly Cover

jking you can laugh, still learning to sing. any crits?
                        I left a comment

sig by fenikz
                        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                        You are just a terrible person.
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                        I have an iPhone.

Comment

• http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Stratocas...item255bc3c15a

good 1st guitar? good price? everyone plays right so i want to do it left.
                          Last edited by redbills; 07-13-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• yeah I think I'm also in the thinking-about-getting-first-guitar boat. I'm definitely looking for electric. I'll probably ask people I know that play, but I'm willing to hear from anyone and everyone.

by BoneKrusher
                            <DG> how metal unseen
                            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I am a huge death metal fan but for the past 2 years I have also been listening to stuff like Al Di Meola, J.S. Bach, and Yngwie Malmsteen I recommend that to anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by redbills View Post
                                http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Stratocas...item255bc3c15a

good 1st guitar? good price? everyone plays right so i want to do it left.
                                It's a good price...but I wouldn't buy a guitar on Ebay or at a pawn shop. Usually the necks aren't taken care of at all. And when you're playing guitar and you find a dead note...it really sucks. I'd def go to your local music store, they have people that will help you pick out a nice first guitar.

sig by fenikz
                                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                                You are just a terrible person.
                                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                                I have an iPhone.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information