Vacation House Rentals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation House Rentals

So me and a few other people are trying to plan a vacation for next year. I'm trying to find a nice spot for a vacation where we can rent a house for a week. I'm looking for suggestions of places within the confines of the united states if anybody has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

At first I thought this was going to be a spam bot thread. Anyway Nags Head, NC is nice and there is plenty of houses there.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Yeah we are looking at the Carolinas right now, Kitty Hawk, Myrtle Beach and some other spots down there. We are also considering maybe getting a house in a city we've never been to aswell to experience something a little less Baltimore.

Comment

Ocean City MD? You may not wanna go there if you have been there a lot. There is deep creek lake but that place sounds boring

Comment

Crystal Beach, Ontario, fo sho

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Outer Banks, North Carolina

Houses are huge, spread apart, and relatively cheap. Me and a couple friends got a shore house in Long Beach Island for a week and were evicted within 22 hours of getting in. We had 3 noise complaints within the hours of 2 a.m. and 5 a.m. and the cops came around 6:00 a.m. waking everyone up just to take our beer because no one was older than 19. The landlord came and saw beer pong set up and an overall mess (cleanable, but a mess) and gave us the boot and we got no money back. With that said, make sure you meet your neighbors before hand and tell them to come to you personally if there is a problem instead of the cops. Give them your cell phone number. The last thing you want is the owner to know the cops were called multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by trkaline View Post
              So me and a few other people are trying to plan a vacation for next year. I'm trying to find a nice spot for a vacation where we can rent a house for a week. I'm looking for suggestions of places within the confines of the united states if anybody has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
              Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
              Crystal Beach, Ontario, fo sho
              Fischy fail.......
              Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
              oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Emerald Isle, NC and Carolina Beach, NC would be good bets too. One is quiet with really nothing but the house (EI) and the other is within 15 minutes of Wilmington. Both are reasonably priced and are fairly nice houses. How many people are going to be going?

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                Titty sprinkles

Comment

For the homer pick I'd say that anywhere down the cape (Cape Cod, Massachusetts) is a good bet for a goo time. Its always fun to go down there.
                  Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
                    Emerald Isle, NC and Carolina Beach, NC would be good bets too. One is quiet with really nothing but the house (EI) and the other is within 15 minutes of Wilmington. Both are reasonably priced and are fairly nice houses. How many people are going to be going?
                    6 people......

Comment

Deleware and Maryland are mad nice.

SPLOOSH

Comment

Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                        Deleware and Maryland are mad nice.
                        Well I live in maryland and I don't think delaware is far enough away for the ppl I'm going with. Wouldn't mind the mountains as long as I have something to free my mind. I think they are looking for around february.

Comment

In California: Cambria, just north of San Simeon & the Hearst Mansion St. Pk. It's an artists' colony removed from the rest of the pricey coastal resort towns like Morro Bay or Santa Barbara. In the Bay Area, there's Half Moon Bay, good beaches & seafood, close enough for a day trip from the urban sprawl that you want to escape.

In Alabama: Gulf Shores/Orange Bch. Right on the Florida line, so you can cross over for Florida fun & avoid the sky-high prices. Great deep sea fishing in the Gulf or to the west in Mobile Bay.
                          Last edited by LizardState; 07-22-2009, 12:50 PM.

Comment

That's not much information to go on. Value is going to depend on what you want out of a trip. What would like to do? Fish, camp, hike, eat BBQ, attend a sporting event, hang out at the beach or just get sloppy drunk? Big city, small city?

Comment

Anywhere on the OBX is nice. Me and a couple friends usually go down to Ocracoke during the summer and it's really secluded, but it's pretty old-school and there aren't really that many big and new houses. Corolla probably has the nicest houses, but they're also the most expensive and there isn't as much to do up in Corolla as there is in the Kitty Hawk/Kill Devil Hills/Nags Head area. Beaches are pretty much the same in every town. You can rent jet-skis, fishing boats, etc. if you want to do something in the water besides surf/swim. There isn't much nightlife though, you're pretty much on your own to find something do after the sun goes down. If you do come down here in the summer, my advice is to always take the beach road if you need to get somewhere. The highway is always crowded and you go faster on the beach road even though its a slower mph limit because there aren't as many cars and there are only a few stoplights.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information