Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Grinds Your Gears Reloaded...Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by prock View Post
    People that never answer their phones. Don't have a ******* phone if you don't ever plan on answering it.
    I had it happen a lot while in college I'd call someone, they wouldn't answer, then like 5 seconds later the text me back asking "what?"

    Just answer the phone. If I needed to tell you something small and textable, I would have done that. But when I call, it's usually something more complicated that I need to actually say.

    Comment


    • Slow-ass drivers in both lanes staying directly parallel with no one in front of them. It's like they're car buddies or something.

      Generally anyone going below the speed limit. People that act like the rain instantly freezes into ice on the road. People that sit at stop signs to let you go first even though they have the right away.

      Parking cops. Gas prices.


      When being a fanboi goes too far.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by prock View Post
        People that never answer their phones. Don't have a ******* phone if you don't ever plan on answering it.
        Sounds like my daughter, i tell her i could be lying on the floor having a heart attack and she just chuckles.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by prock View Post
          People that never answer their phones. Don't have a ******* phone if you don't ever plan on answering it.
          I turn my phone off and put it in my desk at school many times. I won't check it until the end of the day, at which time, I could have missed several calls.




          2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Babylon View Post
            Sounds like my daughter, i tell her i could be lying on the floor having a heart attack and she just chuckles.
            I always answer my parents and grandma when I can....I always feel guilty if I don't...like what if it was something important like that? I'd feel terrible.

            Usually it's not and they just need me to explain a movie to them or help them fix their computer....but still. It could be important one day.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
              I turn my phone off and put it in my desk at school many times. I won't check it until the end of the day, at which time, I could have missed several calls.
              Yes, but you are an oldman. Whole different ballgame than with college students

              Comment


              • As somebody who chooses not to answer his phone often, what grinds my gears are guys who want to have casual conversation or talk about sports over the phone for 20 minutes. **** that, that's for if we're already hanging out, not if you're lounging by yourself and feeling bored.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  I always answer my parents and grandma when I can....I always feel guilty if I don't...like what if it was something important like that? I'd feel terrible.

                  Usually it's not and they just need me to explain a movie to them or help them fix their computer....but still. It could be important one day.
                  Sounds close to home. My son will keep his phone on in case the grandparents or mom and i call, of course he is the oldest. My daughter is very responsible but just cut from a differant cloth i guess. Her response to everything is "Oh dad"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    I had it happen a lot while in college I'd call someone, they wouldn't answer, then like 5 seconds later the text me back asking "what?"

                    Just answer the phone. If I needed to tell you something small and textable, I would have done that. But when I call, it's usually something more complicated that I need to actually say.
                    It's possible that person isn't in a situation where answering the phone is practical or acceptable, but texting is. Class is an example. If someone calls me while I'm in class, or in another situation where answering isn't possible, I might text and ask "what" to make sure it's important.


                    Sig by me... Hold the applause.

                    Comment


                    • You know what really grinds my gears? People who read something in this thread, and think "What? I do that all the time." Then post some kind of justification to the presented gear grinding issue.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                        It's possible that person isn't in a situation where answering the phone is practical or acceptable, but texting is. Class is an example. If someone calls me while I'm in class, or in another situation where answering isn't possible, I might text and ask "what" to make sure it's important.
                        That is something I've considered before, but at 9 o'clock at night when your trying to make party plans or something? I've sat next to one of the worst offenders before when she's gotten a call...lets it ring until the person hangs up...then immediately texts them. She just doesn't talk to people on the phone, only texts. And quite often, it's hard to give complex information to someone in like a brief text.

                        Comment


                        • I check my phone almost all the time. I rarely have missed calls and when I sleep I leave my phone on loud.

                          I used to keep it on alarm when I went to sleep and I was supposed to call my dad when I got to school after I left the house. I forgot and I woke up to 6 missed calls. My dad woke up in the morning and didn't get a call, thought something happened and drove all the way to my dorm which is a 45 minute drive.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                            I check my phone almost all the time. I rarely have missed calls and when I sleep I leave my phone on loud.

                            I used to keep it on alarm when I went to sleep and I was supposed to call my dad when I got to school after I left the house. I forgot and I woke up to 6 missed calls. My dad woke up in the morning and didn't get a call, thought something happened and drove all the way to my dorm which is a 45 minute drive.
                            I think you need to talk with them about personal space.

                            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                            Comment


                            • Wow dude....unless they call me or I need something, I go weeks sometimes without talking to my parents, especially when I was in school.

                              A morningly thing though?

                              Comment


                              • I don't think you understand. I went home for the weekend and I was supposed to call once I got back to the dorm just so they knew I got there safely. I left at like 10 PM. My dad went to bed and when he woke up to no voicemail or missed call, he called me but my phone was off. He couldn't get in the dorm so when I called him he already drove home. It was definitely weird and I told him he shouldn't have driven all the way out here.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information