What Grinds Your Gears Reloaded...Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
    On CA fwys. it's the strength in nos. -- p/o the pack rule. The CHP looks at fwy. traffic by volume, kind of like a NASCAR race.

You don't want to be the one that's 2-4 car lengths ahead of the cluster, way too obviously faster than everybody else. Cops always say OK if you're speeding but keeping up with the traffic.

Or alone in your car in the commuter lane during peak hrs, that's another story. $275 fine in CA, I've paid it 3 times, once in SoCal & twice here, I'm a commute lane loner scofflaw :--D. They enforce the **** out of it to collect revenue, so why don't they enforce the cellphone talking/texting while driving law? It's a huge fine too
    In talking to a police Lt. who is at my school, they are having trouble making them stick. In other words, you pull me over and say I had my cell-phone up and I say I was scratching. I take it to court and it gets thrown out by the judge. According to the Lt. it has happened more times than you would think. At that point, cops stop pulling you over for it because it isn't worth the paper-work on a ticket that may be tossed out anyway.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
      In talking to a police Lt. who is at my school, they are having trouble making them stick. In other words, you pull me over and say I had my cell-phone up and I say I was scratching. I take it to court and it gets thrown out by the judge. According to the Lt. it has happened more times than you would think. At that point, cops stop pulling you over for it because it isn't worth the paper-work on a ticket that may be tossed out anyway.

Here in CA they can go to court & beat it by saying It was an incoming call, or it was an emergency call. Works every time

Comment

PA doesn't yet have a law like that, but it does seem like something easy as hell to beat.

Same as click it or ticket laws. I wear my seatbelt, but I know lots and lots of people who just don't. If you're about to be pulled over, just put it on quick. I don't see how anyone could be dumb enough to get in trouble for that.

Comment

• you're not allowed to use a cell phone in a school zone, here.

also:
          "Ohio law prohibits texting while driving, but not sexting while driving, so if you gotta do it, attach a dick pic."
          Last edited by Brent; 11-14-2010, 11:15 AM.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• A lot of times I'll change the song on my ipod while driving, it looks just like texting. I'm afraid I'm going to get pulled over for it...

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
              Speaking of speed limits.....it drives me insane when people drive below them. I had off Tuesday and Wednesday so I was at home (about 2 hours away) visiting my parents and was coming back Wednesday night to work Thursday.

Well, I get stuck behind some old guy in an old Ford Bronco driving about 40 the whole way down this back road I take where the speed limit is generally between 45 and 55. There are so few places to pass on that road too which made it even worse.....I had decided I was going to pass him no matter what on the next straight-ish stretch I got when there finally came a little section with dashes where I could pass the guy. I was seething....

This is brutal. One of these one lane roads I drive all the time, people go so ******* slow on it because there is a police station by it, so everyone is consistently 5-10 mph under. Passing those people on the wrong side of the road, and sometimes yelling/giving them the finger and watching their reactions is priceless.

Comment

• I ******* hate when cops drive 5 under the limit and people feel like they shouldn't pass the cop. **** that, if he's going 40 in a 45, good for ******* him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  I ******* hate when cops drive 5 under the limit and people feel like they shouldn't pass the cop. **** that, if he's going 40 in a 45, good for ******* him.
                  I wave to them while I pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    I ******* hate when cops drive 5 under the limit and people feel like they shouldn't pass the cop. **** that, if he's going 40 in a 45, good for ******* him.
                    That is so ******* true. When people see a cop, they slow down twice less the limit. Passing the cop is fun, I love how my mom freaks out when I do it.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                    Originally posted by fenikz
                    we all hate you

Comment

• When my wife has the remote.

Comment

When my wife has the remote.
                        I bet you're bigger than she is. Go get it back.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          No need, I have a TV in our bedroom. Besides it's not worth the mess.

Comment

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by BeerBaron
                            Indeed, CJ. The TV remote is the talisman of the modern marriage signifying the controlling element. My wife's TV in the bdrm has a denser pixel count & hence a better picture, better volume too (probably a bigger speaker). I watch fb games in the living rm. on my HD from ******* Sears.....my lot in life.

If only the remote were pwd-protected (rolls eyes).......nyah -hah-hah!

Comment

• We have more than one TV and more than one remote in our house, but only one vagina. Supply and demand logic dictates I just go to the bedroom and be happy.

Comment

We have more than one TV and more than one remote in our house, but only one vagina. Supply and demand logic dictates I just go to the bedroom and be happy.
                                But having your cake and eating it too logic states that you should take it anyway... to both... ;)
                                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information