• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

djp: Does it look like I'll start?

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
      We'll see. I haven't really looked over the CPU generated players yet. I run a lot of two tight end sets, so I think you'll definitely get some burn even if you're not the starter.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
        No. If you ask, you get benched.

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Ok, the dynasty's created. A little run down.

Difficulty : Heisman
          Quarter length : 6 minutes
          Subbed in our boys for Washington State of the Pac-10

Going to recruit and redshirt and set our schedule and then go from there.
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Coach Wright sets the bar for the upcoming season : "I smell roses"

Coach Scott Wright of the newly added to the Pac-10 SWDC University Bullets had 3 words to say when he walked onto the podium, words that echo throughout a university full of hope.

"I smell roses", Wright said calmly as he sat down.

"I really do think this team can get to the Rose Bowl. We've got a tough schedule ahead of us, but our senior leadership and quarterback play put us at the top of this conference. I expect nothing less than to win the Pac-10 and get ourselves going in our new surroundings. "

Wright has reason to be confident. Junior quarterback James Bond returns after a successful sophomore season and has people talking about his NFL Draft status and Heisman hopes.

"James is a tremendous quarterback, but he can't get caught up in all the hype. It's all about winning football games in this town. He's got all the tools and I feel like he can lead this team."

A very talented defense returns, including star senior defensive linemen Jack Daniels and Rodney Rutherford. They will anchor the defense as both look to be All American candidates.

In the linebacking corps, Ko Mayhan looks to emerge as a legitimate NFL draft prospect after a promising freshman season. I

In the secondary, the two safeties certainly look like keepers in Edgerrin Mays-Taylor (EMT from here on out) and Marcus Fenikz. Fenikz, a junior, earned All-American status last season and will only look to improve upon what was an incredible season. EMT is a promising young prospect that draftniks all over the country are hyping. He's got prototypical size, runs like a gazelle, and hits like an 8 wheeler. We'll see if he can improve his instincts and awareness on the field, because last year, for as talented as he was, he did let some big plays go by him.

As far as the newcomers are concerned, a talented class brought in by the masterful Wright includes prized five-star corner Frank McGillicutty, RB Filthy McNasty, K Beyer Barron (Rivals AAA Bowl MVP with 4 50+ yard FG), WR Luke Uno, and T Abraham Ham. Look for all five of these players to make an impact at some point in the season.

Here's the schedule for the Bullets

9/5 Stanford Cardinal
            9/12 #14 Boise State Broncos
            9/19 @ #21 Nebraska Cornhuskers
            9/26 @ #4 Southern Cal Trojans
            10/3 @ #12 Oregon Ducks
            10/10 Arizona State Sun Devils
            10/7 BYE
            10/24 @ #15 California Golden Bears
            10/31 @ Notre Dame Fighting Irish
            11/7 @ Arizona Wildcats
            11/14 UCLA Bruins
            11/21 Oregon State Beavers
            11/28 @ Washington Huskies

Comment

damn our schedule looks crazy.
              uno looks forward to proving he can beast on the big boys. SC dont want it with uno.

PM me for sigs.

Comment

Thomas has reportedly been working hard over the offseason to improve on a fairly impressive rookie campaign. His intention is to take over as Uno's dump-off guy, and has been working with a JUGS machine leant to him by the school. Every day he catches balls from it until he gets 300 in a row without dropping one.

Comment

1-0: Bullets make quick work of Stanford 49-31 with special teams play

SACRAMENTO - The Bullets got off to a great start to their 2009 season. How great? How about a 93 yard kick return to start the game?

Junior Jerrell Dunlap took it to the house, igniting the 84,513 in attendance at Keak Da Sneak Stadium. The place went absolutely crazy, perfect blocks all the way up the right sideline for the score.

Junior quarterback James Bond completed 15-of-29 completions, totaling over 400 yards through the air. He was precise throughout the first half, but got sloppy in the third quarter, throwing 3 interceptions.

The first play of the third quarter, freshman RB Filthy McNasty took a punt 74 yards to the house on a tremendous return.

Stanford never really had any chance to compete in this game, although they did string together a few nice possessions in a row.

The Bullet defense was inconsistent, giving up 186 yards in the air and 169 on the ground. They did force a few turnovers, however.

Senior corner Marcus McKeon tallied his first interception of the year and linebacker Ko Mayhan forced and recovered a fumble in the 3rd quarter.

Here is the scoring summary and game stats for the evening.

Stanford 7 17 7 0 - 31
                  SWDC 21 14 14 0 - 49

1st
                  TD SWDC J. Dunlap returned kickoff 93 yds (B. Barron kick)
                  TD Stan R. Whalen 1 yd pass from A. Luck (T. Golia kick)
                  TD SWDC S. Carlton 11 yd pass from J. Bond (B. Barron kick)
                  TD SWDC J. Johnson 69 yd pass from J. Bond (B. Barron kick)

2nd
                  FG Stan T. Golia 37 yd
                  TD Stan R. Whalen 7 yd pass from A. Luck (T. Golia kick)
                  TD SWDC J. Johnson 68 yd pass from J. Bond (B. Barron kick)
                  TD Stan C. Amajoyi 34 yd fumble return (T. Golia kick)
                  TD SWDC N. Hardy 51 yd pass from J. Bond (B. Barron kick)

3rd
                  TD SWDC F. McNasty returned punt 74 yds (B. Barron kick)
                  TD Stan R. Whalen 29 yd pass from A. Luck (T. Golia kick)
                  TD SWDC S. Carlton 47 yd pass from J. Bond (B. Barron kick)

Passing
                  J. Bond 15/29 405 yds 5 TD 3 INT

Rushing
                  J. Slider 15 car 65 yds
                  F. Mcnasty 2 car 11 yds

Receiving
                  N. Hardy 5 rec 115 yds 1 TD
                  J. Slider 4 rec 69 yds
                  S. Carlton 3 rec 66 yds
                  J. Johnson 2 rec 137 yds 2 TD
                  L. Uno 3 rec 33 yds
                  J. Thomas 1 rec 18 yds

Defensive
                  J. Daniels 9 tackles, 2 TFL, 2 sacks
                  E. Mays-Taylor 9 tackles, 1 TFL
                  K. Mayhan 7 tackles
                  T. Crum 7 tackles
                  M. Fenikz 3 tackles (injured in 1st, status questionable for week 2)
                  R. Byrd 5 tackles, 1 TFL
                  R. Rutherford 3 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 sack
                  D. Brown 1 tackle
                  M. Umenyiora 1 tackle, 1 TFL, 1 sack (3rd and 3 on opening drive, it was huge)

Kicking/Punting
                  B. Barron 0/1 FG (55 yds) 7/7 XP - 2 punts 76 yds 31.5 net avg

Comment

Ahhh....missed a FG....Dammit. I'll rebound. You watch.

Comment

M. Umenyiora? I'm Jamaal!

oh well, HUGE sack, that's whats up!
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

3 for 33.
                        uno liked the speed of the college game, but uno knows they still cant handle him.
                        shoutout to the mentor J Dunlap. boy did his thing.
                        dont worry, the show is just starting.

PM me for sigs.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                          M. Umenyiora? I'm Jamaal!

oh well, HUGE sack, that's whats up!
                          My fault, it's definitely Jamal in the game. Thought it was Marcus when I was typing it.

Comment

Bullets throttle No. 17 Broncos 38-14 behind the arm of Bond, **** sword of Mayhan

SACRAMENTO - Sophomore linebacker Ko Mayhan stole the show with three 4th down drive ending tackles, and junior quarterback James Bond showed the world again why he is among the top quarterbacks in the nation in a convincing 38-14 win over the Boise State Broncos, ranked seventeenth in the country.

Bond was efficient all day, and his two interceptions came after dropped passes deflected in the air. He was superb on the run, commanding the offense up and down the field against a (previously) underrated Bronco defense.

"You know, I'm just out there to do my job and win football games. I wish my receivers weren't wearing clown shoes, because those two balls that turned into picks couldn't have been any more perfectly thrown. Oh well", Bond told reporters after the game.

The defense was stout all game against the high powered Boise State attack.

The key play came in the 2nd quarter, 4th and goal from the 1 inch line. Boise State tried to run up the gut but Mayhan came flying in off the edge and walloped the runner for a loss on the play. Bond ended up leading the Bullets right down the field after two 80 yard passes and the rest was a cruise for the Bullets.

Scoring Summary
                            Boise St 7 0 7 0 - 14
                            SWDC 7 14 0 17 - 38

1st
                            TD SWDC J. Dunlap 24 yd pass from J.Bond (B.Barron kick)
                            TD Boise D. Harper 1 yd run (K. Brotzman kick)

2nd
                            TD SWDC C. Baker 56 yd pass from J. Bond (B. Barron kick)
                            TD SWDC N. Hardy 4 yd pass from J. Bond (B. Barron kick)

3rd
                            Boise TD A. Murray returned interception 63 yds (K. Brotzman kick)

4th
                            SWDC FG B. Barron 31 yds
                            SWDC TD J. Slider 2 yd run (B. Barron kick)
                            SWDC TD J. Dunlap 75 yd pass from J. Bond (B. Barron kick)

Player Stats

Passing
                            J. Bond 21/32 353 yds 4 TD 2 INT

Rushing
                            J. Slider 12 car 120 yds 1 TD
                            J. Bond 10 car 48 yds
                            F. McNasty 8 car 41 yds

Receiving
                            J. Dunlap 4 rec 118 yds 2 TD
                            J. Slider 4 rec 44 yds
                            J. Thomas 5 rec 75 yds
                            N. Hardy 3 rec 43 yds 1 TD
                            C. Baker 3 rec 66 yds 1 TD

Defensive
                            J. Hellyeah 10 tackles 1 TFL
                            M. Fenikz 9 tackles
                            K. Mayhan 7 tackles 4 TFL 1 sack
                            E. Mays-Taylor 5 tackles
                            J. Daniels 3 tackles 1 TFL 1 sack
                            D. Brown 2 tackles 2 TFL (1 TFL on 3rd and 1)
                            R. Rutherford 1 tackle 1 TFL 1 sack

Kicking/Punting

B. Barron 1/2 FG (missed 59 yds) / 0 punts (touchdown, FG attempt, or turnover on every drive)

Recruiting Update

No commits. Got no visits lined up yet either, although we're looking a projected class of about 16-18 kids, mostly 4*, I think I got one 5* in the bag, he's an athlete (looks like a corner)

Comment

Hmm...at least the ones I'm missing are 55+ yarders that even NFL kickers have issues with.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                Hmm...at least the ones I'm missing are 55+ yarders that even NFL kickers have issues with.
                                It was so close too. I thought I hit it perfect. You had another couple yards of distance on there. Just a little to the right. 15 MPH wind to the right was sucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information