Anyone run triathlons here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    But at the end of the day, it's a race. I've done endurance swimming, plenty of it, but my body just wouldn't respond to swimming distances that large. It's a hell of a grind. Not to mention the cramping that you get. If you're running and you cramp up, you can stop and stretch. If you're swimming... you bite your lip and hope it goes away quickly.
    it's worst right in the center of the foot.

i don't know why. when i get a cramp there... it's gg... just cry your way through it...
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
      Swimming and biking I'd have no problem with. I'd have to catch a cab for the running part though.
      The great thing about swimming is that it gives you a great workout and exercise, while not putting too much pressure or strain on your muscles.

It's no coincidence that world class swimmers have great abs.
      Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
        it's worst right in the center of the foot.

i don't know why. when i get a cramp there... it's gg... just cry your way through it...
        That's the easiest place to get a cramp too. You're fluttering with your legs that you don't even notice how hard your pointing and clinching your toes. Then comes the pain..

Comment

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
          The great thing about swimming is that it gives you a great workout and exercise, while not putting too much pressure or strain on your muscles.

It's no coincidence that world class swimmers have great abs.
          My abs...well I just have one big one - right in the middle. For me, it's because the strain on the lower back isn't nearly as bad as running is.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            That's the easiest place to get a cramp too. You're fluttering with your legs that you don't even notice how hard your pointing and clinching your toes. Then comes the pain..
            wtb webbed fingers and toes.

Comment

Of the 3 I would prefer swimming. I hate generic cardio, especially running. Even swimming gets boring tho imo, I prefer doing things like jump rope or boxing workouts as they offer some versatility. If I have to run or swim or bike for a workout I will usually do it HIIT style to get it done with quick.
              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

the bike is the best part.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  the bike is the best part.
                  I tend to enjoy swimming more when I do cardio.......bike is most def better than running tho. Running is the worst thing ever. I hate running so much that I dread my 10 minute warm up run before lifting. Its not even tough, I just get bored as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                    wtb webbed fingers and toes.
                    The two toes next to my big toe are webbed on both of my feet. It's wired, I know.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

I have one web on my right foot.

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                        The two toes next to my big toe are webbed on both of my feet. It's wired, I know.
                        it's a sign, you are Aquaman!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                          I have one web on my right foot.
                          I'd definitely slit that thing right quick before the smokers see it.

I hope someone gets that. It's my favorite bad movie of all time.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Wow, webbed toes are more common than i first imagined. It's ******* disgusting, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                              I tend to enjoy swimming more when I do cardio.......bike is most def better than running tho. Running is the worst thing ever. I hate running so much that I dread my 10 minute warm up run before lifting. Its not even tough, I just get bored as hell.
                              running is by far the most boring...

check your paces... watch your heart rate... step. step. step. step.
                              you could keep your head down the entire time if it wasn't impacting your breathing... it's not like the running section is 'hard'.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information