Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Grinds Your Gears Reloaded...Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ugly sorority girls.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
      ugly sorority girls.
      This is why you need a good wing-man.




      2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        Speaking of speed limits.....it drives me insane when people drive below them. I had off Tuesday and Wednesday so I was at home (about 2 hours away) visiting my parents and was coming back Wednesday night to work Thursday.

        Well, I get stuck behind some old guy in an old Ford Bronco driving about 40 the whole way down this back road I take where the speed limit is generally between 45 and 55. There are so few places to pass on that road too which made it even worse.....I had decided I was going to pass him no matter what on the next straight-ish stretch I got when there finally came a little section with dashes where I could pass the guy. I was seething....
        I go to college in a small town. People are completely oblivious of the 10 over rule. 95% of the cars treat the speed limit like it's an actual limit and if they touch it they will go to jail. They also completely ignore me when I'm 3 feet off their bumper, which would be dangerous, but not when they are going 32 in a 35. I'm pretty sure they have no idea about the concepts of changing lanes for the sake of passing someone either. They just drive along like morons talking on their stupid cell phones or whatever.

        Thanks to BK for the sig

        Comment


        • Originally posted by umphrey View Post
          I go to college in a small town. People are completely oblivious of the 10 over rule. 95% of the cars treat the speed limit like it's an actual limit and if they touch it they will go to jail. They also completely ignore me when I'm 3 feet off their bumper, which would be dangerous, but not when they are going 32 in a 35. I'm pretty sure they have no idea about the concepts of changing lanes for the sake of passing someone either. They just drive along like morons talking on their stupid cell phones or whatever.
          I've always heard it's the "6 over" rule here at least. "8 over" in Maryland according to my aunt who lives there.

          I've been doing near 75 on interstate 80 (speed limit 65) and passed cops and they did nothing though.....I guess it just depends on how big of dick the cop feels like being.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
            Yea I don't think you should go for it if it's 4th and 2 or less. Bucs were at falcons one yard line and it was 4th down and they didn't get it. Then the falcons drove 99 yards and got a TD. Bucs should of kicked the FG on that one.
            It's still the right move to go for it. The odds favor the offense and the odds of the opposing team's offense going 99 yards for the TD aren't very good.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
              Speaking of speed limits.....it drives me insane when people drive below them. I had off Tuesday and Wednesday so I was at home (about 2 hours away) visiting my parents and was coming back Wednesday night to work Thursday.

              Well, I get stuck behind some old guy in an old Ford Bronco driving about 40 the whole way down this back road I take where the speed limit is generally between 45 and 55. There are so few places to pass on that road too which made it even worse.....I had decided I was going to pass him no matter what on the next straight-ish stretch I got when there finally came a little section with dashes where I could pass the guy. I was seething....
              OJ STRIKES AGAIN!!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                I've always heard it's the "6 over" rule here at least. "8 over" in Maryland according to my aunt who lives there.

                I've been doing near 75 on interstate 80 (speed limit 65) and passed cops and they did nothing though.....I guess it just depends on how big of dick the cop feels like being.
                I think Wisconsin is different, and people have told me to go a little slower in other states. I never knew if they were serious, or would tell me anything to get me to drive slower, or were warning me that it sucks to get an out of state ticket.

                A couple years ago I read a study that in the past year for all of Wisconsin 3 people got tickets for going 10 or under and 1 person got 5 or under. I'd assume those people got into accidents and somehow the paperwork went through to give them a ticket so they were at fault or something. Or other times people get caught doing something illegal and they say "I'll be nice. You can choose if you want a ticket for going 10 MPH over or reckless driving because you were swerving".

                I used to have a radar detector and I got clocked going 75 in a 65 at least 4 times. Now I set my cruise control on 9 over and ALWAYS drive that exact speed (my car even has a digital speedometer). I'm pretty sure that a ticket for 9 and under is a slap on the wrists and a waste of time for the cop. And since radar guns are accurate to +/- 5% (maybe 3), they can't give you a ticket for going 10-11 over in a 75 because 74 MPH is within the proven margin of error and the fastest they can prove you were going.

                If you ever get pulled over be sure to bring this up, and sound confident like you are 100% sure you know what you are talking about (but courteous and respectful). Also ask to see the gun and ask when it was last calibrated.

                Next time I get a speeding ticket I'm going to try this little bomb shell:
                Demand to see the source code running the radar detector. The assumption is you want to review the code and make sure there aren't any bugs or malicious code. But they won't give it to you. The company that makes radar guns won't make the code public for various reasons (lose money) and even law enforcement can't see it. People have won with this argument before and if you really want to put forth the effort you can research and cite precedent. I'd give it about a 20% chance of working, because it's a big hassle and waste of time for a stupid speeding ticket the judge might just throw it out. Or maybe get him to negotiate a better deal.

                Thanks to BK for the sig

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  I've always heard it's the "6 over" rule here at least. "8 over" in Maryland according to my aunt who lives there.

                  I've been doing near 75 on interstate 80 (speed limit 65) and passed cops and they did nothing though.....I guess it just depends on how sleepy the cop feels like being.
                  fixed......

                  Thanks to BK for the sig

                  Comment


                  • In KC it is "nine your fine, ten your mine."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      In KC it is "nine your fine, ten your mine."
                      I will say that when I got clocked at 75 with the radar detector, I was in my old car and absolutely positive my spedometer said 75. HOWEVER, 4-5 times I drove past those things cops put out to show your speed to get you to slow down. I would make sure I was going exactly 50 or 60 the entire pass, and it would say 46 or 56. So I might have been driving slower than I thought for as long as I had that car.

                      Thanks to BK for the sig

                      Comment


                      • Illinois might be even faster than Wisconsin on the interstates, likely because the speed limit in Illinois is only 55.

                        Between Madison and the Illinois/Wisconsin Border I set the cruise at 79. So i'm going 14 over. Granted I don't believe I've been gunned at that pace, but I still consider it rather safe.

                        In Illinois It's not uncommon to go between 70 and 75 on the interstates, and that's 15-20 over. That's pushing it granted, but 69 is probably pretty safe.

                        You just have to make sure you actually see the cops as you approach in enough time. As far as the guns go... I'd venture a guess that the accuracy of them is better than 5%. I would imagine it would be able to register with +- 1% error. If not, they're doing a rather ****** job of making the guns.


                        Sig by me... Hold the applause.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                          It's still the right move to go for it. The odds favor the offense and the odds of the opposing team's offense going 99 yards for the TD aren't very good.
                          I would hoping you'd catch my sarcasm.

                          Sig by: BK

                          02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                          02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                          02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                          02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                          Originally posted by fenikz
                          we all hate you

                          Comment


                          • I'm almost late everynight for work so I usually go about 95-100 on the highway...usually make it right on time.

                            Comment


                            • I've always heard it's the "6 over" rule here at least. "8 over" in Maryland according to my aunt who lives there.
                              Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              In KC it is "nine your fine, ten your mine."
                              On CA fwys. it's the strength in nos. -- p/o the pack rule. The CHP looks at fwy. traffic by volume, kind of like a NASCAR race.

                              You don't want to be the one that's 2-4 car lengths ahead of the cluster, way too obviously faster than everybody else. Cops always say OK if you're speeding but keeping up with the traffic.

                              Or alone in your car in the commuter lane during peak hrs, that's another story. $275 fine in CA, I've paid it 3 times, once in SoCal & twice here, I'm a commute lane loner scofflaw :--D. They enforce the **** out of it to collect revenue, so why don't they enforce the cellphone talking/texting while driving law? It's a huge fine too

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                                I would hoping you'd catch my sarcasm.
                                Hehe, my bad.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information