Study Abroad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study Abroad

Alright so I currently looking into studying abroad during the next academic year (a year from now) and I am trying to figure out the best country to do so. So I was hoping some people here would have some good stories or advice from previous abroad experiences or anyone with any good travel stories is more then welcome to share input.

any specific Continent?

Comment

mainly looking at Europe because it provides more opportunities to travel around, but I'm relatively open...just hoping to hear some stories or opinions

Comment

Come to Australia. I hear Forenci and APS are coming out here so you may as well join! (Unless you have ginger hair like vikes)

Comment

My cousin got an opportunity in 2006 from his university to go to England and study at Oxford University and it was for like a whole semester and he really enjoyed every minute of it. He use to be a shy kid but now he is a really outgoing kid because of the trip. He has told me numerous of times to try to study abroad as well but I haven't had the chance to go on one yet.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

My best friend is about to come back from Japan from his semester abroad. He loved it over there.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

How much do they usually cost?(to go to Europe)
              Originally posted by SunTzu_22
              Just let it go RWO.
              We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Ive heard Australia is awesome, but also really similar to Southern California, which is where I go to school (UC San Diego).

I have also heard good things about Japan, but a lot of the programs offered are very technical (engineering, math, science...etc) and I'm a double major in Communications and History (not so technical).

Cost really depends on the program. Most of the ones offered through my school are around 20-30k for the year long program, which is relatively comparable to my current tuition.

I think I may be looking to go somewhere that isn't one of the most common places to go abroad (I feel like Spain, Italy, UK, and Australia are the most common). Kinda looking to go somewhere a bit different. Maybe looking towards Denmark, the Netherlands, or maybe even South America. But like I said I'm open to anything if it is the right program.

Comment

I lived in Germany, and it is absolutely fantastic. I would reccomend there for sure. Germans were always extremely nice and there are lots of places to travel to. Beautiful country, and beautiful girls in the big cities. Just don't live in the middle of no where like I did...bunch of ugly girls there.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                  Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                  i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                  Originally posted by Job
                  NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

I was so hoping this thread would be about this

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Lol you beat me to it. I was gonna make a joke about studying a broad also.

Comment

Germany has been a consideration being that I took German in high school, but that isn't too much of a factor because I want a program with classes in English anyways.

And in regards to studying a broad...I can assure that will be an integral part of the experience.

Comment

I'd go to Austrailia since there is no language barrier and it's cooler than England.

I'd feel so uncomfortable living in a place where I couldn't understand everyone. Sure you could still take classes in english, but what about everything else?

Comment

Go to this school in Italy( Rome or Florence) if you're only looking to have fun and not learn. haha
                            http://www.johncabot.edu/

You go to class mon-thursday ( if you want) and it is a cake walk. You can travel all you want on the weekends.

If you're looking to actually learn I got some spots for ya too.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Depends on your major. What's yours?
                              Just play me, baby

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information