What Grinds Your Gears Reloaded...Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
    people who can't accept the fact that they need to grow up and embrace adulthood.
    Hell yeah. I have a buddy who looks like hes just gonna live with his parents forever. Sign up for some damn classes, your 8-12 hours a week of work aren't gonna do anything for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
      This is true. It's either way too hard, or way too easy.

I only play it on exhibition mode now. I do 5 rounds, random division, on the hardest level. Then I do random fighters and challenge myself to beat the guy they give me. It's fun.
      I do a lot of the Championship mode stuff. I'll use my favourite fighter in the division and play on the 3rd difficulty. I usually win those but occasionally some BS reversal happens or I get subbed out of nowhere.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
        I do a lot of the Championship mode stuff. I'll use my favourite fighter in the division and play on the 3rd difficulty. I usually win those but occasionally some BS reversal happens or I get subbed out of nowhere.
        That's another thing that grinds my gears. Ok I understand submissions happen, but why am I having to ******* turn the analog stick. It's so uncomfortable and it ***** up my controller. My friend was doing it too much and he got a hole in his hand, lol. I really wish they change that.

I understand if they do the tapping button thing, there will probably be a lot of modded controllers online, but ******* innovate.

I loved how in the 2009 game, you could punch your way out.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
        Originally posted by fenikz
        we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
          Young people with a dubious accent mark in their 1st names, probably to draw attention to themselves grinds my gears.

Last night at an event in SF I met a 20-something girl wearing a HELLO -- MY NAME IS sticker named BRANDI with an inexplicable accent mark (') over the I.

I wanted to poke her nametag & ask "Really?" or "Did you add that or did your parents have a thing about punctuation ?" but I would've been arrested for harassment, assault, etc.

If you're Nordic or German & have an umlaut over a vowel in your name you get a pass.
          With all those beers you had it's a wonder you could read the name tag at all. Just kidding of course. (sort of)

Comment

• Having a light sensitivity really grinds my gears.

It snowed a few inches last night and then was hellishly sunny today, and of course, I misplaced my sunglasses since I last needed them months ago. It was soooo bright out from the snow reflecting the sun...ugh.

So I got to work with a headache, and it's lasted all night, and now has gotten so bad it's starting to make my stomach hurt. I imagine this is similar to what people who get migraines feel like, and it is ******* miserable.

Two more hours to go....

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
              People that don't take care of there movies/games disks and they get all scratched up , I mean how hard is it to put it in the case?
              I have to scrub my audio CDs with isopropyl alcohol to clean them b/c off all the fluff & crap that gets on them & gum them up (mostly from playing in my vehicle, road crap & all that). I feel redeemed as a human being when I play music by maintaining the sound quality.

I have my cheapass Target CD minisystem player in my den, a room with the rolltop desk & a bookcase full of CDs & they're all categorized in gnats-ass precise order, dammit:
              • British rock on its own shelf, God bless the Stones, the tail end of the 1969 Beatles, the Who & the genius that is Peter Townsend...
                Dylan & the folky stuff together (have to have The Band in there with Bobby Zimmerman!!),
                American on it's own shelf,
                compilations (Sedated In the 80s, best 80s collections EVER! -- Motown, even an Extreme Classics, disco (vol. 1) & a goth compilation in there, + an elevator muzak easy listening (bought myself a Herb Alpert & the Tijuana brass for Xmas, eat it you purists!) collection with Ricky Nelson & Burt Bachrach & even Randy Newman & Bruce Hornsby, wish I had some Sinatra in my old age...
                And recent stuff, with the ladies on their own mini-shelf (Blondie, Go-Gos, Bangles, the late great Dusty Springfield...)

but if I drink this incredibly extravagant & wonderful Kentucky sippin' whiskey & Trumer Pils beer while listening to it on the headphones (the 2 events are pretty much mandatory together for me) one or 2-3 loose CDs always end up out there without their containers & it take months to put them in the appropriate jewel boxes.

I boy a lot of empty jewel boxes & it really grinds my gear b/c I break their heap plastic hinges.....

Categorization & maintaining order in one's possessions & life is a real *****.
              Last edited by LizardState; 02-23-2011, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• I don't understand why people would still have cds? You can rip lossless versions of them and not need stupid CDs or risk them being scratched, or if you don't have a sound system/headphones that are good enough for it to matter, like 99% of the population, you can rip a lot less that lossless.

If you care about quality and want to look cool by having a collection that takes up space you'd buy vinyl anyway!

So yeah, I don't get owning CDs anymore, they just take up valuable space!

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• My parents still use CDs....I used CDs up until the Christmas before last when I got my iPod and a radio tuner thing to listen to it in my car.

Comment

• Hearing that stupid phrase they use on ESPN...

"Not now, but right now"

What the hell does that even mean?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• 8 am classes.

Don't say "I have work at 7 am that's worse bleeeeeeeh." You can show up to work and be tired. You can't show up to class tired (well that is unless you're an english major).

Comment

• Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                        8 am classes.

Don't say "I have work at 7 am that's worse bleeeeeeeh." You can show up to work and be tired. You can't show up to class tired (well that is unless you're an english major).
                        I was a Comm major and I'm pretty sure all of the professors were as lazy as we were....Comm classes typically didn't start before 9:30, and then only on Tuesday and Thursdays....so many afternoon classes. It was awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          I was a Comm major and I'm pretty sure all of the professors were as lazy as we were....Comm classes typically didn't start before 9:30, and then only on Tuesday and Thursdays....so many afternoon classes. It was awesome.
                          AAAAUGGHHHHH!!! I am tired and pissed off and I jealously hate every person who has an easy minor!!

Comment

• I show up to class half asleep every morning. And it's a math class making it that much more necessary (and difficult) to concentrate.

Comment

• Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                              You can't show up to class tired (well that is unless you're an english major).
                              don't be foolish, english classes dont start before 10:30 AM

unless it's a freshman-level comp. class.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• My car doesn't have an aux input so I have to deal with CDs still.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information