What Grinds Your Gears Reloaded...Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fair enough.

CJ JW what is the most ridiculous thing you have had happen in your classroom?

Comment

• OK, Here goes.

I went to college to be a P.E. teacher, not an English teacher. So when my Principal told me I was going to teach ELA, I initially thought she was joking. As a student, English was my worst subject. As a 7th grader, I had to take summer school because I failed the class (little did I know then, but that has helped me be a better English teacher than anything else. No kid I teach will ever fail because I sat there and let them - but that is another story). Anyway, my Principal was one tough cookie. She expected the very best out of the teachers and the students. (Just a side note here - the Principal I am speaking of passsed away two years ago. The school I am now at was renamed after her in her honor) So, back to the story. Accord to the state curriculum, I was supposed to teach a unit on poetry. I knew that if I jumped right in talking about iambic pentameter and the works of Rudyard Kipling I would turn off student interest very quickly. I decided to start with letting the kids listen to some rap music and let them see how rap music was essentially poetry. From there, we would discuss what message the song was trying to send. It was an easy way to introduce the unit. So there we are, a class room full of 7th grade students with me leading them through RUN DMC's It's Like That. We were singing and clapping when all of a sudden the door swings open and there is Mrs. Jenkins-Moore, the Principal. I just knew she would be furious and the kids did as well because other than the music from the CD, the class went silent. I thought I was a dead man and wanted to shrink down and hide in the cracks of the floor. To our total dismay, Mrs. Jenkins-Moore starting singing and clapping right along with the song. Our jaws hit the floor, because we had never seen her "let loose" like that before. I guess you had to be there for that to be funny, and there are certainly some moments I have shared with my class that were memorable (9/11, Obama swearing in ceremony) but as far as ridiculous goes, that one certainly stands out.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• grandpa cj, tell us about the worst student you've had!

we should have a cj storytime thread.

Comment

• Pointless Facebook status' such as "Watching TV" and then 15 people "liking" it. I don't know why but it grinds my gears.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
            You can't possibly imagine the crap subs go through. Let it go. Besides, she did the right thing by not letting you go anywhere where you would be unsupervised. Trust me on this one.
            Indeed. I had one sub who I assume must have been driven to such dire straights that he showed up to my class tripping on mushrooms.

That was a fun class.

Comment

• great story CJ.

We should just make a bad student thread, I have stories about this one crazy Mofo. I doubt anyone could top it.

Comment

• my cousin is facebook chatting with me and has no idea that I hate her

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Pics of cousin or GTFO

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    my cousin is facebook chatting with me and has no idea that I hate her
                    Tap that ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                      Tap that ****.
                      Not that you dont know this already, but you are a horrible human being. As for CJ, well I think we all know what kind of person he is.

No, I kid, I dont really hate her so much as I see her as being the typical college student who annoyed the crap out of me when I was in college.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        As for CJ, well I think we all know what kind of person he is.

Comment

• People who tack on lol/LOL at the end of something that's not remotely close to funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                            People who tack on lol/LOL at the end of something that's not remotely close to funny.
                            That's true lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
                              That's true lol.

Comment

• "He deserves every penny" - Random person talking about random sports player.

No. He doesn't. I don't give a **** what you do in life, what special talent you may have, nobody in the world deserves multiple millions.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information