2009 World Series of Poker Main Event Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 World Series of Poker Main Event Thread

Starts tomorrow. Can't wait for the action. I've kept up with it online since it started so for those that did as well check out the spoiler.

Phil Ivey FTMFW!!!!!!!

Comment

Everyone knows about the November 9. It's not really a spoiler. Frankly, I wish ESPN would give up coverage of all the final tables it doesn't want to show. There are some great poker broadcast potential situations. I would love to see more Stud, Mixed Games, Omaha, etc. I'm also a poker nerd and really appreciate what it takes to win these events.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Since I know the November 9 I really don't want to watch it. I do want to see some of the other games as the previous poster said. I am taking a week off of work next year to participate in some of the early events next year. I plan to spend about 3000-4500 on entry fees and 1200 on travel and expenses(I have about 2500 saved just for the trip, my year end bonus will go to that pool). I have a friend that said I can stay with him so not paying for a place to stay will be a huge savings.
        Last edited by no bare feet; 08-18-2009, 09:19 AM.
        Originally posted by njx9
        i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
          Phil Ivey FTMFW!!!!!!!
          my thoughts also

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
            Everyone knows about the November 9. It's not really a spoiler. Frankly, I wish ESPN would give up coverage of all the final tables it doesn't want to show. There are some great poker broadcast potential situations. I would love to see more Stud, Mixed Games, Omaha, etc. I'm also a poker nerd and really appreciate what it takes to win these events.
            id give anything to see this years HORSE event. kept up online it was crazy good.

ante up for africa? wtf?

Comment

Lol earlier this year me and a friend were having a conversation on how Phil Ivey hasn't done much since winning three bracelets in one year. I told him he was still at the top of the list of poker players, and then he goes and does what he's done so far.

Also, everyone rooting for Ivey, gotta give Jeff Lisandro his props. Three bracelets this year.

Comment

no doubt. Ivey can get 3 this year too.

also, Phil Ivey is on the level of Chuck Norris.

Ivey once signed up for a 10 million dollar SNG. Only one other person signed up.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                  I understand how the rules go, but I'd really love to learn some more about how to play Stud, Omaha, and all of those games. My understanding of Holdem has really increased recently and my friends and I have started to play Omaha at home games since some are far better at Holdem than the rest and it's not as fun to play anymore, but I'd love to learn more about the ins and outs of the other games. Just really not sure where to go for it besides a book and where to practice with serious people without really risking much.

I agree that it kind of sucks that Holdem gets all of the coverage, but at least it helps the other games from exploding. For people who go out there and know how to play the other games I think it gives them a much better shot at doing well.

On topic, I'd love to see Ivy win. Haven't followed it as much as I probably should have but it should be interesting to watch.

Comment

fwiw the chip leader of the Nov. 9 is a Saints fan! he wore that hat every day of the main event.

Comment

man day 1a Lex Veldhius (sp) absolutely murdered the feature table.

Comment

Ivey raises to 14k with 99 and and the last guy to act folds AK of spades because of the bubble. He told Ivey and you should have seen his face. lol.

Also, two guys fold KK preflop because of the bubble.

Comment

Bubble for what? Heads up?

Edit - Just got what you meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
                            fwiw the chip leader of the Nov. 9 is a Saints fan! he wore that hat every day of the main event.

Hopefully he does better than the dude last year with the chip lead going into it, Dennis Phillips, who was diehard St. Louis Cardinals fan, which was cool.

Comment

Dennis Phillips finished third. I don't know how much better you really expected him to do. He also made a super deep run this year. The guy is flat out legit as a poker player.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information