What Grinds Your Gears Reloaded...Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
    Also, kind of similar, but when a system is upgraded, and people see it's different and automatically complain that they don't have access to do things they could before or that the system took away the ability to do things. No, you're just too lazy or stupid to take 5 minutes to play around with the new system to figure things out. And then I have to take 30 mins explaining to you how I found out how to do it in 2 minutes, and you still can't figure it out.
    All people everyone do that. "It's different! I hate it!"

We (my company) recently changed our international website to make it look like our US site (which is a hell of a lot better) but took an assload of calls for the next week from all of these foreign people complaining about it. The new site had far more info in a cleaner, crisper set up but nooooooooo...it was a change and people HATE change.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      All people everyone do that. "It's different! I hate it!"

We (my company) recently changed our international website to make it look like our US site (which is a hell of a lot better) but took an assload of calls for the next week from all of these foreign people complaining about it. The new site had far more info in a cleaner, crisper set up but nooooooooo...it was a change and people HATE change.
      Oh, I figure it's like that all over. And not to be an age-ist because CJ is the ish, but it's usually middle-aged/old people that hate the change. Look, I know being the younger generation and having grown up all around computers makes me more accustomed to using/figuring things out on one. But to just not even try or act like somehow this upgrade/change purposely got rid of a feature just to make things harder on 99% of users is really annoying. It took me about 15 minutes to figure out the basics of this system I had no previous knowledge of, and about 10 of those minutes was waiting while the internet was acting up.

On top of that, we work with about 20 different banks, so when a bank changes their online system, people ***** to us saying they don't have this or that, or we can't do this anymore. And while we're a good size company and growing really fast, we are nowhere near the size of like Coke or Sony or what have you, our employees expect us to call our guy at the bank and demand they redo their system to fit our needs. It's ridiculous.

I'll tell you what the opposite of grinding my gears (greasing my gears?) is: my boss telling me to leave at 2 because there's nothing to do. Get to go home to play with my pup outside in this beautiful weather + not having to listen to stupidity at least for another 18 hours = success.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
        they were crying? did they know her personally? do they think she contributed anything to society? i'm actually curious what goes through these people's heads.

try flying on an airplane every week. these people think that because they were somehow, against all odds, able to procreate (i mean, i know it's a unique ability in the human species), that i should give in to anything and everything they ask for. the seat i booked? their kid wants it. the alcohol i just bought? how could i drink that while i'm their child?! blech.
        right.

See this is why society has gotten soft, I should be allowed to punish my kid if he acts up. By that I mean slap him. I grew up under the hand, I turned out fine, a little slap here and there can't hurt. All these people now and their i don't think you should do that to the child, i'm calling child services, blech.

Comment

• Crazy bitches grind my gears.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            Crazy bitches grind my gears.
            You are a magnet for crazy bitches.

Comment

• I reallllllllllly am.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                right.

See this is why society has gotten soft, I should be allowed to punish my kid if he acts up. By that I mean slap him. I grew up under the hand, I turned out fine, a little slap here and there can't hurt. All these people now and their i don't think you should do that to the child, i'm calling child services, blech.
                Yup, I never got more than spankings when I ****** up as a kid, and that plus taking things away from me were enought to keep me in line.

But today, even the tiniest physical contact = child abuse and people freak out. It's one thing if you are like 200+ lbs and beating the **** out of your 70 lbs kid. The one thing (just my belief) is that you shouldn't do it out in public, it should be handled privately. But unless it's a guy beating the crap out of his kid, I don't care how you discipline your kids as long as it doesn't affect me or seriously hurt them.

Comment

• ****, when i was in elementary our principal had permission to spank us. He had a wooden paddle, too. We were all scared to death of getting spanked so that kept us in line. ******* wimpy kids these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                    ****, when i was in elementary our principal had permission to spank us. He had a wooden paddle, too. We were all scared to death of getting spanked so that kept us in line. ******* wimpy kids these days.
                    This is not Mexico. I think in India they stopped doing this as well, though it might still happen in some parts, idk I was born here.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                      This is not Mexico. I think in India they stopped doing this as well, though it might still happen in some parts, idk I was born here.
                      LOL. Silly kids. This was in the Mission CISD of Mission, Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                        LOL. Silly kids. This was in the Mission CISD of Mission, Texas.
                        Pretty much Mexico. You're not fooling anyone.
                        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• MS is definitely from Mexico.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• MetSox17....hmmm more like MS13, couldn't make it into the 13, so he started his own gang. Watch out guys you might get stabbed, lets back away slowly.

Comment

• I've been to his hometown. It's Mexico except you will on occasion bump into some people that speak English as their 1st language.
                              When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• What grinds my gears, ******* injuries. Little irritating and stupid **** that makes you look like a ***** if you whinge about it but combined make you feel absolutely ******* awful.
                                Last edited by UKfan; 02-20-2012, 04:53 PM.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information