No announcement yet.

Usain Bolt is ungodly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its because he is named Bolt, how can a guy with that last name lose?

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
      All time greatest athlete of our lifetime IMO.
      That's a good point. Let's not compare across sports for now, but in track and field, could he be the best ever? He's not just winning every race. He is destroying his competition. It would be like the Steelers playing single A HS football in a weak football state. It just isn't fair. I'm no track history expert, but is there anyone else who's been able to do that? To consistently blow his competition away and set world records? Because he is unreal. And success against the people they're up against is IMO the most important part of cross-era comparisons.

He's competing against people who get the same advantages of training that he does. Obviously in decades past, training was nowhere near the level it's at today, so IMO it's not fair to compare raw time data from different eras to today. But you can certainly compare what is happening against the field. And I've never seen anyone, in any sport do what Bolt is doing.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
        So in 5 years when it comes out that he was juiced up when he did it, will anyone be shocked?
        In track and field they test directly before and after every single event.

Comment

He is an absolute freak.

Him winning the 100m in the Olympic games was my favourite moment of those games and I hope he is there in 2012 to do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
            That's a good point. Let's not compare across sports for now, but in track and field, could he be the best ever? He's not just winning every race. He is destroying his competition. It would be like the Steelers playing single A HS football in a weak football state. It just isn't fair. I'm no track history expert, but is there anyone else who's been able to do that? To consistently blow his competition away and set world records? Because he is unreal. And success against the people they're up against is IMO the most important part of cross-era comparisons.

He's competing against people who get the same advantages of training that he does. Obviously in decades past, training was nowhere near the level it's at today, so IMO it's not fair to compare raw time data from different eras to today. But you can certainly compare what is happening against the field. And I've never seen anyone, in any sport do what Bolt is doing.
            Michael Johnson and Steve Prefontaine are the only two who were as dominant as Bolt was. Johnson was the best 400m runner ever, who could run a 200 just as good. And Prefontaine broke the 2 mile high school record as a senior by 8 seconds. he won 120 of the 153 races he ran and set american records in the 2000 to the 10000 leading up to his tragic death before the 1976 olympics.
            EDIT: There is 7 events between the 2000 and the 10000.
            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
              In track and field they test directly before and after every single event.
              Marion Jones technically never failed a test. But she admitted PED use years after the fact. It's called cycling for a reason. According to the NYT:

"Jamaica does not have an independent, out-of-competition testing program for its athletes, nor has it joined the Caribbean Regional Anti-Doping Organization."

He's a great runner and all, but too many top people have been nailed for doping. The whole sport is rightfully under a cloud of suspicion. For Bolt to come along and completely destroy the competition and shatter world records, well.... I can't help but be suspicious.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/20/sp...l?pagewanted=1

Comment

Until he is proven to have used anything, you have to give him all the credit in the world and assume he's clean. Michael Johnson dominated just like this and I thought he was juiced, but he wasn't.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                  Until he is proven to have used anything, you have to give him all the credit in the world and assume he's clean. Michael Johnson dominated just like this and I thought he was juiced, but he wasn't.
                  yeah and his stride wasnt even that good. usain at least has great technique as well

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                  - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                  - Corner or Wideout in the first
                  - No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Usain as a 19 year old was already the 2nd fastest man on the planet behind Tyson *** and since then he has grown 2 inches, filled out his body, and worked on technique. I never expected him to be this ridiculously fast, but as a 19 year old I knew he would soon be the fastest man on the planet. Everyone in the track world knew this.

Comment

Usain as a 19 year old was already the 2nd fastest man on the planet behind Tyson *** and since then he has grown 2 inches, filled out his body, and worked on technique. I never expected him to be this ridiculously fast, but as a 19 year old I knew he would soon be the fastest man on the planet. Everyone in the track world knew this.
                      you do know that asafa powell was the fastest man at that moment right

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                        Asafa Powell was a bum. He ran near record times in circuit races, but never even placed 2nd in a championship. The best individual medal Powell has ever gotten is a couple of Bronze's in the 100 in a couple world championships including this year. Asafa Powell never has and never will medal individually in an Olympic games. Tyson *** was ranked the top sprinter since early 2006 especially with Justin Gatlin's times being wiped out. I will give Powell credit though for being the best anchor leg runner in the world on relays in the 4x100. Also Asafa only runs the 1.

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                          Im sure he was talking about the 200, because most people in track didnt think Usain could get out of the blocks fast enough for the 1, and Justin Gatlin was also faster than G at that time too.

EDIT: Guess not. I see what he is saying and I agree with STRIP.
                          CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Hah Usain should just try to break the 400m record. He ran a 45.3 when he was 15 years old in a junior tournament and earlier this year ran a 45.5 in Kingston when he decided to run for conditioning after having not trained for it ever. I think with work he could get close to Warriner and maybe Merritt. Still though there is no way he can compete in all 3 so this is very unlikely. Ideally to go for the 400 he would have to drop the 100 and focus on the 2 and 4, but there is no way he will drop the 100 as it's the premier race in all of track and field.

Comment

Hah Usain should just try to break the 400m record. He ran a 45.3 when he was 15 years old in a junior tournament and earlier this year ran a 45.5 in Kingston when he decided to run for conditioning after having not trained for it ever. I think with work he could get close to Warriner and maybe Merritt. Still though there is no way he can compete in all 3 so this is very unlikely. Ideally to go for the 400 he would have to drop the 100 and focus on the 2 and 4, but there is no way he will drop the 100 as it's the premier race in all of track and field.
                              plus, 400 training is a lot more vigoruous than training for the 100. And I might be the Minority that still believe that Jeremy Wariner can beat Wariner at the 2010 world's. He should have never left Clyde Hart though, that was his biggest mistake. I mean since he started training with Ford, he is yet to crack 44, which he was doing in Osaka right before the switch.

Comment

You mean Wariner beating Meritt? But yeah I still think Meritt is a much better runner than him and will now be beating Wariner in every major meet. Merritt is just a stronger runner with better 200 time. Wariner has been smart to get back with Clyde, but I just don't think he has enough strength to ever run down Meritt at the end. Even if he hits it harder in the first 300 he won't have the gas to run him down from behind. It would help him though to have a good semifinal run and start inside of Merritt.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information