Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Grinds Your Gears Reloaded...Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It grinds my gears when you post something thought out and insightful looking for outside opinions in a thread only to have it be forgotten and ignored by idiots bickering about something dumb and unimportant in the same thread.

    Comment


    • Modern cellphone etiquette

      Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
      I turn my phone off and put it in my desk at school many times. I won't check it until the end of the day, at which time, I could have missed several calls.
      CJ, when you start class do you tell them to turn their phones off? Does your school take them when the enter in the morning?

      I've heard church services have to tell parishioners to turn off phones before services now, standard p/o of the opening.

      Yes, but you are an oldman. Whole different ballgame than with college students
      They make them turn off phones in class too. Maybe should hand over ipods too or anything with earphones (prevents cheating on tests).

      Comment


      • If they are dumb enough to use headphones to cheat on a test they definitely deserve to get caught.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by LizardState View Post

          They make them turn off phones in class too. Maybe should hand over ipods too or anything with earphones (prevents cheating on tests).
          I'm convinced that students who want to cheat will always find a way..no matter how clever the professor gets.

          I've seen people print of "water bottle cheatsheets" where you put notes into where the nutrition facts and ingredients on a bottled beverage normally would be and you just set it on your desk during the test. Impossible to notice unless you pick it up and look right at it.

          I also had a professor for couple different classes and he liked pop quizzes. He would let us know "possible quiz subjects" at the end of class which were things from the reading due before the next class. Well, people started making like, coded cheat sheets along the left hand column of their notebooks right up against the metal spirals in really small print. Then, when it came time to tear out the page to hand in, they'd do it along the perforation leaving the cheatsheet still in their notebook. He found this out from a student who complained and started handing out sheets of colored paper for quizzes, different colors for each class to boot to prevent this.

          Then people started realizing that if he wasn't carrying any random colored paper, he wasn't going to give a quiz that day, so if you had his class in the the 3rd section in the afternoon, you could scope him out walking between classes before the first sections and see if he was carrying any paper...if not, you could stop studying.


          Anyway....students who want to cheat will always find a way. I'm sure of it.

          Comment


          • NCAA '11 ******* grinds my gears.

            On offense, it's drop, drop, drop, drop, drop, circus catch, drop, drop, drop, drop, drop, circus catch, drop, drop, drop, drop, drop. Control the left tackle on a power left play, smash the RE and the computer makes the running back stand flat-footed in the backfield for five seconds and then run to the right for a six-yard loss. Somehow, some way, defensive tackles are as fast as Denard Robinson. Also, scrambling either way with your QB? Well, we'll just make him run almost parallel to the LOS as he's running so he never ******* runs forward, even if there are 30 yards of open field ahead of him. Try to throw a touch pass 20 yards downfield with a linebacker five yards away from you? Oh, sorry, that linebacker, along with every other CPU-controlled LB, has a 981-inch vertical and swats everything down. Read the zone-read correctly and pull the ball as the DE crashes? No problem- that scrub DE on Indiana somehow can reverse field and catch Denard for a five-yard loss.

            Defensively...the pass rush never, ever, EVER gets to the ******* QB. Defensive backs drop everything. Quarterbacks escape sacks like they're Michael ******* Vick. Quarterbacks always somehow seem to get rid of the ball to launch a perfect spiral 50 yards downfield into triple coverage (which the wide receiver always brings down) as they're getting their **** rocked by a 300-pound DT. 3rd and 15? No problem. You're not getting off the field.

            A punt return of over 10 yards? Keep dreaming. A blocked kick or punt? Get the **** out of here.

            I'm good at this game, but it ******* drives me nuts.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LizardState View Post
              CJ, when you start class do you tell them to turn their phones off? Does your school take them when the enter in the morning?
              The rule is no electronic devices allowed on campus (MP3 player, DS, etc) If I see one of those, I can take it. If the kid is a jerk about the situation, I always take it and turn it in.

              Long story made-short, they can have a cell-phone on them, but not have it out using it, or in a mode to receive messages. If it goes off in class, I tell them to take it out and turn it off; they can check it later. If I catch them using it, I take it from them and tell them their attitude determines how quickly they get it back. I have the right to turn it in to the office. They usually act so perfect that I give it back.




              2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                NCAA '11 ******* grinds my gears.

                On offense, it's drop, drop, drop, drop, drop, circus catch, drop, drop, drop, drop, drop, circus catch, drop, drop, drop, drop, drop. Control the left tackle on a power left play, smash the RE and the computer makes the running back stand flat-footed in the backfield for five seconds and then run to the right for a six-yard loss. Somehow, some way, defensive tackles are as fast as Denard Robinson. Also, scrambling either way with your QB? Well, we'll just make him run almost parallel to the LOS as he's running so he never ******* runs forward, even if there are 30 yards of open field ahead of him. Try to throw a touch pass 20 yards downfield with a linebacker five yards away from you? Oh, sorry, that linebacker, along with every other CPU-controlled LB, has a 981-inch vertical and swats everything down. Read the zone-read correctly and pull the ball as the DE crashes? No problem- that scrub DE on Indiana somehow can reverse field and catch Denard for a five-yard loss.

                Defensively...the pass rush never, ever, EVER gets to the ******* QB. Defensive backs drop everything. Quarterbacks escape sacks like they're Michael ******* Vick. Quarterbacks always somehow seem to get rid of the ball to launch a perfect spiral 50 yards downfield into triple coverage (which the wide receiver always brings down) as they're getting their **** rocked by a 300-pound DT. 3rd and 15? No problem. You're not getting off the field.

                A punt return of over 10 yards? Keep dreaming. A blocked kick or punt? Get the **** out of here.

                I'm good at this game, but it ******* drives me nuts.
                It definitely has some rough parts. It's still a really good game though. Tweak your sliders some. Nothing can be done about the high jumping LBers, but the rest isn't that terrible.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                  NCAA '11 ******* grinds my gears.

                  On offense, it's drop, drop, drop, drop, drop, circus catch, drop, drop, drop, drop, drop, circus catch, drop, drop, drop, drop, drop. Control the left tackle on a power left play, smash the RE and the computer makes the running back stand flat-footed in the backfield for five seconds and then run to the right for a six-yard loss. Somehow, some way, defensive tackles are as fast as Denard Robinson. Also, scrambling either way with your QB? Well, we'll just make him run almost parallel to the LOS as he's running so he never ******* runs forward, even if there are 30 yards of open field ahead of him. Try to throw a touch pass 20 yards downfield with a linebacker five yards away from you? Oh, sorry, that linebacker, along with every other CPU-controlled LB, has a 981-inch vertical and swats everything down. Read the zone-read correctly and pull the ball as the DE crashes? No problem- that scrub DE on Indiana somehow can reverse field and catch Denard for a five-yard loss.

                  Defensively...the pass rush never, ever, EVER gets to the ******* QB. Defensive backs drop everything. Quarterbacks escape sacks like they're Michael ******* Vick. Quarterbacks always somehow seem to get rid of the ball to launch a perfect spiral 50 yards downfield into triple coverage (which the wide receiver always brings down) as they're getting their **** rocked by a 300-pound DT. 3rd and 15? No problem. You're not getting off the field.

                  A punt return of over 10 yards? Keep dreaming. A blocked kick or punt? Get the **** out of here.

                  I'm good at this game, but it ******* drives me nuts.
                  I definitely agree with a lot of these.

                  Why does 40 OVR FCS West QB #12 have such great poise that he can stand in the pocket and throw a perfect strike while getting destroyed by Mike Martin. Even if you jump the snap, the QB almost always gets the ball out with no problem. The only time I ever get sacks is if it's one of the two plays per game that my defense has perfect coverage or if I send the blind side CB on a blitz. My biggest problem with the game though is the corner backs who swat my passes away 40 yards down field without even turning their heads. How do they always know exactly when the ball is coming if they aren't even looking at it?

                  Comment


                  • Sounds like you guys are playing on the All-Madden equivalent. Something I learned in years of playing was that the highest difficulty makes it unrealistically difficult.

                    If you want more realistic, play on the next setting down but adjust the sliders for more difficulty. That gets rid of ****** players thrashing your team....70 overall speed backs breaking your pro bowl linebackers tackles and such. Very annoying.

                    Comment


                    • 3.80 at the pump today and record profits for the oil companies. Their motto should be, "bend over and i'll drive you home"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                        3.80 at the pump today and record profits for the oil companies. Their motto should be, "bend over and i'll drive you home"
                        It's $3.99 in my hometown. Luckily I live in a poor neighborhood.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                          It's $3.99 in my hometown. Luckily I live in a poor neighborhood.
                          California always pays the most, that's what you get for being on the coast i guess.

                          Wish the Vette got better mileage around town, it's great on a trip (usually average about 27 per) but it drops significantly in stop and go traffic.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                            California always pays the most, that's what you get for being on the coast i guess.

                            Wish the Vette got better mileage around town, it's great on a trip (usually average about 27 per) but it drops significantly in stop and go traffic.
                            Oh yeah I forgot you're the Corvette guy!

                            I know! it's almost a 10 mpg difference.

                            Comment


                            • Bonus and raise time at my company. Got $0 bonus ($7500 target) and $0 raise. Gas and food prices are going up, and I'm making the same.



                              I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by njx9
                                i hate summer (or summer lead-up) gas prices. someday, colorado will build a functional mass transit system and i can stop having a car.
                                Summer season coming raise the gas prices, trouble in Tripoli raise the gas prices, more cars on the road in China raise the prices.

                                I love driving my car (one of the few real pleasures i have in life) so i'd probably pay whatever but i feel bad for the poor slobs that rely on their car to make a living.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information