PGA (or Golf in general) Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PGA rules are so anal, I'm disappointed it had to turn out this way
    Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
    Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
    A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

• Originally posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
      PGA rules are so anal, I'm disappointed it had to turn out this way
      Golf rules you mean. And the rule is actually a good rule, but it was the ruling of the lay that was iffy. They had to distinguish between what a bunker is and isn't. To me, that wasn't a sand bunker but apparently I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
        Golf rules you mean. And the rule is actually a good rule, but it was the ruling of the lay that was iffy. They had to distinguish between what a bunker is and isn't. To me, that wasn't a sand bunker but apparently I'm wrong.
        They said it on the telecast repeatedly that the players were warned heavily about the local rules of this course, most specifically the bunkers...if there was any doubt in his mind he should've asked an official and i'll admit that i felt he was in a bunker when he went up to address the ball and it came as a surprise when the commenators were very unsure...i have walked this course before too so i'm not completely unaware of how the course layout is
        Last edited by princefielder28; 08-15-2010, 10:19 PM.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
          They said it on the telecast repeatedly that the players were warned heavily about the local rules of this course, most specifically the bunkers...if there was any doubt in his mind he should've asked an official and i'll admit that i felt he was in a bunker when he went up to address the ball and it came as a surprise when the commenators where very unsure...i have walked this course before too so i'm not completely unaware of how the course layout is
          Oh I agree, it was completely on him. He should have known beforehand, or his caddy should have, or he should have said something.

I'm just saying I wouldn't consider that a bunker, but I'm also not an expert or golf official. I will admit that I don't know nearly all the ins and outs of golf rules, however.

Comment

• 2011 Major Courses

Masters :: Augusta (of course) - Phil Mickelson
            US Open :: Congressional - Ernie Els
            British Open :: Royal St. George's - Ben Curtis
            PGA Championship :: Atlanta Athletic Club - David Toms

Those are the venues for next year and the previous winners for the tournament at that course...I like most of these courses for Tiger to get back into the winner circle and I think we can expect to see Kaymer win another major in the not so distant future...this year, at least for the last three majors, was dominated by first time winners but I think next year we can expect the experienced and past winners to take center stage

Comment

• The Dustin Johnson situation is unfortunate, and that course with all the pointless bunkers seemed a little silly. You never see spectators standing in a bunker with a player when he's about to take a shot at any other event. That said, Johnson and his caddy should've been more aware, the dumb rule was made known to everyone early and often.

Comment

• Tiger appears to be back.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                  Tiger appears to be back.
                  at least for one round...i hope this is the start of his return to glory; golf is so much better with him

Comment

• Tiger's game comes back after he can get the hos.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Mickelson Sucks

Comment

• You gotta love the gambling Brits. I love Ladbrokes. For the Americans who have never been across the pond, they have Ladbrokes on street corners, like a Starbucks here. You can just walk in, and place any bet! I love it.

Monty's captain's picks fuel alleged betting scam

The British will bet on anything: dart matches, political elections, whether Kate Winslet would cry when accepting an Oscar at the 2009 Academy Awards (8-15 odds called for waterworks). So perhaps it should come as no great surprise that Colin Montgomerie's captain's picks for the 2010 Ryder Cup have sparked a juicy gambling controversy in the UK. Seems an insider with knowledge of Monty's picks (which the captain will announce Sunday) may have already spilled the beans, according to James Corrigan of The Independent:

The Tour investigated and talked to the betting exchange Betfair. In the wake of that controversy, George O'Grady, the [European Tour] chief executive, said: "We can't really believe anybody in the committee room has used this information ... but we are appalled that someone inside that room has perhaps inadvertently leaked it. The entire committee is concerned to make sure that nothing like that ever has a chance of happening again."

Naturally this news has Britain's betting parlors on edge. It's no different than an insider-trading scam, like when a commodities broker gets early word about a crop report. (Just replace corn and jicama with Karlsson and Jiminez.) At writing, SkyBet has Padraig Harrington (1-10), Paul Casey (2-9), and Luke Donald (4-9) as the three favorites to earn one of Monty's selections, but if the leak is confirmed, all bets undoubtedly will be off.

Read more: http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2010...#ixzz0xrCCr2GQ

Comment

• The Mulllet Lives!
                          Charley Hoffman rolls at the Deutch yesterday.
                          Tiger shows signs of life again, will advance.

Mickelson, what else..... hits it all over the place.
                          Throws in a bogey, a double-bogey, and a triple-bogey on the back 9 yesterday, leaking like a sieve coming in.

Comment

• Please tell me this doesn't give you goosebumps.

"Yes it was, Chris. Yes, it was."

"Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information