Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usain Bolt is ungodly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
    Usain Bolt's 40 time would probably be nothing special. He is a notoriously poor starter and wins his races in the middle third when he gets his stride going. That being said he would probably beat me in a 40 yd sprint
    He beat *** out of the blocks en route to his 9.5. He WAS a notoriously bad starter, but his starts have become a lot better than they once were. I wouldn't call it great on a world-class level, but its not bad at all.
    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


    Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

    Comment


    • #77
      Lol they gave him a chunk of the Berlin wall as a gift for winning.
      .......

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
        Lol they gave him a chunk of the Berlin wall as a gift for winning.
        they do that to all special guests. kinda like a key to the city

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
          they do that to all special guests. kinda like a key to the city
          Oh the irony there in.




          2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

          Comment


          • #80
            On ESPNews, they found out how fast he ran the last 40 yds of his 100m race.
            Keep in mind he was already at top speed but still- he ran it in 2.95 secs. Wow.

            Also, for his 200m- he ran over 22 mph *blink*
            He'd get a ticket if he ran through a school zone
            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
              Usain Bolt's 40 time would probably be nothing special. He is a notoriously poor starter and wins his races in the middle third when he gets his stride going. That being said he would probably beat me in a 40 yd sprint
              You are very much uninformed. Usain Bolt's start is one of his biggest improvements. The only way you can beat him is to get out quicker, if you let him out in front he's gone.

              Did you watch the 100M Final? He destroyed everyone out of the blocks. His start improvements though are the reason he's pretty much unbeatable right now.


              Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

              Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

              Comment


              • #82
                NBC asked "is he the greatest sprinter ever?" during the broadcast, the other day. I'd like to see him take on the 400.

                Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                  You are very much uninformed. Usain Bolt's start is one of his biggest improvements. The only way you can beat him is to get out quicker, if you let him out in front he's gone.

                  Did you watch the 100M Final? He destroyed everyone out of the blocks. His start improvements though are the reason he's pretty much unbeatable right now.
                  I did watch it yes. He did start well but it wasnt anything earth shattering. He has definitely improved since the olympics but it is still his weakness(if you can call anything he does a weakness). My point wasn't in regards to his 100m or 200m ability, it was in regards to a 40 yd dash. It is all about explosion in the first 20 yds, something, probably because he is so tall he isn't as good as he is when he gets started and into his stride.


                  BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    If Calvin Johnson can run a 4.35, let Usain train for it and he'll probably run sub 4.


                    Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      His 40 time would definitely shatter any NFL players 40 time but my point is it's not like his 40 time would be in a different class from other track and field sprinters. His would be one of the best but IMO no doubt Asafa Powell would have a better 40 time because of his explosion out of the blocks and historically great first 50.

                      Sig By:The Dynasty

                      2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                        I did watch it yes. He did start well but it wasnt anything earth shattering. He has definitely improved since the olympics but it is still his weakness(if you can call anything he does a weakness). My point wasn't in regards to his 100m or 200m ability, it was in regards to a 40 yd dash. It is all about explosion in the first 20 yds, something, probably because he is so tall he isn't as good as he is when he gets started and into his stride.
                        And I agree that his start time is really his only weakness, but you said he's a notoriously slow starter, that isn't the case anymore. He's worked on his start time and it's allowed him to become an even better sprinter.

                        Bolt's start times are much better than they used to be and it's resulted in much faster times. In Berlin he had the lead right out of the gate and never looked back.


                        Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                        Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by JLaw45 View Post
                          Here's the video:
                          Pause it at around :55 seconds. He's pulled ahead of the field already and I would say that is around 40-50 yards in.


                          Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                          Originally posted by JBCX
                          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X

                          Debug Information