What Grinds Your Gears Reloaded...Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    Exactly....we don't need that here. I wouldn't be able to contain myself and would let a certain side of the political situation know how much I'd like to send them all over over a cliff in a flaming bus but it's for the best that we don't talk about....
    Agree BB. Best to stay nonpolitical all things considered. I've seen whole another board where I posted for almost 6 yrs. tank & lose 80% or more of its best longtime posters & completely deteriorate into total crap over uncontrolled political ranting, arguing & venting, but then again its owner converted it after to his personal vanity board anyway. Hey, he's the one who allowed & encouraged those discussions so he shouldn't have condemned any of us for ranting later, once that genie is out of the bottle you know, but that's another story.

Still there are some obvious totally effing outrageous things ongoing out there as Babs said, there's a fullblown Depression happening in his country that was manipulated politically for the benefit for a few megabillioniares & converted us from the richest, #1 most powerful empire in the world to a debtor nation via a stolen election that well could be the tipping point in the decline to fall of the whole frigging empire, but don't get me started. More importantly we're dealing with dbl-digit unemployment & inflation + a dead in the water economy that's causing so many people hurting like never before in all our lifetimes out there & it colors every aspect of life in this society, including FB & the NFL & its draft, so it can't be totally ignored.

The board IMO is supposed to be NFL Draftcentric & it should remain that way, but all I'm saying is there are societal influences that affect FB college & pro & we can & should discuss them without it becoming political soapboxing. I would guess that Scotty, Hallam & the mods feel pretty much the same way & are capable of maintaining that balance in postings here.
    Last edited by LizardState; 12-05-2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MassNole View Post
      Nothing and I mean NOTHING tops Bammer/Barner fans during game week.
      Agree with MN 100%.

Speaking as a Bama alumnus I can say we enjoy the most vicious & venal interstate rivalry in college FB.

The Cam Newton thing this season was the equivalent of lighting a fire under a gas tank & made it even more inflammatory.

Comment

• People who send emails like this to Customer Service really grind my gears:

Dear sirs, I hear y'all talk about "LAKE AFFECT SNOW" all the time. I live down south in lower Alabama,south west to be exact. My question to you is when the weather is right and the wind blows from the NW,are we getting "BAY AFFECT SNOW"..? It will snow like all getout east of here, but right on the water, nothing. It will snow from 98 east all the way to P'cola and down south..!
        WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO??? It's not going to snow in Alabama or Pensacola. Idiots in the world today.....

Comment

• That's like the most ghetto customer service email I've ever read. haha

I'm sure you had plenty of those.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
          02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
          02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
          02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
          Originally posted by fenikz
          we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
            That's like the most ghetto customer service email I've ever read. haha

I'm sure you had plenty of those.
            You are very correct...that isn't even the worst one I've seen. I've literally seen ones where people ask us to change the weather. Like they don't want rain...please don't give them rain.

DID YOU PEOPLE NOT ******* GRADUATE 2ND GRADE????? DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW THE WEATHER WORKS???

And like....I don't even think the worst ones are pranks or anything like that. The fact that people that stupid breathe the same air I do on this planet just isn't fair.

Comment

• I have a question, do you ever get car wash owners bitching at you for predicting rain?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                I have a question, do you ever get car wash owners bitching at you for predicting rain?
                Haven't gotten that one yet, though with as many stupid people who call and email here, I'm sure it's only a matter of time...

Comment

• It's still not a bad job though. You are just sitting behind a desk.

we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                    It's still not a bad job though. You are just sitting behind a desk.
                    About 50% of the time I'm on here, or Facebook or reading football articles or looking up various things on Wikipedia....then the other 50% of the time I'm balls to the wall busy as all hell trying to send important clients to the right people and having people upset with me for things I have no control over (like our Radar being broken....how is that possibly my fault? I totally ******* sabotaged the radar...yep....that's why it doesn't show any snowfall close enough to Binghampton NY for your liking....it was all me.....)

And then it'll get quiet again. It's a good job for someone with ADD....that's just not me, lol

Comment

• So you work 50% of the time, and get paid for 100%. I'll take it.

we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        Haven't gotten that one yet, though with as many stupid people who call and email here, I'm sure it's only a matter of time...
                        when I took weather & climate in college, my professor was a local weatherman on TV, he said he got that call all the time.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Cheap notebooks and their awful perforation.

Comment

• People who call Mario "Mary-O"

Comment

• The NFL taking the hitting out of football.

Comment

• When at a fast food place, or any place in general, where you are given a number and you need to wait to have your number called to be served.

Why do people show up with like 7 people ahead of them, get their number like 59, then despite knowing there are a bunch of people that were there before them, and hearing/seeing that they are only on number 8 (compared to your 59) do they then stand right at the counter where people need to pick up their food? Like is waiting right there going to make your food come any faster? You see everyone else waiting back to give people space to move/pickup their order, why do you just post up at the counter. Stop being a jackass/moron and gtfo of the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information