No announcement yet.

PGA (or Golf in general) Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, a golf thread. I didn't know there was one.

I've only gotten to the range once but will be getting out at least once again this week, maybe twice. My first round of the year will be the 27th. I'm gunning for a sub-100 score this season.

Comment

gonna play in 2 weeks, i finally have some spare money to throw at the grass gods.

Hitman D

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
        Hey, a golf thread. I didn't know there was one.
        i had to do a little digging but the season is upon us! im working on planning a memorial day weekend trip right now. hoping to get in 72 holes.

Comment

Well it looks like Tiger will be back in time for the Masters. With the way those people discriminate against anybody they don't like it should be a good way to ease back into playing again without a huge circus. He might still get a few non-golf questions but the big story will probably just be that he's returned at all.

I don't watch a ton of golf on TV but you can bet I'll be watching the Masters.

Comment

got out to the range today! hit the ball pretty decent for first time out. irons were good but wasnt hitting my woods great. loving my new wedge. it sticks real nice.

video putting from 20 ft:
            http://vimeo.com/10265294

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
              got out to the range today! hit the ball pretty decent for first time out. irons were good but wasnt hitting my woods great. loving my new wedge. it sticks real nice.

video putting from 20 ft:
              http://vimeo.com/10265294
              it looks like your standing too far away from the ball when you putt. you should be able to drop a ball from the bridge of your nose and it hit the ball( or inside of your target line. just from watching that putt you seem to be a fairly accomplished player( dont break your wrists, body is relatively quiet, kept your eyes down after contact with ball. but that tip will help you drain more putts from the 5-10 foot range, and help considerably with your lag putts.

Hitman D

Comment

Originally posted by tEk View Post
                it looks like your standing too far away from the ball when you putt. you should be able to drop a ball from the bridge of your nose and it hit the ball( or inside of your target line. just from watching that putt you seem to be a fairly accomplished player( dont break your wrists, body is relatively quiet, kept your eyes down after contact with ball. but that tip will help you drain more putts from the 5-10 foot range, and help considerably with your lag putts.
                trust me im well aware. every time i golf with every person i golf with they tell me the same thing but i putt better than any of them. no lie. putting is hands down the best part of my game and i know that my stance is all wrong. its just one of those things that im confident in and am afraid to change because i do it so well. i actually putted today in both stances to try and work on it but i still putted better standing back and hunching almost. my friends tell me i putt like an old lady. but they laugh cause it works somehow.
                Last edited by DiG; 03-18-2010, 04:48 PM.

Comment

trust me im well aware. every time i golf with every person i golf with they tell me the same thing but i putt better than any of them. no lie. putting is hands down the best part of my game and i know that my stance is all wrong. its just one of those things that im confident in and am afraid to change because i do it so well. i actually putted today in both stances to try and work on it but i still putted better standing back and hunching almost. my friends tell me i putt like an old lady. but they laugh cause it works somehow.
                  different strokes for different folks

Hitman D

Comment

Is that the same for all putters you've tried? Maybe if you got the putter bent up by a couple degrees you could ease into a more upright stance.

Comment

man its good to see anthony kim win again! if kim can work on consistency, theres no doubt in my mind he has what it takes to be a dominant player for the next 15-20 years. hopefully this win gets him back to his rookie year success.

masters week....tiger on the course today for his practice round. cant wait for thursday!

Comment

It should be an exciting week!

Any predictions on who's gonna win???

I'm gonna say that Paul Casey finally gets that major win.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                          It should be an exciting week!

Any predictions on who's gonna win???

I'm gonna say that Paul Casey finally gets that major win.
                          im pulling for akim, rory, or sergio but if i were betting on it id guess ogilvy, els, or furyk.

Comment

im pulling for akim, rory, or sergio but if i were betting on it id guess ogilvy, els, or furyk.
                            Els is a good call. He's been playing really well.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I'll be pulling for Sergio Garcia to finally get it like I do in every major tournament.

Comment

Tiger or Ogilvy.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information