No announcement yet.

What Grinds Your Gears Reloaded...Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there is already a **** load of water in the mountain dew and with ice you get even much more ripped off. They make so much money with the soft drinks, it's crazy.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
    Originally posted by fenikz
    we all hate you

Comment

• I always get a **** ton of ice because nothing sucks more than a room temperature soda.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
        I always get a **** ton of ice because nothing sucks more than a room temperature soda.
        I hate room temperature soda, that's why I always microwave mine for a few minutes.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
        02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
        02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
        Originally posted by fenikz
        we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
          I hate room temperature soda, that's why I always microwave mine for a few minutes.
          Wait...what?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• I hate that the two chinese/japenese resturaunts and the only mexican resturaunt within 50 miles of me give me the craps.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
              When I ask for no ice in my god damn mountain dew and I get a cup at least half full of ice.
              Yeah I know, makes you want to order only from fast food places with self serve drinks where you control the amount of ice. If you're a Mtn. Dew freak & you're going for the caffeine buzz & boost, get it from a bottle, the soda guns have too much gas in those cheap bubbles -- caffeine buzzkill.

Same thing with any cocktail. 1st lesson learned in bartending 101: rocks are cheap, booze is not. Bars boost their profits per drink by 20% or more by overloading with ice. Smart drinkers (& all hardcore alkies) know the magic words when ordering: Light rocks, the phrase that follows the drink order, like Margarita on the rocks, & light rocks.... words to live by. Those computerized premixed drinks like they have in Vegas, etc. grind my gears, they take all the glamor out of drinking in bars & bartending (& your nightly take home by diminishing tips). Grinds my gears when opulent upscale bars with mega-expensive libations skimp on the alcohol by loading the drinks up with cheap-ass ice cubes.

In your he-he-eee-ad, in your he-eee-ad, zombie, zombie, zombie-e-e......

It's the same old thing
              Since 1916
              in your head, in your head they are fighting.....
              My fave Cranberries song!! Appropriate for this upcoming time of yr..... March 17th-St. Pattie's Day & Easter, for the Irish Easter Rebellion of 1916.
              That song is about how all the Irish families, Catholic & Protestant, have had it with the Troubles.... so they became zombies. Just one interpretation, the Irish-Americans among you will take heed b/c you will have to explain it to non-Fenians on 3/17 every yr.

I always crank up the Chieftains album with Sinead O'Connor singing the Foggy Dew in that weird witchy voice of hers, the clink of shot glasses full of Jameson & "Fook the Queen!" toasts heard throughout the land, good times.... :-)

Come to think of it, Bad Queen Bess the 2nd & the whole worthless anachronistic British Royal Family grinds my gears, & I'm only about half Irish. Not the best 50 parts of a hundred, I'm the 1st to admit that, but still.....
              Last edited by LizardState; 02-13-2010, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                Same thing with any cocktail. 1st lesson learned in bartending 101: rocks are cheap, booze is not. Bars boost their profits per drink by 20% or more by overloading with ice. Smart drinkers (& all hardcore alkies) know the magic words when ordering: Light rocks, the phrase that follows the drink order, like Margarita on the rocks, & light rocks.... words to live by. Those computerized premixed drinks like they have in Vegas, etc. grind my gears, they take all the glamor out of drinking in bars & bartending (& your nightly take home by diminishing tips). Grinds my gears when opulent upscale bars with mega-expensive libations skimp on the alcohol by loading the drinks up with cheap-ass ice cubes.
                I used to bartend, and we measure everything out with or w/out ice. You get nothing extra by not getting ice, you just get less diluted booze.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                  I always get a **** ton of ice because nothing sucks more than a room temperature soda.
                  When people call pop, soda. :)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                    Oh no, here we go again...

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                      When people call soda, pop.

While we're on topic of soda. People at McDonalds who order the supersized extra greasy burger with a Diet Coke.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post

While we're on topic of soda. People at McDonalds who order the supersized extra greasy burger with a Diet Coke.
                        Some people, myself included, just like the taste of diet pop better. I rarely drink it anymore, but when I do I have to drink diet. Not because it's "better for me" (because it really isn't) but because I like the taste better.

Comment

• Whatbothers me is when people debate semantics and regional colloquialisms. Soda, pop, soda pop..fountain, bubbler, whatever! we all know what you mean who really cares!

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post

My friends dad is opening a pizza place he's going to have a combo order on the menu called the fat chick special that includes two pieces of pizza, extra ranch and topped off with diet coke so they feel like they're eating healthy.

I agree with P-L though. If I do drink pop it's usually diet because I like diet better.

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                            Whatbothers me is when people debate semantics and regional colloquialisms. Soda, pop, soda pop..fountain, bubbler, whatever! we all know what you mean who really cares!
                            Only people in or around Wisconsin know what the heck that means. haha

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Pop? What the **** are you 70?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                                Pop? What the **** are you 70?

Pretty much every old person I've ever met has called it soda so I don't get this.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information