X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
    60 is still a fail in America. LOL
    False.

60% is still a D-, which is technically passing. Granted, this is without any type of curves.

So here's what grinds my gears. MLB The Show.

I have 09 The Show and have had a Road to The Show going since I bought the game. I was drafted by the Dbacks, traded while in the minors of my first year to the Jays. Spent my 2nd year in the minors. My 3rd year I started for the Jays at 2B. I had a 4 year contract, so meaning I only have 2 years left. I go through my 2 years, thinking I'll get to sign with someone else in the offseason because the Jays are ******* terrible.

Wrong. Since it was my rookie contract, I wasn't eligible to sign with anyone for my first "real" contract other than the Jays. Fine. I sign a 2 year contract because they refuse to give me a 1 year. In those 2 years, I average 34 HRs, 125+ RBI, 60 SBs, .380 average. I don't win the MVP either year because the Jays are awful. We are top 5 in every offensive category, so we should have winning records both years right? Nope. We are bottom 5 in every pitching category.

Cool, whatever, my contracts up idc. Go into the offseason. Finally, I can sign with another team, right? Wrong. Jays offer me arbitration that I have to take. Sim the next year, bat .340 with 32 HRs and 132 RBI. Ok, fine, off season I'll sign with someone else, right? Wrong. Jays offer me arbitration again, which I have to take, again.

So in 6 years, I have probably average 30 HRs, 120+ RBI, and 50 SBs. Not only have I not won a single MVP, but we never made the playoffs. Not once in 6 years. I ask for a trade every chance I get, and the team says they don't think it's a good idea. I ask for one about 4-5 times a year. The game will not let me leave the god forsaken Toronto Blue Jays.

Sorry for the rant, and I know it's just a video game. But this pissed me off today to no end.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
      Sorry for the rant, and I know it's just a video game. But this pissed me off today to no end.
      kill your digital self.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post

At least you're in Canada.

Comment

• A 60 is not a passing grade here. You need a C to pass, and that's including minus grades, so a C- isn't a passing grade (not as sure about that, but I know that's true in one class). Ultimately we're talking about a 73 as being the bottom.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Where are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
              Where are you?
              in your head, in your he-eee-ad, zombie zombie zombie-e-e

yes, I just made that reference.

also, I am continually upset when even the "nerdy" kids in my classes dont know my star wars references.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post

also, I am continually upset when even the "nerdy" kids in my classes dont know my star wars references.
                You need to take a couple of hours of your class time for proper education and show them those movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  in your head, in your he-eee-ad, zombie zombie zombie-e-e
                  Nothing wrong with the cranberries.

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but It grinds my gears when certain celebs are on TV for charity and stuff like that. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort for the people who need it and all and I see that they have the influence to get donations and such... But I don't see how they can really do that when they live in 20 million dollar houses and blow millions on a damn necklace.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
                    You need to take a couple of hours of your class time for proper education and show them those movies.
                    When I taught 7th grade English, we were required to teach a unit on the sci-fi genre. I let my class watch Star Wars to demonstrate the use of archetypal characters.....and I was applauded by the parish English content supervisor.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Sweetest Day? ...How about Single's Liberation Day.

Comment

• Eli Manningisch:

I am at the University of Florida.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• When I ask for no ice in my god damn mountain dew and I get a cup at least half full of ice.

Comment

• This is also opposite of grind my gears but:

When I wake up in the mourning and see i have 20 more minutes before my alarm clock rings. Best feeling in the world!!

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                            02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                            02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                            02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                            Originally posted by fenikz
                            we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                              When I ask for no ice in my god damn mountain dew and I get a cup at least half full of ice.
                              amen. I'm pretty much anti-ice. If it's already cold, who the **** needs ice?

by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• For sure, just not with mountain dew.

The worst is when I ask for no ice at a place where they fill it up right in front of me. And 4 seconds later I hear the cup being shoved into a pool of ice. And then I rush to tell them they ****** up before they pour the whole drink in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information