No announcement yet.

What Grinds Your Gears Reloaded...Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having J-Mike's eye-opening threads closed for no reason, these are important issues folks!

Comment

• Having your sleep schedule ****** up.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
      02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
      02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
      Originally posted by fenikz
      we all hate you

Comment

• The overuse of the term hater grinds my ******* gears. If you don't think everything about something is the greatest ever, you're labeled a hater. Shut the **** up with this stupid term or learn to use it correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          The overuse of the term hater grinds my ******* gears. If you don't think everything about something is the greatest ever, you're labeled a hater. Shut the **** up with this stupid term or learn to use it correctly.
          why you gotta hate on haters? :D

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
            why you gotta hate on haters? :D
            Does that make me a lover?

Comment

The overuse of the term hater grinds my ******* gears. If you don't think everything about something is the greatest ever, you're labeled a hater. Shut the **** up with this stupid term or learn to use it correctly.
              PEYTON MANNING HATER!!!!!!

Comment

Does that make me a lover?
                I'll always see you as a lover, sir.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Colts homers. I am sick of the excuses being made for Bill Polian.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                    Colts homers. I am sick of the excuses being made for Peyton Manning
                    Fixed it for you.

Comment

Colts homers. I am sick of the excuses being made for Bill Polian.
                      You won't find those on here at least...I never let an opportunity to make a Bill Polian pass me by.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                        Fixed it for you.
                        I am more sick of the irrational Peyton Manning hate. More of that here than excuses for him from what I've seen. And really it's more the irrational overreaction of people who are apparently sick of Manning lovers. I am in a weird middle ground in that Colts fans think I am too negative about Manning but Manning haters think anything positive I say about him is just me being a homer. For whatever reason he is very polarizing and it's pretty stupid.

Comment

I am more sick of the irrational Peyton Manning hate. More of that here than excuses for him from what I've seen. And really it's more the irrational overreaction of people who are apparently sick of Manning lovers. I am in a weird middle ground in that Colts fans think I am too negative about Manning but Manning haters think anything positive I say about him is just me being a homer. For whatever reason he is very polarizing and it's pretty stupid.
                          It's simple. While Tom Brady is as beautiful as a man can be, Peyton Manning looks like a weirdly deformed left testicle. Thus, the irrational hatred towards him

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• For me, I can't stand the constant excuses from the media. It drives me towards the irrational hate side. If someone somewhere would just admit that Peyton is indeed fallible, I'd ease off the attack.

But for as long as the Colts struggles are portrayed as no fault of Mannings, I just want to RAGE when people talk to defend him. It has to be a little his fault...if he gets the credit for winning when has a healthy team around him, he has to be somewhat at fault when they're losing even with the talent decline due to injury. He can have it both ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                              For me, I can't stand the constant excuses from the media. It drives me towards the irrational hate side. If someone somewhere would just admit that Peyton is indeed fallible, I'd ease off the attack.

But for as long as the Colts struggles are portrayed as no fault of Mannings, I just want to RAGE when people talk to defend him. It has to be a little his fault...if he gets the credit for winning when has a healthy team around him, he has to be somewhat at fault when they're losing even with the talent decline due to injury. He can have it both ways.
                              There is some truth to that. Some people do bend over backwards to ensure Manning takes no blame and that is stupid. The truth is somewhere in between the two extremes, as in most things.

Comment

For me, it really has to do with the foo-foo brand of football they play. If Manning had gone to the Steelers and won a gazillion Superbowls with a balanced attack and good defense, he'd probably be amongst my favorite players ever - and I can't stand the Steelers. There's just something disgustingly finesse about him - from his curling up into the fetal position to avoid sacks, the "flinch" Sunday Night, the no-huddle spread, crying for a flag instead of going for the tackle on his pick six...it just represents everything that I hate about football, and that finesse culture has permeated that entire organization. I'm sure that's attributable to both Manning and Polian (especially when you consider the team he built in Buffalo), and I can't stand either one of them.

That's why I've cooled in my Brady worship as well. Since ~06, the Pats tried to be like the Colts: showcase their QB, pad his stats, and play foo-foo football. And guess what? It's led to postseason failures recently. They're finally getting back to having balance and playing to their team's strengths instead of Belichick and Brady trying to prove how awesome they are to everyone.

As you said, how much blame lies with him is between the two extremes. He's not 100% at fault for his postseason failures. I (and the rest of the "haters") try to drill this in, though, because he is given 100% of the accolades when things go right. If he's such a genius for calling his own plays and turning nobodies into perennial 1000 yard receivers, then he should receive a proportional amount of blame when things go wrong, but he never does.
                                Last edited by yourfavestoner; 11-30-2010, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information