The town where you are from

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brooklyn, NY

Has as much personality as any other place can offer. This borough is huge, and you can basically find every possible culture if you look hard enough. Things are always open around here (you come home at 4 am, your thirsty, you are glad to see the bodega a.k.a corner store open at that time). There is also always usually something to do (bars in Williamsburg, restaurants in Park Slope, shady lounges all over Bed-Stuy and the rest of BKLYN. Some of the trains that run through brooklyn are the most reliable, and gypsy cabs can pretty much take u anywhere. Coney, Manhattan and Brighton Beach are all good for what they are (a place to tan and hope not to get cut with glass and look at the talent). Prospect Park is also just awesome, much quiter and smaller Central Park, great views from all over, like Dumbo. Lots of positives

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Fishkill, NY. For those who don't know, near Poughkeepsie.

Home of the Hudson Valley Renegades, the former home of Scott Podsednik, Jorge Cantu, Ryan Dempster, Joe Kennedy, Craig Monroe, Evan Longoria, Josh Hamilton, and Toby Hall

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
        I actually bid a job in Bossier City today at work. Apparently your town is getting a new water treatment plant. Just fyi.
        Yeah, that's been in the works for a while now.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

I live in Nashville, more specifically Bellevue. And if it would quit ******* raining I could go to the zoo and pet some ******* giraffes.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
            A good friend of mine visiting Buffalo as did Anthony Bourdain on his show No Reservations. Both said the history was nice, people were hospitable, and food delectable but that it is a shrinking city that has been the decline since the 1950s. I would still like to visit, though.
            Anthony Bourdain is the man

Comment

I was born in Detroit but raised just a few miles north in the city of Royal Oak. Its a medium sized city at about 60k, it was much more 'family oriented' of a suburb when i was growing up, but that is basically gone now. A solid 6 or so schools have closed since my last couple years of HS. Its sort of considered a hip city now because of our downtown area. Pretty 'trendy' type atmosphere. Tons of bars, clubs, restaurants. Basically you can sit down and get a drink at any establishment. If you can avoid the smug downtown Royal Oak can be quite fun, filled bar to bar with attractive womens also.

I guess we have a few famous people from here. Glenn Frey of the Eagles, Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, Dr Death Jack Kevorkian, and my favorite Kristen Bell <3. Theyre starting to shoot movies here as well, Gran Torino was filmed almost entirely in downtown Royal Oak. As was some Sigourney Weaver movie.

Comment

Nashville is pretty cool. The people are usually very nice, but there are also a lot of fundamentalist christian hicks which can really get on your nerves. There's a church every block. It's heaven if you like country music (I don't). Pretty much everyone in the business got their start here. There's also a great scene for Rock music, too. The Raconteurs got their start here, and Jimi (my hero) spent some time here as well. Good blues music. Downtown is cool. Lots of bars, a few clubs.

There are bodies of water everywhere. Old Hickory Lake, Percy Priest Lake, The Cumberland River, and tons of creeks and stuff. Great city if you like the outdoors. Horrible drivers. Horrible. The girls here are a mixed bag. Some are hot, some are not. Not unlike most places. There are lots of house parties, and lots of substances. We have the Titans and the Preds for sports. Vanderbilt, Lipscomb, Bellmont, and TSU are all here. It makes for an intellectual atmosphere, especially in the Hillsboro village area, which is a fantastic part of town.

Nashville is also a very eclectic and artistic place. There are good art shows here, and a lot of great writers have gotten their start here. Lots of talented people. Talent (as far as the arts go) is abundant here. There's also tons of history.

I love it here. You should visit.

EDIT:

Also, one last thing. I've had a lot of great burgers in a lot of cities. None compares to Fat Mo's, a burger chain down here. By far the best burger I've ever tasted.
                Last edited by Staubach12; 07-30-2009, 01:02 AM.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Willmar, MN: too big to be a hick town, too small to do ****

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                    I was born in Detroit but raised just a few miles north in the city of Royal Oak. Its a medium sized city at about 60k, it was much more 'family oriented' of a suburb when i was growing up, but that is basically gone now. A solid 6 or so schools have closed since my last couple years of HS. Its sort of considered a hip city now because of our downtown area. Pretty 'trendy' type atmosphere. Tons of bars, clubs, restaurants. Basically you can sit down and get a drink at any establishment. If you can avoid the smug downtown Royal Oak can be quite fun, filled bar to bar with attractive womens also.

I guess we have a few famous people from here. Glenn Frey of the Eagles, Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, Dr Death Jack Kevorkian, and my favorite Kristen Bell <3. Theyre starting to shoot movies here as well, Gran Torino was filmed almost entirely in downtown Royal Oak. As was some Sigourney Weaver movie.
                    Oooh, 6 schools.. big deal! Flint has had to close about infinity schools down. Both elementary schools I went to closed down. Our damn newspaper only prints 3 days a week now! I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                      Oooh, 6 schools.. big deal! Flint has had to close about infinity schools down. Both elementary schools I went to closed down. Our damn newspaper only prints 3 days a week now! I win.
                      Well I mean, thats Flint. Flint is not a very friendly place to visit. I was mentioning the schools more along the lines of, while our population isnt shrinking here, the number of families and kids are. Its becoming a 'cool' city to live in, lots of 20 somethings moving in. Lofts. etc.

Comment

I live in a Dallas suburb where the average family income is like 200k, at least. It's filled with rich, pretentious douchebags. On top of that, parents feel the best way to deal with their kid's problems is to simply give them money. It's a wonderful place if you enjoy seeing high schoolers with nicer cars than the teachers.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Well I was born in Euclid, OH but I've been in Kent, WA for most of my life and it's just the best thing ever.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Sartell MN, small town of about 15,000 people. If there are no parties, there is nothing whatsoever to do.

Moving to Fargo in about 3 weeks.

Comment

Bluefield Va, smalltown USA mostly known as Ahmad Bradshaw's hometown lately and Bob "Gilligan" Denver lived here as well.

within an hour of Blacksburg and hokie football.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                                Sartell MN, small town of about 15,000 people. If there are no parties, there is nothing whatsoever to do.
                                Sounds exactly like the town I live in which is Olean, NY. There is a university that has D-1 Basketball but they haven't been good in the past couple years. But yeah..If you don't like to party you will become very bored. The town is like a town you stop in for the night to sleep while on the highway because there are tons of restaurants and fast food places. The only good thing is we are an hour or so from Buffalo, NY and 3 hours from Cleveland, OH so a nice little trip to get to a city.

Olean, NY may be known for Cutco Knives...no one really famous has come out of this area. Jeff Fahey of LOST was born here but that's about it. Also Former NFL DL Seth Payne of the Jaguars and Texans lives in the town over because of his wife.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information