PGA (or Golf in general) Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
    yang missed at least two putts barely short as well. bottom line yang won.
    yang did win. thats not what im arguing, im just saying tiger gave him the tournament. i know its not how, its how many in golf. but anyone who has seen golf in the last ten years knows tiger finishes and this was extremely odd in a major for him not to win after having the 54 hole lead( 9-0 in majors with a share of lead or better previous to today) he couldn't fade the ball which to me leads me to question if he knee is fully healthy. if he can't get onto his left side the ball won't fade.

Hitman D

Comment

Originally posted by tEk View Post
      .....wow! yang didn't win it, tiger lost it.
      that's just dumb...yang may have gotten some fortunate breaks but ultimately he won, he beat TIGER WOODS. Don't try to minimize what he did today and place his victory at the failure of someone else.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I have to be honest.once I heard yesterdday Yang was Tiger's playing partner I thought it was over and Tiger would cakewalk to the win.but credit Yang he never blinked once(outside of 17 really)

Comment

Sigh... If Tiger loses any tournament, it was Tiger that lost it and not the other golfer that won it.
          Peyton Manning Fanboy
          Originally posted by Complex
          They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

whether he meant to or not, that second shot on 18 by Yang was one of the greatest shots this decade.
            Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
            Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
            Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
            A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
              whether he meant to or not, that second shot on 18 by Yang was one of the greatest shots this decade.
              was it really that great? not trying to sound sarcastic.

given the circumstances, it was clutch. i'm no golf expert, but one of the greatest this decade?

Comment

given the circumstances, it was clutch. i'm no golf expert, but one of the greatest this decade?
                IDK, it was good, but I liked his eagle on 14 a lot more. That's really when the tide began to change.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

it was great...you just don't make shots like that from that far away.

How clutch it was added to the greatness. He's two shots away from defeating the greatest golfer ever, he has a huge tree in his way, the wind is going the wrong way, so Yang has to hit a shot he isn't comfortable with, AND the pin is tucked away nicely in the back left with only feet of room to spare at all sides. Add to the fact that he was over 200 yards away and he had an uphill shot on the first cut, I don't think I've ever seen a shot quite like that.
                  Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                  Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                  Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                  A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

looking at what courses are hosting the 2010 Majors.If Tiger does'nt win 2 of them given his track records at Augusta, Pebble Beach and St Andrews I'll be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                      looking at what courses are hosting the 2010 Majors.If Tiger does'nt win 2 of them given his track records at Augusta, Pebble Beach and St Andrews I'll be surprised.
                      I think Pebble and St. Andrews are going to be tough for a competitor to knock off Tiger, and Augusta, always depends on the year for Tiger. Whistling Straits wasn't the most favorable course in 2004 for Tiger and that has to do with his struggles off the tee, the course doesn't allow for many poor tee shots and control is key.

Comment

Tiger's putting is just off lately. He keeps burning the edge of the hole. He seems to like the way his putts go. His mechanics seem fine. He is just reading it a touch wrong. After several tournaments of this you would think he'd have it work out. I wonder if he'll win another tournament before the end of the season.

Comment

So, John Daly lost 115 pounds and has a cool pair of pants.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the guy's mentally ill.

Comment

who else is ready for the new golf year! we are lookin at weather in the 60s all week here. ill be out on the range at least twice this week trying to get back into the swing of things. so far picked up a couple new golf shirts, a new sv tour wedge, and a new taylormade burner hybrid for this year. i finally manned up and registered for an official usga handicap. im going to try and take the leap this year and track my stats and really try to improve my game.

Comment

I can't wait to get back out on the course. Pretty much all the snow is gone here in GB and hopefully by the end of the month the majority of courses will be open.

Tiger is coming back too!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information