No announcement yet.

PGA (or Golf in general) Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought this course was supposed to be hard? These scores are ridiculous.

Comment

• Played yesterday for the first time in probably 2+ years. Best hole was a bogey. Hit a slice into the woods. Punched it back on the fairway. Layed up with my sand wedge. Missed my par put, and bogeyed. I have a TERRIBLE slice. TERRIBLE.

Comment

• The Open is usually on a tough course, but every five years it's on St. Andrews on a course that's much easier, especially in great conditions like today. Expect the scores to get consistently higher though until the end of the tournament, with a very hard course on sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
          Played yesterday for the first time in probably 2+ years. Best hole was a bogey. Hit a slice into the woods. Punched it back on the fairway. Layed up with my sand wedge. Missed my par put, and bogeyed. I have a TERRIBLE slice. TERRIBLE.
          I know what you mean. I have recently given up on my driver because of it, only using my 3-wood to drive anymore.

Comment

• Can the winds please pick up?!?!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              Can the winds please pick up?!?!
              You got your wish and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                Played yesterday for the first time in probably 2+ years. Best hole was a bogey. Hit a slice into the woods. Punched it back on the fairway. Layed up with my sand wedge. Missed my par put, and bogeyed. I have a TERRIBLE slice. TERRIBLE.
                Me too, my slice is just horrendous, but I just had some different clubs given to me and haven't had a chance to try them out, I'm hoping they help out a little bit. They sure as hell couldn't hurt, I was out golfing last Friday, and hit a shot that was going about 30 yards left(I'm righty), and then it just sliced like crazy and ended up in the other fairway, probably 80 yards from where it started.

sig by BK and avy by me
                Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• This didn't totally cure my slicing but I started lining my right foot back about 3-4 in. while in my stance. It has helped. My misses are now both right and left but more of them go straight than before.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                    This didn't totally cure my slicing but I started lining my right foot back about 3-4 in. while in my stance. It has helped. My misses are now both right and left but more of them go straight than before.
                    I plan on going to the driving range sometime soon, and am gonna tinker with my swing and will try this out, among other things.

sig by BK and avy by me
                    Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                    If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• Oost is showing no indication that he'll fall apart today

Comment

• That's the biggest cakewalk, trouncing Sunday I've seen in a while, they are usually close these days.

Louieeeeeeeeeeee..... dun dun dun-un, dun dun dun-un dun
                        DeAngelo Hall looks like James Harden.

Comment

• I found this Open really boring. Bunch of no-names at the top, all the guys I was interested in seeing took themselves out of the competition the 2nd and 3rd days.

In other news I tried out a forged Titleist 6 iron at the range and really want some now.

Comment

• Bubba Watson fires a 64 in round 1 at the WGC-Bridgestone today, 2 ahead of Kenny Perry who is in with a 66.
                            Phyllis Mickelson currently one back of Perry despite jerking two short putts today.

Tiger tees off in a few minutes.
                            Who here roots for Tiger, against Tiger, or doesn't care?

In other golf news:

AKRON, Ohio – Robert Allenby will miss the Bridgestone Invitational and the PGA Championship next week after he slipped on his boat while fishing and tore ligaments in his right knee.

Allenby had been gearing up for this week’s World Golf Championship, followed by the final major of the year. He decided to take a weekend fishing trip in the Bahamas, then slipped on a wet spot on his boat and his legs went in different directions.

The Australian figured he hyperextended his knee. Tests revealed a torn ligament, and he had surgery Tuesday. Allenby, who is No. 14 in the world ranking, said doctors told him he should be able to return in time for the FedEx Cup playoffs in three weeks.

Comment

• The Bridgestone is one of my favorite tournaments that's not a major and I'm rooting for Tiger the whole time

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                                The Bridgestone is one of my favorite tournaments that's not a major and I'm rooting for Tiger the whole time
                                Tiger was terrible again today, now sits at 6-over par.
                                He looks lost out there.

Can a sore c**k really affect one's short game that much?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information